Here are one hundred adventure seeds you can use to
generate ideas for your adventures and campaigns.
A ancient and evil balor sorcerer imprisons old friends of the
player characters, holding them hostage in return for a
A band of several death slaadi rogues and sorcerers
begins to waylay all planar travelers who chance
through their recently claimed turf on the Astral Plane.
A ranger hero recognized around the world begins to
organize a group of explorers for reasons unknown…
A bardic college develops a style of music that charms
and dominates any that listen to it too long.
A beholder cluster, made up of many beholders driven mad, begins to war with lesser beholder communities,
apparently all seeking a beholder artifact.
A prominent deity grows sick and will die if the cause of
its divine ill is not discovered.
A beloved prophecy long accepted as true fails to
occur because of the characters’ meddling, and the
world turns against them…
A blinding, yellow haze seeps down from the sky,
covering the world…
A celestial tree hundreds of miles long reaches its
roots down and begins to grow on the world’s
surface. Creatures from other worlds live in the
heights of the tree.
A child is born who prophecy indicates will one day
ascend to godhood.
A black disease blights the forest, killing all vegetation
as it continues to expand without limit at an ever-accelerating
A clan of psionic militants breaks away from the
kingdom — literally. A huge chunk of land hundreds of
acres wide floats up and away (taking with it many
terrified non-psionic people).
A conjunction of parallel planes somehow energizes a
lowly peasant to the power of a greater deity — but only
until the conjunction ends.
A cross-time catastrophe has cut off the Material Plane
from all others.
A dragon kills the ruler of the largest nation and takes
over, calling itself the Dragon King.
A flaw in a true resurrection spell leaves one player character
undead by night and alive by day.
A floating city arrives from across the sea, apparently
fleeing the depredations of the Warlord, a barbarian of an epic caliber.
A flock of angelic avengers and celestials is ravaging across the continent.
A meeting is called by a storm giant blackguard.
Powerful giants from around the world (and
other worlds) begin to congregate. Though no one knows the meaning of this calling…
A glorious gemstone in which the first light of creation
still lingers is purportedly languishing in an ancient,
A great chase ensues through endless parallel dimensions
as wizard researchers follow the faint trail of the
long-vanished elder elves.
A group of gargoyle paragons claims the Cathedral of
Pelor as its own new home.
A hero of renown (a quasi-deity, really) is to be wed to
an elven prince, but the prince’s royal family claims the
prince is under a spell.
A hole is gouged in the veil separating life and death.
As the tide of life pours out into the void, all creatures
everywhere begin to die as they accumulate negative
levels. The hole must be mended.
A red dragon and two of its siblings emerge from a
red-lit cavern in the earth.
A lesser deity declares the PCs as its mortal enemies,
enjoining all its worshipers and allies to find and slay
A longstanding illusion is pierced, revealing that the
king is nowhere to be found, and that all dictates of
the kingdom have been actually flowing from the
A new deity decides to leave the Outer Planes to set up
its palace on the face of the Material Plane. Once it
arrives, it demands worshipers and servitors.
A mad chronomancer with a mastery of time, has determined how to destroy the past (and
therefore the present). Unless it can be stopped, time
itself will unravel.
A planar conjunction will soon come to pass, allowing
the legions of hell (or worse) direct access to a
selected part of the Material Plane for 24 hours. It
can’t be stopped, but some famous characters may attempt to
defend key cities or strongholds from the onslaught.
A player character’s heart is stolen and replaced with a
magical gem or a strange alchemical creation. Who
knows how long the replacement will last?
A powerful wizards’ guild enters all-out war with the
dominant religious order of the world.
A quasi-deity wants an escort as it ventures into the
Abyss to release a companion quasi-deity from bondage.
A rogue moon threatens to crash down upon the
world, ending all life.
A sentient spell-virus is raging out of control among
spellcasters. All who fall victim to it become part of one
unified mind controlled by a malign intelligence.
A species of “fish” introduced from another plane has
provided good eating and relief from famine over the
last year. Now, thousands (possibly millions?) of the fish-like
creatures begin a sudden growth spurt, transforming en
masse into terribly powerful and bloodthirsty predators.
