How long has it been? Since Gallifrey? Since that time in the cloisters? Since she had heard and felt her heart beating? Since the Doctor?
Needless to say, time was now a blur for Clara Oswald.
And space was no longer out of reach. Her TARDIS made sure of that. And loneliness was not a problem since Me was there, and really, Me was a great companion to explore time and space with. There were times, however, when Clara would revisit Jane Austen again just for a little fun. Jane was more than happy to oblige.
In her life, Clara would have never dreamed to have seen the things she’s seen or gone to the places she’s been - and she had never imagined her life would be… well, almost endless. The entire universe and time was in the palm of her hands and she had all the time in the world.
But she missed him. She missed the Doctor.
How many times had she punched in a time and place, pulled down the lever, and walked out of TARDIS doors hoping that somehow, the frizzy gray haired angry-eyebrowed lanky man would be standing in front of her? How many times had she been walking down the fields of some alien planet (or running down the corridors for her life) and hoping that she would hear a grizzled voice say, “Clara, my Clara”?
But it never happened. Space - and time - were too vast. Their paths wouldn’t cross again.
Clara didn’t know where or when she was. The TARDIS landed at some planet during some time, and although a diner in an alien planet stuck out like a sore thumb, it was the same thing with the Doctor’s police box anyway. For the time they had been there, people - well, various species - had walked in and tried out what the diner had to offer, and soon their milkshakes and burgers were the talk of the town. Clara, in her blue waitress attire, served her customers and somehow felt at peace in all her busyness. Of course, she and Me were going to go off to some other planet and time soon, but for now, this was good.
It was the end of the day and she was closing up. She’d been spent, and she just wanted to go back to her room. Maybe have a nice swim in the pool or pick a book from the library. Ah, the perks of having the TARDIS bigger on the inside.
The bell on the door suddenly jingled, signalling a person had just come in. Clara was busy fixing the shelf behind the counter, so without glancing, she courteously said, “Sorry, we’re closed.”
“I was hoping you could entertain a weary traveler… for at least a couple of minutes?” The voice was light and had a tone of curiosity.
And it belonged to a woman.
Clara knew just how tiring traveling could be. She took a quick glance at the woman and smiled. “Sure, no problem.”
Clara returned to fixing the shelf and she heard the woman sit at the counter. Without turning around, Clara asked, “What can I get you?”
“I… don’t have any money,” the woman replied.
Clara rolled her eyes. It was one of those customers.
“But I can play though,” the woman continued.
Clara froze. She had heard those words before. A very, very long time ago. Her hairs stood on end. For some reason, she was afraid to turn around. Silence hung in the air for a good few moments before Clara was able to speak.
Clara heard the woman get off her seat slowly. The diner’s speakers suddenly came to life, and there was a single strum. A single, familiar strum, followed by notes that filled Clara’s eyes with tears. That song… that was her song.
She turned around and was taken aback for a moment. The person standing in front of her with a guitar was not grey-haired. There were no angry eyebrows. Most of all, it wasn’t a man. It was a blonde woman playing the guitar… his guitar, Clara was sure of it, and she continued until her song was done.
But then she looked up at Clara with a soft expression. A smile slowly spread across her face - a smile of recognition.
The tears fell from Clara’s eyes. Behind that smile, that twinkle in her eye…
i mean, you have to laugh, really, at the overcomplicated, incredibly messed up timeline in ouat.
rumple and belle didn’t go to the edge of realms until after gideon was already grown. at least 17 years had to have passed first before they moved out there. and i mean, yeah maybe belle lived out her life there for all of a few days/weeks/months, but there’s still a huge amount of time unaccounted for if rumple up and went to the realm where the S7 flashbacks take place right after she died. and if gideon grew to be like two decades old, then regina and henry should also both be like 20 years older. henry should be like in his late thirties, and regina around 60… if that timeline was supposed to work.
