Things I’ve learnt (my studying style)
1) Take your time to digest your notes slowly, rather than rush through making them to move on to tutorials.
2) Include examples in your notes so you can refer to them easily when remembering how to answer a type of question.
3) Prepare two kinds of notes. The first should be in depth and encompassing. The second should be prepared once you have better knowledge of the subject, with simpler bits of info that you know are the most important ones. Try to compress them into, maybe, 2-3 pages a chapter.
4) Write clearly and slowly so you can actually read them later.
5) Save ALL your work - you will also learn from the mistakes that you make when answering questions.
6) Identify problematic areas to focus on. If you can’t answer these alone, at least you’ll know what to discuss with friends or lecturers.
7) Label your pages and use simple colour combinations. Too many colours will distract you from the actual information.
Good luck to everyone prepping ♥️