Pffft. Here we are XD. Finally. Some chapter 2 stuff!
I was showing the refs (that @bendy-boris found and sent to discord chat. Thx x3) to a friend of mine and they pointed out that there is absolutely no ink on Bendys bow tie. XD
“I Don’t Know How to Tie a Tie,” Watercolor and Inks.
I’m not thrilled with how this finally turned out, but it’s ok.
I’m a huge One Piece fan, and I had been hoping to get something done with watercolors for some time. So I thought I would do something simple. It took a few tries, but I did reach a breakthrough with it. Mainly in use of the paints and knowing how to handle a different sort of watercolor paper.
I dunno if I’d consider this portfolio worthy or not, but it’s something that worked out alright. I can probably do better.
Summary- One of Lance siblings gets married and his family teases him that he has no date to bring along to the wedding.
This is for @hunkiest-hunk and also for Valentine’s day!!!! Ily Tobi and I love Hance
The house was filled with laughter and smiles and the clinking of glasses as the celebration for Lance’s sister getting engaged commenced. His aunts and uncles and cousins mingled around the house and backyard, a pleasant buzz was tinged throughout the atmosphere.
Little to Lance’s knowledge, there had been a betting pool passed around on who he would be taking to the wedding, seeing as ever since he got back from space and became a paladin of Voltron, he was surrounded by people who would jump at the chance to go with him.
Lance was talking with his cousins when his sister and her fiance tapped him on the shoulder starting up a conversation with him.
“So Lance! It seems that you’re the only one without a date.” Francis, his sister’s fiance, teased
Lance blushed, and stuttered, “Uh- well I- uhm.”
He looked around desperately and his eyes fell on a tall husky boy with dark skin. He wore a yellow shirt and laughed at something funny his cousin had said. He had a few scars scattered on his arms, the years of fighting shown proudly. His heart warmed at his best friend, Hunk’s, dazzling smile and he immediately pointed at him.
“Hunk, of course. He’s my best friend.”
His sister’s face lit up and she screamed “I knew it!” at her fiance, before running off somewhere. Francis sighed saying something like “Great, now I owe her money.” and “my money was on that angry little emo kid.” before he walked off after her.
Lance blinked confused before shrugging and walking over to said best friend.
Surely this wouldn’t be a big deal.
Spoiler alert: It was.
The news of Lance taking Hunk to the wedding spread like wildfire. But heck, in Lance’s family? With everyone right there? Of course it did. Lance paid it no mind, except of course, when people would go up to him and say “Man, I thought it was going to be Keith!” or “You know, I have a friend who’d love to go with you…”, that always annoyed him.
“Hey Lance!” someone called. Lance, expecting it to be yet another one of his cousins teases, was about to tell them off when he was met face to face with the person he was supposed to be taking to the wedding.
His face lit up, “Oh hey buddy! What’s up?”
Hunk smiled at him before scrunching his brows, “Well, you see, your family keeps smiling at me and shaking my hand and congratulating me? Some of them say something like ‘I have more money now, thanks to you.’ or something?”
Lance could feel the color drain from his face. Oh. So that’s why. He thought, already knowing that he was going to get teased a lot, and already knowing people were going to try and get him to change his answer.
He sighed and shrugged “Oh you know my family…probably making something up… Oh! But uhm, hey, so do you want to go to the wedding with me? I mean…even if it wasn’t specifically with me, you’d still go cause you’re, y’know, practically a part of the family anyway, but I mean, if you go with me you could probably get some sweet deals at the-” Hunk put a finger on his lips to silence him.
“Dude, of course I’ll come with you. You’re my best friend, so why wouldn’t I?” Hunk accepted, nudging Lance with his arm before continuing to talk about what the dress code was, and whether a suit was mandatory or just a dress shirt and slacks with nice shoes was allowed. Lance let out the breath he had subconsciously been holding, somehow being nervous about one little thing. He brushed these confusing feelings aside and went to listen to Hunk’s rant about suits.
Yeah, maybe it would come back to bite him, but for now…this is fine.
Lance was increasingly feeling like it was getting over his head, the closer the wedding came.
“So Lance, how’s Hunk.” his Dad asked, grinning at the indignant look Lance sent him.
“He’s fine Dad.” Lance huffed.