A splinter community of humans evolves into a
sub-race sporting strange and variant powers.
A syndicate of assassins dramatically expands its
membership by introducing a mind-control potion
into a city’s water supply.
A team of nightmares draws a chariot driven by a
powerful fighter into the city.
A titan seeks those brave enough to release it from its
age-long bondage; its rescuers may face the wrath of
A vampire scion from another plane begins to conquer
world after world with the help of a reforged artifact of
legend, Midnight’s Heart.
A volcano erupts. In the aftermath, a portal to the City
of Brass on the Elemental Plane of Fire remains open
A well-known wizards’ guild’s magical dumping ground
of failed experiments and stale spell components
A wizard attempting to summon a powerful devil slips
up and somehow summons an abomination instead:
an infernal lord of the hells.
A wizard claims to have developed an epic spell ritual
that, if cast, will slay a deity.
All magic items crafted from a particular city begin to
bestow negative effects on their owners with each use.
All who fall asleep on a selected world cannot be awakened
and eventually die in their sleep. Exhaustion is beginning to take a hold on even the greatest heroes of its realm…
An adventuring party stumbles upon the tomb prison
of an long dead half-god and releases it.
An anti-magic plague is released by an unknown agency,
causing sickness and eventually death to any who
prepare or cast arcane spells.
An artifact belonging to one of the characters must be
destroyed, lest some great catastrophe, which has
secretly been gathering, come to pass.
An artifact capable of forever dominating all red dragons everywhere
An enclave of gnomes customizes an iron colossus
into a walking war platform.
A group of NPCs known for good deeds suddenly
embarks on a death spree, murdering merchants and
A group of NPCs decides to destroy the PC adventurers,
for reasons that are initially obscure.
A sentient, free roaming, self-casting disintegrate spell
breaks loose from a wizard’s laboratory.
A legendary paladin leads a crusade to hell.
An inter-dimensional caravan must float on the River
Styx through the dangers of several lower planes.
Spirits begin to manifest from machines as complicated
as simple steam-powered wheels — is it a warning
from the gods of the forge to desist?
Angry druids raise the beasts, animals, and dire
animals of the wild, intent on beginning a new world
order in which nature comes first.
As the world ages, frequent earthquakes threaten to
plunge the major nations under the sea.
Blue-skinned merchants begin to sell enormously popular
items composed of dreamstuff — “mined from the
very dreams of a deity,” claim the merchants.
Deeper than the Underdark, the world is discovered
to be hollow. Hanging in that vast opening is an
unknown, uncharted inner world of strangeness.
Dwarf miners follow a vein of adamantine to a hinged
valve sealed with divine magic of an age older than any
of the current deities.
A group of seemingly amateur rogues steal the magical scepter of the
Evil opportunists slay the Guardian of the Flame of
Destiny, hoping to remold the Law of Reality to their
Ghosts of every sort begin to rise again, and they won’t
recognize their own undead state.
Mind flayers successfully gain control of a surface
nation, plunging the region into permanent darkness.
Jade pyramids of prodigious size rise from the earth.
Sounds unlike any heard before echo faintly from
within their stony cores.
Construct-like creatures of insane complexity called
“machines” move across the land, preparing the way
for a larger invasion of automated entities.
Magic begins to fail, supposedly because it is being
“used up” faster than it naturally regenerates.
Mercenary half-dragons who ride chromatic dragons as
steeds sell their swords (and spells) to an evil empire.
Newborns begin to be born without souls.
Off-plane raiders begin to steal people away for use as
slaves and food.
Once every ten years a small cave provides access into
a magical, underground world where all living beings
give off colorful light, ruled by mysterious fey lords
with mysterious agendas.
One of the player characters learns about his or her
real mother or father — in fact, that parent was a
demon, and that demon has come calling.
Planetars and solars bring heaven’s war to the Material
Plane, slaying any and all they deem evil or immoral.
