Additional Tags: Pi Day, Fluff, Humor, Matt Holt has PTSD, Hunk (Voltron) is so Pure, Cooking, Bad Puns, Nightmares, POV Matt Holt, Hunk (Voltron) is an Engineering Genius, Who uses his powers for edible math puns
How does Ash feel about tattoos? Do you think he would ever get one?
Ash likes ink a great deal, but he can’t get tattoos.
It’s a standing issue in the fae world that tattoos don’t ‘stick’ because the body heals them and pushes out the ink. They can get magically applied tattoos, but those are permanent and extremely difficult (to downright impossible) to remove, not to mention extortionately expensive to apply and remove. Since many fae are aware that they’re not going to live a short human lifespan, but actually thousands or tens of thousands of years, imagine the idea of: ‘I don’t know if I’ll still like it in twenty years’ butimagine that in context of two thousand years.
Which is also why the only character so far in the fae world who has tattoos in the main ensemble, is Gulvi. And also why her tattoos are spiritually significant, because they are kind of meant to portray her link to the Council of Lammergeiers forever. And they were magically applied.
So Ash appreciates other people’s tattoos, and he can certainly get the stick-on / printed ones if he feels like it (ironically those would last longer), but ink isn’t an option for him. It doesn’t really bother him though. Being a waterhorse, he’s actually kind of picky about the idea of what will go on his body and what won’t. But he’s also the kind of person who will definitely sit by someone’s side while they get a tattoo and watch in amazement at the things that humans do so easily.
Dread Doctors, Time, Mirror verse and are they doing stuff to Scott as well?
I’ve been pondering something about the doctors and time and I think I just found another piece that might fit the theory. This brings with it some mirror verse speculations and a weird suspicion that the doctors are doing something to Scott as well.
Scott: Here you go, Stephanie. Stephanie: Thank you, Dr. McCall. Scott: I’m not a doctor yet.
Also this official fanart poster which has Scott with a clock indicating time over his eye, and it looks like the monocle the doctors use, and we have the black blood which we’ve seen on all the chimera experiments.
It’s night here, but yet, elsewhere, day springs up from its well, gracing a woman waking up. Early for breakfast, late for her shower, the mailman makes his rounds delivering newspapers, and for the first time, across the horizon, the day breaks, and it gets in his eyes, and the momentary annoyance becomes adoration of the light reflecting and refracting, endorphins pumping, this is going to be a good day.
“Would you remember me after I’m gone? In another life, would you remember me? Would I even out live you..?” Staring at the pages of the novel, fingers tightened on the hard covers. Reciting the words that stood out, she couldn’t help the sorrow that suddenly pressed on her. She knew that she was different, but was it possible to out-live those around her? Would she? Just like the character, would she go through so many years, wishing for time to rewind?
And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.
There are good days, and there are bad.
There’s happy times and there are sad.
Wether you’ve your own marching band,
Or feel you’re swimming in quicksand;
Wether you’re on top of the heap,
Or just want to go back to sleep;
Somedays you feel like you can’t cope
But don’t give in, there’s always hope!
Whatever today throws your way
Tomorrow brings a brand new day.
For a time master, nothing short of a tourbillon, I suppose. - Mikaela Schias
Cerus couldn’t stop a chuckle at the card, even before actually looking at the watch itself. It was impressive,admittedly, and pretty much one of a kind-not many people could afford them, he’d imagine.
But it was hardly its monetary cost or exquisite style that had impressed him; it was the gesture and the feeling behind the present.
He reached for his phone after he’d put the watch on-he didn’t much wear them, but this one was special in more ways than one.
[Text:Mikaela:] I just got your present. I’m rarely if ever stricken speechless, but all I can say right now, I think, is ‘WOW’!;) You really shouldn’t have, though!Can this ‘time master’ take you out to dinner tonight, you think?So that I can properly thank you in person?
