@aru-the-death-god and I been talking about the Babadook being gay and we started a little list of monsters, creatures, and supernatural beings from movies, stories, myths, etc. and how they are LGBT!
This is what we got so far…feel free to add if we missed any! (EDITS: I threw in some edits and added new members!)
Babadook = gay
The Bye bye man = bi
Blair witch = lesbian
Mothman = gay/trans/non binary
Samara = asexual
Freddy Krueger = pansexual (dating Jason)
Jason = trans/gay (dating Freddy)
Cthulhu = pansexual
The wolfman(all werewolves actually) = gay
Godzilla = gay/genderfluid
King Kong = bi
Frankenstein’s monster = gender fluid
Bride of Frankenstein = trans
Minotaur = gay
Medusa (and all gorgons) = pan
All Harpies = lesbians
Dracula (and all vampires) = bisexual
The Invisible man = polysexual
The gill man (the creature from the black lagoon) = Demisexual
The banshee = pansexual
Chupacabra = gay
Shiva = lesbian
Ifrit = gay
The sirens = asexual/gay
Slender man = gay (probably into BDSM)
ok. first off. she doesn’t like, lose it willy-nilly-unresponsible-like. like, she’s flying to fight a ten story tall alien and it just happens to get lost in the superhero-quick-change-shuffle scenario. totally plausible. totally understandable.
she really thinks that her x-ray vision can save her by the time her dinner reservations roll around but alas. a hero must always struggle.
is she upset about the last five months of her paycheck being chunked out and lost for forever? ask her later. preferably when lena’s said yes.
lena is sitting in her black and purple work outfit and she looks captivating in the fancy dinner light and the wine is good and expensive and the place is fancy and perfect and there’s no paparazzi and kara doesn’t have the ring. doesn’t have a plan. rao. clark warned her about this.
lena says something about dessert but kara’s too busy focusing on her next words, the conjugation of “hey so you wanna be my wife? because that’d make me happy” and how to make it sound not casual at all. it would really very help her if she had a ring, goddamn little expensive rock that she’s lost.
alex told her to wait. alex told her to put the black box on her shelf and not take the chance of shoving it into the emergency pocket of her suit. but wanting to not waste a second on proposals is an emergency, right? kara tells herself this as the waiter brings a tray of fancy cheesecakes to choose from. kara blurts out ‘blueberry’ without thinking and then lena’s smirking like she knows everything that’s going on in kara’s head. which, she doesn’t. she shouldn’t. kara’s inner thoughts are the equivalent of a burning room right now. lena shouldn’t know that.
the music is jazzy. the place is dark. the candles are romantic. kara’s ring is nowhere to be found.
she swallows the last of her drink. a placebo. let her live - she’s about to make the smartest or silliest decision of her life.
(ring or no ring, it’s the smartest. she knows this in her core.)
lena’s taken the last bite of her dessert when kara’s just mustered up enough courage. this is it. this is the jump. kara straightens in her seat, looks lena in the eye, and —
it’s the waiter. he looks almost sheepish to be interrupting them and kara has a crick in her neck from turning so hard but the half smile on his face gives him away. “you dropped this on your way into the seating room.” he places a small black box onto the table and bows, turns away before kara can utter a sound.
kara reaches for the box with shaky fingers, her lungs suddenly too small and her heart too open.
clark told her to wait. alex had recommended a six month plan. kara blinks, thinks of today’s and tomorrow’s and how lena makes coffee in her bare feet in kara’s kitchen, messy hair and sleepy frown brightening up kara’s day with or without the sun.
she picks up the box. lena’s heart skips a beat. kara dives off the deep end.
(later, she thanks winn for the emergency pocket design. lena recommends a zipper for the remodel.)
Sorry this is more like a novel. It’s inspired by Tom Holland’s ratchet foot insta story the other day.
• Let’s be real Michelle is totally a cat person
• so is Peter
•but Michelle is like let-me-rescue-all-the-stray-cats-in-sight kinda cat person
•so when Michelle works up the nerve to invite Peter over for the first time, she of course has about 10 cats invading her home
• “this group is all named after women in literature” she says like it’s an obvious statement
• “Margaret, Sylvia, Toni, Mary, Maya, Gloria, and that’s P-” she stops listing abruptly once her eyes land on an obnoxiously orange and slightly mangled cat. It’s looks like it’s seen some stuff with its chipped ear and soulful brown eyes.
• “What’s the one’s name?” Peter is genuinely curious now.
• “shut up.” Michelle doesn’t elaborate any further and moves to her bedroom where Margaret and Toni follow.