Chromatic dragons decide that their “species” is the
only true draconic race, and they begin a campaign of
genocide against all other dragon types.
Several well-known cities and all their inhabitants
suddenly disappear without a trace. More could follow…
Someone is breaking the Seven Seals that maintain the
integrity of the multiverse…
The ancient Great Library has secret vaults where the
Words Once Spoken are supposedly inscribed in the
Book of Sleep. To speak them again would remake the
The Clock that Rules the Universe is under attack by
insane gnome alchemists, who are raiding it for parts.
The End Times threaten to begin.
The gods of Law put all humanoid races on trial for
The Lord High Priest of Pelor denounces her deity and
The most feared and reviled weapon of legend, an artifact
sword that drains life energy with a touch, is lost
by its owner.
The Mother of Spiders emerges from her Cocoon of a Million Years
to find a mate for her next spawning.
A vast necropolis undergoes a mystical transformation.
Now, each coffin, sarcophagus, and mausoleum leads
to separate cemetery dimensions and realms of death.
The PCs’ stronghold mysteriously gains new extra-dimensional
halls and rooms of unknown origin,
content, and extent.
The populace decides that they want one of the PCs as
their new ruler, which doesn’t please the current ruler.
The secret texts of a prominent religion, recently
discovered, call into question the church’s real goal, its
actual origin, and the agenda of its god.
The souls of a good queen and her family are drawn
into the Abyss by an unknown demonic agency.
The spirits of the dead begin to possess the bodies of
the living at an ever-accelerating rate.
The sun is infested with moon-sized parasites, and
may soon fail like so many other stars have fallen to
this celestial infestation.
The winter, which was overly cold, lasts too long — the goddess of winter, Auril, is suspected to be the cause…
The woods begin to grow without bound, invading
field, plain, and city.
The yuan-ti attempt to awaken the Slumbering Serpent,
a little-known abomination born of their own race and
a god of serpents.
Twenty percent of all astral travelers begin to disappear
in mid-trip. Mid-travel diversion spells are suspected.
Two parallel planes move too close to each other, and
denizens and objects of one constantly slip onto the
other, and vice versa.
Unless stopped, an ancient demi-lich will inject itself
onto the Negative Energy Plane, where it can possess
any undead anywhere in the multiverse.
When a friend or a respected associate is resurrected,
the soul returned to the body has different memories
from the original. Whence does this soul come?
This entire existence is made of magic. There’s endless wonder and beauty within every sunrise, tree, dragonfly, storm, dream and waterfall. When you look up at the moon, you’re looking up at the same moon that every soul has ever looked at. Somehow, for some reason, you are here, able to experience all the light. We are all a part of this incomprehensible process that has been going on since the beginning of time. The universe has secrets that we cannot fully comprehend. But when I look at the moon setting the sky aglow night after night, all the while causing the rise and fall of the tides and making life on Earth possible, I am reminded of the unexplainable intelligence and meaning embedded in nature. Never stop dwelling in the mysteries.
miscellaneous tips for your first year of college/university:
- try as much as possible to avoid 8 am classes. you could do it in high school, but trust me when I say you don’t want them in college. (but also realize that sometimes you have to take them if you want to graduate on time, especially if the classes are only offered during a certain time.)
- go to office hours. go to office hours. for the love of god, go to office hours. you want to be on good terms with the professors, especially those in your major department because chances are you’ll be in their class more than once and you’ll need a letter of rec from them.
- but if you’re trying to raise your grade, kiss up to the TA (teacher’s assistant). they’re the ones that are in charge of your grade, not the professor. they know you better because of the smaller class sizes and they’ll know how much work you’re really putting into the class.
- it’s quite possible the pull off writing a 5-7 page paper the night before it’s due and still get a good grade on it if you know the material well.
- address emails to the professor with “Hello Professor, …”, include the class you’re in, and conclude with your name and student ID number. be professional and keep in mind that the professor lectures to hundreds of students.
- bring a cold bottle of water to morning lectures and drink from it if you feel like falling asleep. the cold will keep you up (and it’s healthier and cheaper than coffee).