“Well I’m sorry for asking about your boyfriend.” his dad teased, Lance’s face heating up at the word boyfriend. “It’s just that we’ve been sure that you’ve had a crush on Hunk since you were little,” Lance buried his face into his hands and groaned, “so we’re just really happy for you guys.”
Lance’s face still burned as he thought about his childhood. He thought about how when he was little he had maybe a crush on Hunk, but most people usually have crushes on their friends as kids…right? Even then, he maybe possibly had a small crush on Hunk in his middle school years and just maybe he had a eensy teensy weensy little crush on Hunk throughout the garrison and maybe that followed him to space and back but, that’s just how normal crushes are, right?….
Lance sighed, knowing he was screwed and immediately accepting his fate.
He started listening to the dinner conversation after that.
It was approaching the day of the wedding, Lance had already gotten his suit and he was just helping his sister get ready for it, picking out her dress, getting her hair done, etc. So it was a big relief when he got a break from that and just hangout with Hunk.
“Hey, do you think this would look okay?” Hunk said from behind the changing room door.
Okay so, maybe they were still doing wedding related stuff but it was still fun!
Lance looked up from his phone and saw Hunk step out wearing a dark suit with a light yellow button up shirt and a black tie. Lance smiled as he admired Hunk, looking him up and down before nodding at him, giving his approval. Hunk smiled and went back into the changing room to go back to his normal clothes.
Lance sighed and smiled, before realizing that he’d eventually have to tell Hunk about how his family thinks that him and Hunk are in a relationship. He could feel the blood draining from his face as he thought about the possibility that Hunk might get mad at him for not telling him. That, or he’ll say that he doesn’t want to go to the wedding anymore.
Lance sucked in a breath.
He’ll just tell Hunk the day of, it seems.
The day was here.
Lance took a deep breath as he nervously fixed his tie and ran his hand through his hair. He heard the knock at the door and opened it up to see a slew of bridesmaids trail in along with the flowergirls.
Lance looked back before seeing Hunk in the doorway. His breath caught in his throat as he stared at the gorgeous man in front of him. He hadn’t worn the headband and his hair was pushed back and off his forehead, he wore a white button up with the sleeves pushed up and a black bow tie tied neatly around his neck. He was holding his jacket over his shoulder and his eyes shown.
After what seemed like hours, Lance blinked and felt like he could breathe again.
Lance cleared his throat and smiled, moving to the side and letting Hunk through. He shut the door after Hunk entered, biting his lip as he thought of something to say.
“You look good…really good.” Lance blinked and looked at Hunk who he could see the barest hint of a blush on. Lance grinned, feeling his face heat up.
“T-thanks…you look really nice too.”Lance nodded at Hunk’s attire.
He looked over to his sister who seemed to be ready. “Shall we?” he asked, taking his place in line as they entered the cathedral part, leading Hunk to a seat.
Before it started he quickly leaned over to Hunk, “Oh by the way, my family thinks we’re dating.”
Hunk looked at him before hunching over and covering his face. Lance was about to ask if he was okay but then he heard Hunk’s laughter. Hunk sat back up and suppressed a few giggles before simply saying “Ok. But we’re talking about this later.”, he didn’t look mad, and on the contrary, he looked extremely happy.
Once the vows were exchanged and the kiss happened, they had taken photos, and now they were proceeding to the after party. Once Lance met back up with Hunk after the family photos, they started talking about something or other, before Lance was pulled away and on to the dance floor.
Lance would look over every once in a while to see Hunk who seemed to mostly be bopping his head to the music or chatting with the other people who also decided not to dance. Once Lance was finally allowed to sit down, he was sweaty and hot. Hunk smiled at him and offered him water, who gladly took it.
“Having fun?” Hunk asked, Lance nodded smiling around his glass.
“But you know…we have to talk about us…’dating’?” Hunk prompted, biting his lip and raising his brows.
Lance nearly choked on his water.
“Uh well uhm.. I just… I mean- if you don’t like it I’ll tell everyone right away, but I just thought that-” Lance stuttered, trying not to feel too bad.
Hunk chuckled, “Well actually, you see I was wondering if instead of fake it was….real?” his confidence tapered off at the end and under the dim lights it was hard to see but he could see the reddish tint of a blush on the darker boy’s cheeks.
