I’m just imagining at some point in the future where Yuuri and Viktor become parents and it’s all good and they’re aggressively doting Skatin’ Dads and then one day Yurio is like ‘hey when do I get to babysit?’
And Yuuri & Viktor are a bit ??? because Yuri’s never really seemed like the babysitting type, you know. But they’re like, well he seems to do okay when they’re all together we’ll give him a chance. So for their next date night they have Yuri come and watch The Baby. They’re a bit nervous of course, keeping an eye on their phones more than usual, but Yuri keeps them updated and it all goes swimmingly. They’re even pleasantly surprised when Yuri mentions that she didn’t even fuss when he put her to bed. She always fusses when someone else puts her to bed!
And so Yuri sort of becomes their go-to babysitter. Baby likes Yuri. Yuri likes Baby. Yuuri & Viktor get nice, relaxing date nights. Wee!
They also happen to notice new baby things popping up here and there: various toy kitties, baby-sized tiger print leggings, various pairs of animal print neon colored socks. All of which really stand out against all the over priced baby clothes Viktor has bought for her. And then one day Yuuri’s going to dress the baby for an outing and finds a baby leather jacket(complete with a roaring tiger on the back) in the closet.
He of course brings it to Viktor like ‘did you buy this?’
And Viktor is like ‘wtf no, that totally goes against The Aesthetic I’m going for.’
They both just stare at the jacket for a minute and then Viktor is texting Yuri ‘did you buy our baby an ugly leather jacket???’
Yuri replies five seconds later with ‘1st of all: fuck you. 2nd: I’m helping make sure your kid turns out cool, god knows she’s gonna need all the help she can get with your two uncool idiots for her parents. 3rd: fuck you again bc that jacket is fucking AWESOME.’
Fun animal facts I have learned being a zoo docent
1. There are several ways to classify the large cats, one of the more useful ones is into the roaring cats (tigers, lions) and the purring cats (bobcats, lynxes). The puma (also known as the mountain lion) is the largest cat that purrs. I’ve heard it up close, it’s amazing. A cheetah’s purr sounds like an idling motorcycle engine.
2. Kangaroos cannot move their legs independently of each other, they have to move them in sync - when they’re on land. When they’re swimming, they can move them separately. Hopping is their most efficient way to move - a walking kangaroo is awkward as hell. They swing both legs forward using their tail as a third leg to prop up while their legs swing.
3. People often think that flamingoes’ knees bend the wrong way. They don’t - the joint you’re seeing in the middle of their leg isn’t their knee, it’s their ankle. Their knee is up by their body, and it bends the same way ours does.
4. Giraffes only sleep 1-2 hours a day.
5. Bald eagles’ vocalizations are not what you expect. When you see a flying bald eagle in the movies and hear that majestic caw sound? That isn’t an eagle, it’s been dubbed over with another bird, usually a red-tailed hawk. Bald eagles actually sound…not majestic. Kind of like if a kitten could be a bird.
6. Elephants are one of only a handful of animals that can pass the mirror test - in other words, they can recognize their own reflection (and not think it’s another animal, as dogs and cats usually do). They tested this by placing a chalk mark on an elephant’s forehead and then showing it a mirror. The elephant investigated the mark on its own forehead, indicating it knew that it was looking at itself. The only animals that pass this test are the higher primates, the higher cetaceans (orcas, dolphines), elephants, and weirdly, magpies.
7. One-fifth of all the known mammal species are bats.
8. A kangaroo mother can have three joeys simultaneously at different stages of development: an embryo in her womb (kangaroos can do what’s called embryonic diapause which means sort of putting the development on pause until she’s ready for it to develop further), a joey in her pouch attached to one nipple, and a joey out of the pouch on the ground who nurses from the other one. The amazing thing? Each of her nipples make different formulations of milk for each joey’s different nutritional needs.
9. Bonobos, our closest genetic relative (they are more closely related to us than they are to either chimps or gorillas) are almost entirely non-aggressive, matriarchal, and use sex to solve all their problems. They engage in both same and opposite sex interactions, non-penetrative sex (oral, rubbing, manual) and with any age. That’s an interesting area to work in, lemme tell you.
10. Tortoises have super loud sex. Like, really loud.
11. All grizzlies are brown bears, but not all brown bears are grizzlies (grizzlies are a sub-categorization of the brown bear).
12. Reindeer are the only deer species where both males and females grow antlers. The males shed theirs the beginning of December, the females shed theirs in the spring. So all of Santa’s reindeer are girls, heh. I love telling little kids that.
13. If a rhinoceros knocks off its horn, it grows back faster than you’d expect. One of ours, Rosie, has knocked hers off twice.
14. Gorillas get crushes on each other. And on the humans that take care of them. Male gorillas also masturbate. I don’t know if the females do, I’ve never seen it. Sometimes it’s like a soap opera up in there.
15. Langur monkeys are silvery-gray in color - their babies are bright orange. Like Cheeto orange, I do not exaggerate.
16. Polar bear fur is not white, it’s transparent, like fiber optics. Also, their skin is black.
Everyone’s doing their flashy/fun routines and then it’s announced halfway though that there will be a special skate featuring the triplets.
And you’d think it would be Yuuri and Victor out there with them having choreographed a simple routine to their favourite song but no it’s Yurio.
The triplets were so excited about the show and showed him the little “choreography” they had put together before his practice right after he flew in and the moment they did a tiger roar at the end in his honour Yurio was all “you’re in the show and I’m going to help your routine and I’m going to be a part of it”
They keep it secret from Yuuko and get them costumes and everything.
It’s the cutest thing in the world and Yurio doesn’t even care that it hurts his punk image because it was so much fun to do and the girls keep calling him the bestest skater