- library floors get quieter the higher you move up.
- if you want to take adderall, don’t start with a large dose. start with 10mg, see how you handle it, and go from there. adderall can be dangerous if you OD. some side effects of adderall include trouble falling asleep and loss of appetite.
- it’s in your best interests not to plagiarize. properly cite all the sources you use. maybe you got away with it in high school, but that shit won’t fly in college.
- study groups are only helpful and beneficial to you if everyone in that group has something to contribute.
- self control, momentum, and evernote are great productivity apps for your mac.
- tide pods for laundry is so much easier than lugging down a bottle of detergent and a separate bottle of softener and then having to measure them out.
- if you’ve already washed your colored clothes at least once, you don’t need to separate lights from darks. just remember to use cold water. (I myself am a lazy fuck and I don’t sort my laundry at all. my clothes are fine.)
- ask your RA to get a clock radio for the bathroom (if it’s communal) so music can drown out the sound of the person taking a shit in the stall next to you.
- don’t be afraid to speak up if your roommate does something that is annoying you. approach them in a friendly way (chances are, they didn’t even notice it was bothering you) so that they’ll give you the same courtesy. communication is key.
- you don’t have to be friends with your roommate. you just have to live with them. don’t try and force a friendship if it clearly isn’t working.
- don’t be that asshole that hits their snooze button 10 times so their alarm goes off repeatedly.
- instant noodles = life.
- bring tupperware and hide it in your backpack so you can sneak food out of the dining commons.
- don’t go to parties if you don’t like them.
- don’t drink any hard liquor that comes from a plastic handle.
- you should not be with friends that try to convince you to violate your morals.
- conversely, you should also not be with friends that judge you if you don’t share their morals.
- always. use. the. buddy. system.
- if someone passes out/falls asleep, lay them on their side, not their back. that way, if they throw up, they won’t choke.
- if you get to the point where you need an ambulance because of all of the drugs/alcohol you ingested, tell the medic the truth about the substances you took. they’re not interested in putting you in jail; they’re just trying to save your fucking life. (I can personally attest to this.)
- make sure the change your privacy settings on facebook if you don’t want your family seeing pictures of you with alcohol in the background, dressed promiscuously, etc. some friends don’t ask before putting up/tagging you in pictures.
- to someone that has never had sex, it seems like everyone is having sex all the time and that’s all that matters, but trust me when I say that’s the furthest thing from the truth. don’t let the pressure get to you.
- use condoms even if you’re on birth control to protect from STDs.
- try to take a sex ed/human sexuality class. (the one I took was offered through the sociology department.) in universities as opposed to high school, the sex ed is more comprehensive, usually covers queer relationships (mine did), and does not teach from an abstinence-only POV. they’re very helpful even for those who have had a lot of experience.
- don’t expect people you hook up with at parties to be anything more than that - hookups.
- abstaining from sex doesn’t make you any better than someone who fucks a new person every weekend and being sexually active doesn’t make you “cooler” and someone who has never had sex. remember that.
- don’t use flavored condoms for penetrative sex; you could get a yeast infection. flavored condoms are meant for oral sex only.
- speaking of condoms, it’s really easy to get them for free. student health hands them
out like candy the first couple weeks of school.
- get tested first if you and your partner want to have unprotected sex. seriously.
free free to message me any more questions you might have about college/uni. I’d be happy to help/share from my personal experience or elaborate on anything I’ve said here. reblog and add more tips if you have them; I’m sure i haven’t thought of everything. have a great upcoming school year, freshmen!
Imagine all the people you meet in your life. There are so many. They come in like waves, trickling in and out with the tide. Some waves are much bigger and make more of an impact than others. Sometimes the waves bring with them things from deep in the bottom of the sea and they leave those things tossed onto the shore. Imprints against the grains of sand that prove the waves had once been there, long after the tide recedes. That was what Atlas was telling me when he said ‘I love you.’ He was letting me know that I was the biggest wave he’d ever come across. And I brought so much with me that my impressions would always be there, even when the tide rolled out.