Lance was stunned silent. Hunk shifted uncomfortably until he just bit his lip and looked away, Lance could see the hurt in his eyes, along with tiny tears. “N-nevermind it was stupid-”
Lance shot out of his seat and shoved his face close to Hunk’s. “No! No I mean, I…I want to be in a relationship with you….a real one.” Lance tried to stop himself from smiling but he couldn’t hold it all in. Hunk’s look of relief and pure happiness caused a surge of happy little butterflies to flutter around his stomach. Lance dropped his eyes from Hunk’s warm earth tone eyes to his lips. He brought his eyes back to Hunk’s and propped a silent question, to which Hunk wordlessly answered.
Lance brought his face closer to Hunk’s and well… let’s just say sparks flew between them.
Hey! First of all, I love your blog 💖 and are you still doing blitzstone hc? Could I ask for some wedding cerimony headcanons? Or just cute hc in general! Thanks so much 💖
Sorry this took so long, I had a lot to say! I loved writing these!! To anyone else who may have sent me requests, they’re coming
- it’s a few years after preventing Ragnarok for the last time
-hearth & blitz are around 24 maybe?
-they’ve been dating ever since a little before the last possible-Ragnarok when they ended up having a pre-battle, heat-of-the-moment, I-don’t-want-to-lose-you-without-telling-you-how-I-feel Kiss
-but anyway, Blitzen’s best is thriving & Hearth’s magic is way better than it used to be & everything is good and pure
- Blitz proposes like this: on the anniversary of the day Blitz found Hearth in Nidavellir, they go out for dinner in a fancy restaurant, and then (after sundown) take a walk in a park they used to stay in while they were homeless.
-They end up at a quiet fountain w/ no one else around. The street lamps shine off the water & in Hearth’s eyes. It’s dark enough to be romantic & secluded but bright enough to sign easily.
-Taking a deep breath, Blitz gives a little speech (signing & speaking) about how much Hearth means to him & how he’s his everything. This information is nothing new, but Hearth is still completely in awe.
- By now he has the suspicion Blitz is planning something big, but he’s still completely overwhelmed when the tiny dwarf actually gets down on one knee. He doesn’t pull the ring out right away, bc he has to ask Hearth, will you marry me?
- And of course the answer is obvious, they’ve been living together for years now, they’re absolutely a package deal & there’s no way Hearth’s gonna say no. So he just nods and signs Yes really excitedly & pulls Blitzen up to kiss him & then Blitz pulls the ring box out of his jacket pocket and opens it.
- It’s silver & simple & elegant & it has perthro engraved on the band. Both their hands are shaking when Blitz slides it onto Hearth’s ring finger. They kiss again, laughing bc everything is falling perfectly into place. This is their dream come true.
- they get Blitz a ring too. It’s gold & has a wider band than Hearth’s with the same engraving of their family’s symbol
- they invite Magnus, Samirah, & Alex (who has become a part of their family too) over to tell them & the kids are beyond excited for their dads
- so for the actual ceremony, it’s pretty small- just the family, the Floor 19 Crew, Inge, and Freya (Blitz didn’t want to invite her, but Hearth convinced him. She’s your mother, Blitz. And she’s the goddess of love- it’s not like she doesn’t know we’re getting married! If we don’t invite her, we’ll never hear the end of it.)
- Halfborn performs the ceremony, bc he has definitely been ordained at some point in his 1200 year stay at Valhalla
- Magnus is their best man, Samirah is the maid of honor
-Alex is the ring bearer
- Blitz designed everyone’s outfits, obviously. He’s still salty about not designing the outfits for the fake wedding with Thrym tbh. He can’t say it, but he def wants to show up Sif
- and he does! Hearth wears a white suit + his scarf bc it’s 100% necessary. Blitz insisted he not wear black for once. Blitz’ pants & suit jacket are black but his vest is red to match the scarf. He’s wearing a bow tie too
- Magnus’ tux is gray w/ a white vest. His hair is grown back by now so it’s braided on one side to keep it out of his face during the ceremony
- Samirah’s dress is green again with silver lace & her hijab has silver threads in it for accent
- Amir’s tux is deep purple & he’s perfect and beautiful
- Alex is female & her dress is a very pale pink & her makeup is green. The dress stops around knee-length & is very twirlable. Magnus is dying
- jack is here & he insisted upon having a bow tie tied around his hilt
- Blitzen threatened to throw a fit if Halfborn showed up half-dressed like always, so the beserker relented. His suit is dark brown & his beard is braided neatly
- Mallory’s dress is a lighter green than Sam’s and is sleeveless. Her crazy hair is tamed a bit & falls around her shoulders. Halfborn has to concentrate very hard on the task at hand
- TJ refused to wear anything besides his union jacket but he let Blitz fix it up a bit.
