If you are interested in competing for the title of Tumblr’s Next Drag Superstar, it’s your time to audition for your lives! Tumblr’s Drag Race is an online drag competition consisting of between twelve and fifteen competitors. Each week, the queens will compete in a Mini Challenge and a Main Challenge in a format similar to RuPaul’s Drag Race. One by one, queens will be eliminated from the competition until the final three are standing and a winner is chosen. Our goal is to give amateur drag queens a platform to practice their art, get exposure, receive constructive criticism from a panel of judges, and most importantly, have fun! This competition requires contestants to get into full drag at least once per week, sometimes more! Rules and regulations regarding contestant’s commitments can be found on the “Rules and Regulations” post on this blog. Your commitment is important, because winning surely does have its benefits. If you think you’re ready to snatch the crown, show us what you’ve got!
Audition Guidelines and Requirements:
o No professional drag queens (meaning consistently receiving regular, paid bookings for over a year)
o You must be at least 13 years of age (in compliance with the rules of Tumblr)
o This competition is open to all drag queens. Regardless of if you are an AFAB queen, camp queen, glamour queen, or an alien mannequin brought to life to destroy Christmas for everyone in the UK, all are welcome to show the judges what you’ve got!
In your audition, you will be required to:
1. State both your regular name and your drag name
2. State your current Tumblr URL
3. State your current age
4. Tell us where you live
5. Describe your personality with three interesting facts about yourself
6. Define your drag style in three words
7. Tell us what you hope to gain from TDR
8. Tell us why you should be chosen
9. Tell us what it would mean for you to win Tumblr’s Drag Race
~ Audition Requirements 1 through 9 should be cumulatively no longer than FOUR minutes. ~
10. Include a full, single-shot lipsync performance to a song of your choice
11. Include a 15 second runway walk
12. Show off your acting ability in 4-5 lines or from your favorite short monologue (think “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia” from “Designing Women”). Make it funny, serious, sad, whatever! Show us your acting chops!
13. Submit a face photo and full head-to-toe body photo to the blog alongside your audition tape. These photos will be used for the banner and cast photos if you are chosen. Upload these photos to a private album on Imgur.
Once you have finished making your video, you need to upload your audition to your personal YouTube account. In the privacy settings on your video, please make sure that the video is marked Unlisted. This ensures that nobody can see your audition tape unless a link is provided to them. Submit your YouTube and Imgur links to the Cycle 10 blog.
13. IN A SEPARATE VIDEO, tape yourself walking into the TDR “Workroom” (á la RuPaul’s Drag Race Episode 1). Pose, say your tagline, scream, whatever! Just like the show, you can voice over your entrance saying who you are, where you’re from, what your aesthetic is, etc.
Example: *Jasmine Masters walks into work room* I’M HERE! WE MADE IT BITCHES! *voiceover* My name is Jasmine Masters and I am 37 years old. DING! Jasmine is *forty snaps* it!
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR TDR WORKROOM ENTRANCE TO email@example.com
14. IN ANOTHER SEPARATE VIDEO, film yourself answering the following Meet The Queens questions:
How did you come up with your drag name?
What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic?
Who are your drag inspirations?
If you could identify with any one fashion collection from any designer and any year which one would it be?
If you could be any animal which one would you prefer to be and why?
Whats your favourite colour?
How long have you been doing drag?
Do you have any hidden talents?
What are your short term and long term goals in drag?
What was your favorite challenge from a past cycle of TDR?
What sort of challenges are you excited for? Which are you nervous for?
What do you have that the other girls won’t?
If you could combine three people together to make up your drag character, who would they be?
A catchy tag line.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR MEET THE QUEENS VIDEO TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, please do not upload your audition video to your own blog. We want it to be a surprise to the Tumblr’s Drag Race community and don’t want it to be leaked early. Don’t spill the tea early, hunty!
ALL AUDITION TAPES AND PICTURES ARE DUE TO THIS BLOG (AND YOUR WORKROOM ENTRANCE DUE TO email@example.com) BY SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14 at 9:00 pm EST.
Final Audition Checklist:
~ Audition video uploaded to your personal YouTube marked as UNLISTED account sending the link to tdrcycle10.tumblr.com
~ Your TDR Workroom Entrance EMAILED to firstname.lastname@example.org
~Your Meet The Queens video EMAILED to email@example.com
~ A photo of your face and a full head-to-toe body photo uploaded on PRIVATE to Imgur, submitted alongside your audition video link to tdrcycle10.tumblr.com
Good luck, potential Cycle 10 stars, and for the first (but certainly not the last) time, DON’T FUCK IT UP!