Old characters searching for true love. Hook still family to Henry. I swear, if we have to see Emma die so Henry can help his step dad move on and find love again, I will puke.
Are you really using a broad sweeping description for advertisers at May upfronts as a spoiler and then applying it to the one character it’s least likely to apply to in order to make yourself (and me) crazy?
Good grief. They’ve already said Henry is going to be the big love story. I think they are telling us that so we know that they don’t need to use any of the returning three for that purpose, especially next season.
My inbox has been full of question about Hook getting a new love interest, so I will address it ONE time.
Obviously I have no idea what they’re going to do, but let me run through the reasons it’s a dumb fucking idea.
Hook is one-half of the most popular, most epic, most central love-story on this show for the last 5 seasons. The audience would reject out of hand any attempt to give him a new love story, and why would they want to turn off the audience that way? They want viewers.
We just saw them getting married and pledge to love each other to eternity. What are you picturing that could come between that and still keep the tenants of true love alive on this show? What would that say about love and love stories on this show? What would it say about true love, the most powerful magic of all? Would it make you want to watch another love story? Would you believe that true love is still magic? Or would it destroy the foundations the show is built on?
This is all especially true if Emma is still alive which I 100% expect her to be. Killing Emma would demolish this reboot before it began. It’s depressing and devoid of hope and a terrible legacy to give the protagonist and the show as a whole.
This show was renewed because of syndication and streaming dollars, killing Emma kills that business. Period.
Next I have a lot of asks that go, “I can’t see them not giving Hook a new love interest, because I can’t see them not using Colin for a romantic/sexual angle…”
Let me get this straight, to you Colin is only good for how he relates sexually to a woman? He has no worth as an actor, and Hook has no worth as a character, outside of a romantic storyline? Wow. Fuck off. No seriously think about what you’re saying. It’s gross.
Think about how sick you feel at the thought of Hook with another woman, and then tell me again how valuable it would be to give Colin a romantic story to play just cause he’s hot? His value on this show as a leading man is with Emma. Period. They never even let us see him kiss Milah or flirt with a bar wench because of how fucking unpalatable that would have been to the audience. You think they’re gonna think the audience is more ready to see or now? After the wedding and 5 years of epic romance? Just stop.
I am not discussing this all summer. Because while I think killing Emma or destroying CS or giving Hook a new love interest would be shooting themselves in the foot, if they do it, it won’t matter to me because I won’t be watching.
If they kill Emma? Deal breaker
If they break Emma and Hook up? Deal Breaker
If they make me feel bad about Emma and Hook’s future? (not counting your garden variety villains and curses they need to deal with) Dealbreaker
If they give Colin a new love interest? (Even if it doesn’t mess with CS because it’s a prequel or fairy tale times-wimey hijinx) Dealbreaker
If they even have Hook look the wrong way at another woman? Deal breaker.
I’m going to have zero fucking tolerance for any of it, just as I have zero fucking tolerance for endless asks on the topic. If it happens, it won’t matter because I won’t be watching and you don’t have to watch either.
LUKE DAVIS asks: What was Vastra and Jenny’s wedding like?
Victorian society reeled. Arthur Conan Doyle declined to attend but sent a hamper, George Bernard Shaw contemplated a new play, and a horse fainted. The Doctor enjoyed himself so much, he came four times, so wreaking havoc with the seating plan. A stern young woman from The Temperance League, attempted to disrupt the happy occasion, declaring it to be immoral, and got put in a headlock by Jenny. Surprisingly, Vastra was much more diplomatic about the interruption and just invited the young lady to dinner.
Fortunately, a video exists of the wedding, although the happy couple’s kiss has been edited from some copies, without the permission of the video makers. Vastra has made a list of the people responsible along with some suitable condiments.
17 Times Taylor Swift Spoke the Damn Truth About Love and Relationshipstaylor
1. “I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore.”
Lesson: You could spend your whole life trying to fix that bad boy, but you probably shouldn’t.