- Freya is literally gorgeous, as always. She’s wearing about forty pounds of jewelry & Blitz wonders which piece was responsible for his life until Hearth takes his hand and smiles at him
- Inge is a free hulder now & is pretty close w/ hearth & blitz. Her dress is light blue & her hair is in very elaborate braids. Blitz asked whether she wanted a hole for her tail in the dress & she decided yes. She wears her tail proudly nowadays & is very active among the movement to free the huldrefolk
- also I don’t think anyone invited him but oh look, there’s Odin! The weirdo shows up about two minutes before the ceremony starts and is like “how could I miss the wedding day of my greatest pupil??” And hearth is so green
- tbh I bet Thor & Sif show up too & by this point it’s like…. Any other gods planning on showing up last minute or can we get married already? This is the exact moment when their former boss the severed head appears right in the middle of the aisle & Amir nearly faints
- when Thor shows up Hearth is definitely like who the fuck invited him, that giant dumbass is going to ruin our wedding!! Thor’s just kind of like “Wow my good friend the elf is so happy to see me!!”
- there’s also a suspicious bird at the window… Utgard-Loki…. Is that you, you sneaky fuck
- Marvin & Otis are sitting in the very back of the room with the very strict instructions not to eat any furniture. Otis starts crying in the middle of the vows & chews off an armrest anyway
- after all mystery guests arrive, they can finally start.
- Blitz’ vows start out with him talking about finding hearth in Nidavellir & how important and life-changing their friendship was immediately. He tells hearth who absolutely incredible he is & how honored blitz is to be marrying him.
- hearth’s vows describe how he’d always thought he’d be an empty cup for his whole life, but he never knew that from the moment blitz found him he was being filled more & more everyday bc of their friendship, and how blitz was the first person hearth ever trusted and he can’t believe he’s lucky enough to have him for their whole lives
- they exchange rings & they’re both near tears
- Halfborn says “by the power vested in me by the world of Valhalla, I now pronounce you dwarf & elf. You may kiss the groom” and blitz grabs hearth’s scarf and yanks him down for the kiss & everything’s beautiful
- Magnus definitely cries. The kid’s dads are getting married, give him some slack
- Alex teases him, but her eyes were a little misty for a while there too
- they don’t really have a reception, but the very extended family (so basically the empty cups + floor 19, Amir, & Inge) go back to blitz & hearth’s apartment to celebrate
- blitz bridal-carries hearth over the threshold & it is the cutest thing ever
- one of the boys probably had a bouquet to throw. Sam catches it & she and Amir don’t stop blushing all night
- big tearful family hugs. Blitz, hearth, Sam, Magnus, & Alex having a giant family group hug while the kids are so happy for their parents
- Alex teases Samir & Gunderkeen about when they’re gonna tie the knot. Mallory & Samirah retaliate by bringing up Magnus & making Alex blush a lot
- Inge dancing with hearth & telling him how happy she is for him. She just loves him so much wow. I like to think by this point although she obviously still loves him, she’s gotten over him mostly & maybe has a cute elf gf that’s also active in the free-the-huldre scene.
- Inge dancing w/ blitz afterwards & giving him a stern “don’t you dare hurt that boy” speech but obviously he’s not gonna & they’ve all been friends now for years so by the end they’re just laughing
- blitz & hearth having the first dance as a married couple & just swaying and holding onto each other and at the end they kiss & it’s really slow and sweet and beautiful and I’m dead
This was. Really freaking long, hope you enjoy, xoxo your Local Blitzstone Dealer™
Actually, I’m at school and just saw my adorable philosophy professor walk by. He never wears the same bow tie twice. Those ties make me smile. I can’t believe I’m almost finished here. I’m going to miss this place!