Adulting Life Hacks (Short List)
- Buy an air mattress 12+ inches off the ground and a memory foam bed topper or two. It’ll cost hundreds less than a mattress and you’ll sleep just as good if not better.
- Wash your sheets once a week if you can. Yes, you will notice a difference.
- Never study/read/scroll through tumblr on your bed. Your brain associates activities with places. Associate your bed with sleeping.
- Grocery outlets are not below you. You can get the same produce at a steep discount, allowing those on a college sized budget to eat better.
- Invest in quality products (laptops, school supplies, clothes, ect) but don’t be outlandish. A laptop that will last you through a doctoral degree is one thing and a $200 pair of jeans is another.
- Never go to sleep with makeup on if you can help it.
- Cleanse, exfoliate, tone, THEN moisturize.
- Tea tree oil shampoos twice a week will heavily combat dandruff and scalp flakes.
- Invest in a pair of good sneakers and hiking shoes. Look for pairs at thrift stores and outlets. (I got a pair of leather Timberland boots for $20).
- Always carry an umbrella, a lip balm or chapstick, change, and a snack.
- Therapy does not mean you are weak or need help. Sometimes talking things out can let your brain focus on more important things.
Stay positive my darlings.