“You don’t know anything about him! Never talk like that about him! I’ve never met any other person like Fire, who is strong like a man but also warm and gentle like a woman. There isn’t a more wonderful person than he is!”
I can’t believe this is the first time I’ve watched Tiger and Bunny.
Literally every other anime I’ve ever seen in my life would have played panel one off as a homophobic joke normalizing the discomfort Seymour causes heterosexual men, but it doesn’t phase Kotetsu in the slightest. He trusts his friend, appreciates him, knows that this comment is coming from a place of concern and just laughs back in turn.
There should be more jokes where the heterosexual friend is just plain comfortable with their homosexual and bisexual friends. Why do I not see this more often?
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - My all-time favourite though I don’t really talk about it. It has one of the best world-building I’ve seen in anime, and I love basically everything about it. Brotherhood is better than the first anime because it has Ling Yao, Mei Chang and Olivier Mira Armstrong in it amongst other things!!
2. Haikyuu!! - One of my favourite sports anime, I’ve fallen in love with almost all of the cast, and it’s the only manga that I follow at the moment too. I love the underdog story and they’re finally going places now! I’m really excited for what the mangaka has in store for us in the future!
3. Yuri!!! on Ice - My current obsession if the things i’m reblogging aren’t making that obvious. This one is a game changer, a history maker! Best anime this season (that i’m watching). If you haven’t watched it yet, leave this post and get on that, stat!!
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso/Your Lie in April - CRIED LIKE A NEWBORN BABY TO THIS! This is such an incredible story about getting over emotional trauma, and rediscovering your passions. Prepare a tissue box or two…hundred.
5. Tiger & Bunny - This one is seriously underrated!! So maybe it’s not for everyone but i loved the family drama, and the relationship building between the two main heroes. The characters are all charming, the villain is positively EVIL, and the plot is great!
6. Hajime no Ippo - In my opinion one of the best sports anime of all time. I can’t recommend it enough - don’t get put off because of it’s art style, it has some unbelievably epic matches! No match is boring!!
7. Boku dake ga inai machi/Erased - I adore time-travel plots, and this one was interesting, and the mystery was so gripping. The ending was fab too! Bittersweet.
8. 91 Days - One of my favourite anime this year, it was absolutely incredible. I felt like it would have made an amazing movie too, a really great story!
9. Stein’s;Gate - I cried, I laughed, and it was super interesting! I was addicted to this one and couldn’t stop watching it until I finished it. It’s a great concept and well delivered.
10. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I cried my eyes out several times! And it’s so arty! Love it!