1. Don’t burn up all your energy in the first few days, aim to be consistent throughout the month
2. Seek forgiveness daily especially between suhur and fajr
3. SHOW OFF TO ALLAH! People are being freed from jahannam every night, make yourself stand out
4. Cut out any distractions, you might not live to see next Ramadan so don’t waste any time
5. Taraweeh & Tahajjud are great, but your 5 daily salahs are more important. Don’t miss the isha jama'ah and just come for taraweeh
6. Feed as many fasting people as you can to multiply your rewards
7. Give sadaqah every day and night, even if it is only 1p
8. If you can’t fast, don’t become lazy in the rest of your ibadah, you can still do most of the things on this list
9. Soften your heart with the Quran daily, set a time to listen and ponder over its verse every day
10. Keep track of your progress constantly, evaluate your Iman daily and make sure you are constantly increasing
11. Be sincere to Allah and make changes with the intention of them being long term
12. Hide your deeds as much as possible
13. Make dhikr as much as you can, keep saying subhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, laa illaha illa Allah, Allahu Akbar etc throughout the day
14. Don’t eat too much, this will decrease your khushu in Salah
15. Always ask Allah to accept your deeds, you never know if anything you’ve done has been accepted
16. Quran, Quran, Quran! Allah has honoured this month through its relationship with the Quran, read as much of it as you can. Try to finish it at least once this month
17. Along side your normal recitation, have a second slower one where you ponder over the verses, this is better than just reading it without thought
18. Don’t miss any nawafil/sunnah prayers during the month
19. If possible stay in the masjid after fajr (doing ibadah) until 15 minutes after sunrise and pray ishraq. This has the reward of hajj and umrah
20. Pray duha Salah
21. Make lots of dua, especially at night and for your parents, dead loved ones and for the ummah (don’t forget Muslim prisoners)
22. Everything can be an ibadah if you have the correct intention. Sleep/ rest with the intention to re-energise yourself for more ibadah etc
23. Avoid haram as much as possible and don’t show off your deeds
24. Implement as much of the Quran in your life as you can, take it slow if necessary but be consistent
25. Get your priorities straight, sometimes we may want to do an act of ibadah but our parents might want us to do something which we see as insignificant. Don’t get annoyed or feel like you are missing out, obey your parents as Allah has commanded
26. Try to improve and re establish any broken family ties
27. Encourage others to do good, you will get the same reward as everyone you influence.
28. Don’t let who you were stop you from becoming better. If you didn’t pray/ wear a hijab before, now’s the time to start. You shouldn’t feel guilty for becoming better
29. Allah wants to forgive you, so show him that you want to be forgiven and seek his forgiveness.
It was about that time of the day again. Dinner time, and Yoonbum was supposed to cook like he always did. He wished he knew how to make other things rather than just types of foods that were more of a soup type mix. But he could only prepare whatever it was Sangwoo brought home.
The mixture on the pot steamed and bubbled, and his eyes shifted over to where Sangwoo sat at the table, staring for a few moments before turning and looking back to the pot, fidgeting with the skirt he wore nervously since there was a dead silence in the air.
“…..” There had been times he wanted to make conversation, but he wasn’t sure if speaking out of place was going to warrant some sort of beating, even though he hadn’t been attacked since he tried to break out and leave.
Laughter is the best place to hide
When you are feeling low,
You lock the worst feelings inside
So no one has to know.
The laughter takes their ears away,
Deflects the gazes too
A game I often have to play,
But not when I’m with you.
Note: “five verses”: four (quattuor) in the Latin.
Vibius Maximus, if you’ve got the time
To say hello, just read this one quick poem-
For you’re a busy fellow (and what’s more,
Not the type to work yourself to death). …You’re skipping these five verses too? Smart guy! Vibi Maxime, si vacas havere, hoc tantum lege: namque et occupatus et non es nimium laboriosus. Transis hos quoque quattuor? Sapisti.
Bearded Man Reading, Dirk van Hoogstraten, ca. 1630