I’m at a loss for words attempting to describe what I experienced while reading Unadulterated Something. I struggle to even write this description…or what ever this is right here and now, darnit!
Okay. Scrap trying to reinterpret what I felt over the 9 uninterrupted hours it took me to complete US - there is only one thing I am now sure of and that is the amount of appreciation and respect I have gained for the author; Miss Jessica.
For those of you who have been fortunate enough to indulge in this beautiful Wicked/Gelphie fic, do join me in my unheard applause & copious thanks for it’s existence! For those of you who have not yet, please…please take the time to do delve into US, I assure there will be not a single regret.
I’m giving myself until the end of my holiday break (about Jan. 5th) as a deadline.
If I do not write an epilogue, I am going to re-write the last chapter to tie up any loose ends and effectively end the story where it is.
In all honesty, that is probably what’s going to happen.
I don’t want to leave the story eternally “unfinished” but I don’t have much time, energy or ambition for fanfic at the moment. It used to be my escape. But my life has changed so much that now it’s more like a chore that keeps me from doing the things I actually want to do. It has too many associations with a past I don’t want to hold onto.
Don’t get me wrong; I’m still going to read and beta fic. But once I get US tied up, that might be it for me as far as writing.
2. Would you ever get a piercing or tattoo? Or do you have any? I have a tattoo, and I’d like to get another one sometime!
3. The furthest you have travelled away from home? Japan!
4. Memorable theatre-going experience? Wicked NL every time I’ve seen Willemijn (HOW FUN!, posh English accent used for greeting us, signing things and sticking her head in giftbags), the VIP thing after her solo concert where we waited in the “queue” for like an hour and she kept looking at us like :), also Wicked London cast change last year
5. Favourite band/singer? WILLEMIJN, also Exist Trace, Takahashi Ai etc
6. Least favourite character of your favourite musical? The Wizard
7. Favourite movie? Ummmmmmm that’s a hard question. I like The Hunger Games, Sucker Punch, etc?
8. The longest you’ve stayed awake? 48 hours when Sam and I went to Japan! Woke up at like 6am to get to the airport in London, waited for a few hours, got on a plane for 11.5 hours and everything after that is a blur lolol
9. Been to any concerts? An Cafe, Momoi Halko, Hangry&Angry, Unicorn Table, Louise Dearman, Willemijn Verkaik (<333)
10. Favourite fanfiction writer/book author? Favourite authors are Gregory Maguire, J R R Tolkien, J.K Rowling. Favourite fanfiction writers are Jenn, Throppsicle and Maeline.