• Michelle totally keeps cat food on the fire escape for cats to come by and enjoy.
• Peter doesn’t want to persist and drops it at that, but as soon as he sits on Michelle’s book laden floor, “no-name” perches in his lap and makes it a point he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
• Michelle gets a soft look in her eyes but then she’s pulling out her ap chemistry book and it’s all business for there on out.
• once Michelle and Peter have gotten more comfortable with each other and Ned and Liz are no longer the only friends on his Snapchat, they’ve accumulated a streak of a hard 75. Of course they’re mostly snaps of street cats that they pass throughout the day.
• one day Peter was most likely overwhelmed by his friendly neighborhood Spider-Man duties and breaks the streak.
• Michelle is not okay.
• she even goes about ignoring him the next day and after moving herself and her stack of books down to Ned and Peter’s end of the table for a solid 2 months now, she’s back to her ways of isolation.
• at the end of the day when Peter and Ned are having their usual locker meeting she makes a point to talk to Ned in front of Peter.
• “can you let Peter know that I’m very upset with him right now?”
• Ned is thoroughly confused and is looking back and forth between Peter and Michelle for some answers
• “but Peter is right he-”
• “thank you Ned I’m leaving now.”
• Peter is determined to make up for whatever he did wrong to Michelle.
• so of course he gets her a new sketchbook and pencils.
• she fills up those things fast.
• Peter webs a heartfelt “I’m sorry” on to the building across Michelle’s window and hastily waits after texting her to look.
• as he’s hiding on her fire escape he hears her scramble to open the window and her curly head pops out.
• he comes out from hiding with everything he wants to say practiced in his head to avoid screwing up.
• “I’m really sorry for whatever I did Michelle. I’m so sorry, but. Seriously, what did I do” He wasn’t supposed to say that.
• she just crosses her arms and squints.
• Peter is practically sweating under his spidey suit.
• “take off the mask.”
• he immediately listens not wanting to mess up.
• she takes in a deep breath and releases with the back of her hand slapping into the palm of her other “you broke the streak Peter.”
• Peter is at a loss for words and once Michelle notices she pulls him inside and shuts the window.
• “th-the streak?” Peter is embarrassed at how he practically squeaked.
• “yes the streak. Do you know how panicked I get when I don’t hear from you?” Of course it’s not also because how she loves the rush of excitement she gets from seeing a snap pop up from C3-Peter0. No way.
• realization finally settles into Peter and the tension leaves his shoulders.
• “the streak.”
• “yes Peter, the streak, we’ve established that.”
• Peter laughs in relief and automatically regrets it.
• Michelle gets a murderous look in her eyes and Peter has to act quick.
•"no, no, no. I’m not laughing cause I think it’s funny.“
• Michelle’s posture finally relaxes.
• “I’m just so relieved. I didn’t realize I hadn’t snapped back. I thought you got the one where I was getting takeout with May.”
• Michelle’s face suddenly scrunches up in disgust.
• “you mean the one with your ugly ass toes that you posted on your story?”
• Peter goes straight for the jab at his toes.
• “wait. Toes? Ugly? Since when are there attractive looking toes in existence?”
• Michelle stares him in the eyes as she yanks off her sock to display her perfectly painted toenails.
•Peter is speechless
• “but that’s beside the point. I’m sorry for ignoring you today.” Michelle blurts.
• Peter is taken aback. Michelle is pretty stubborn about apologizing.
• “I’m sorry too. That my toes are so ugly.”
• she playfully slaps him on the arm.
• “okay, okay. I really am sorry. I promise I’ll communicate with you everyday. Scouts honor.” His right hand raised.
• “you were a boyscout?”
• “… maybe”
• more ammo for Michelle
• “ you’ll have to show me your patches some time.”
• Michelle’s parents are out for the evening so they decide to make it a movie night.
• Peter changes into the stashed clothes he keeps at Michelle’s.
• as Michelle sketches Peter in her new book while a French film plays in the background, Peter finally asks.
• “so seriously what’s the cat’s name?”
• “what cat?” Her eyes focused on her work.
• “oh I don’t know, the one that is glued to me.”
• he points to the infamous orange cat in his lap.
• Michelle mumbles something under her breath.
• “ eder urrker”
• “hmm? I didn’t catch that over the arguing in French.”
• “Peter Purrker”
• a grin breaks out his face
• Michelle’s favorite grin
• he takes in a breath
• “don’t make me kick you out.”
• he holds it.
• and settles into the warm comfort of Peter and Michelle’s company.