2. “Relationships are like traffic lights. And I just have this theory that I can only exist in a relationship if it’s a green light.”
Lesson: Don’t bother with someone who is unavailable, emotionally or otherwise.
3. “People like music when they’re in love, but they don’t need it as much. You need music when you’re missing someone or you’re pining for someone or you’re forgetting someone or you’re trying to process what just happened.”
Lesson: It’s perfectly natural to cry along with a sad song on the radio.
4. “Here’s what I’ve learned about deal-breakers: If you have enough natural chemistry with someone, you overlook every single thing that you said would break the deal.”
Lesson: Be aware of those red flags, even if the sex is super good.
5. “I can’t deal with someone wanting to take a relationship backward or needing space or cheating on you. It’s a conscious thing; it’s a common-sense thing.”
Lesson: You are so much better than all of that bulls–t.
6. “In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he’s not easy to spot; he’s really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair.”
Lesson: Anyone can break your heart, and definitely don’t date someone who uses more expensive hair products than you and/or wears a cape.
7. “When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.”
Lesson: Time is more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly, time-y wimey, stuff.
8. “All you can do is be honest and real with him as you get to know each other. Deciding not to play games is the best way to go because it keeps things simple: If he messes it up by playing around with your heart, you’ll know he doesn’t deserve you.”
Lesson: Ain’t nobody got time for that.
9. “[Guys] can be a part of your life but never let the guy be your life. They can live in your world, but never make the guy your world. Knowing who you are and being independent and strong will be attractive to the right guy.”
Lesson: Love yourself first.
10. “Guarding your heart and protecting your dignity are a little bit more important than clarifying the emotions of someone who’s only texting you back three words. I’ve learned that from trying to figure out people who don’t deserve to be figured out.”
Lesson: Don’t waste time chasing after someone who isn’t giving you what you need.
11. “If I think too hard about a relationship I’ll talk myself out of it…I have rules for a lot of areas of my life. Love is not going to be one of them.”
Lesson: Sometimes it’s better to follow your heart over your head. Unless your heart is telling you to date a dude with a ponytail. Don’t do that. (We’re kidding, man buns and man ponytails are so hot right now).
12. “At some point, you grow out of being attracted to that flame that burns you over and over and over again.”
Lesson: You will eventually learn to leave that toxic person behind.
13. “If you need to put me down a lot in order to level the playing field or something? If you are threatened by some part of what I do and want to cut me down to size in order to make it even? That won’t work either.”
Lesson: If a guy can’t handle how incredibly awesome you are and feels the need to cut you down, show him the door. Then throw him through said door.
14. “If someone doesn’t seem to want to get to know me as a person but instead seems to have kind of bought into the whole idea of me and he approves of my Wikipedia page? And falls in love based on zero hours spent with me? That’s maybe something to be aware of. That will fade fast. You can’t be in love with a Google search.”
Lesson: Remember that someone is more than what it says on their Facebook and Twitter account.
15. “I think that you can love people without it being the great love.”
Lesson: Not everyone you date has to be the be-all, end-all soul mate for you.
16. “For me, when I picture the person I want to end up with, I don’t think about what their career is, or what they look like. I picture the feeling I get when I’m with them.”
Lesson: In the end, it’s all about how you feel when you’re with that special person. Nothing else should matter.
17. “I think about food literally all day every day. It’s a thing. ”
Lesson: Fine, this one isn’t about being in love with a person, but it’s about loving food and that is a relationship that everyone should cherish! For example, we would marry a slice of pizza, if we were legally able to.
In honor of Doctor Who returning this saturday I present to you this little photoshop project i’ve been working on. The premise is what if the TARDIS mixes up control rooms on the classic Doctor’s. The TARDIS has hinted in the past that the old Control Rooms are never really delete, just archived. She has also said due to the fact it’s a time machine she has also archived Control Rooms that haven’t been created yet.