RFA Members + Birthdays Headcanons
bc it’s ya boi Jumin’s birthday today !! Will be reblogging this on each member’s birthday because I have nothing better to do with my time lmao
- Probably the type of guy to plan his own birthday party. He wants it to be done right, after all
- That being said, he doesn’t want it to be huge: just the RFA members (Jumin included!! wow!!), and a few cast and crew he’s close with
- He likes going to a restaurant on his birthday–nothing too fancy. He keeps it simple. He rents out the back room for the night (always making sure the restaurant he chooses has one) because this is one night he doesn’t want his fans to photo-op.
- Usually forgets to get himself a cake, so you always end up buying one of those nice three-tier cakes. Every year, he tells you that you don’t have to do that, that he doesn’t need a cake, and that you always end up with leftovers for the next month, but you can see it in his eyes that he loves the fact that you remembered to get one even when he didn’t.
- (”Jeez, this one’s huge! We’re going to have so much leftover!” “Are you really complaining about extra cake?”)
- Birthday sex lmao of course
- Has been very good about not smoking, but allows himself a cigarette on special occasions. This is one of those occasions.
- You complain as he stands by the window, dressed only in boxer briefs, saying that he’s letting the cold air in. (”Guess I’ll have to get back in there and warm you up, huh?” he teases)
- Your present to him is always something handmade. For whatever reason, he loves your crappy DIY craft projects, because it shows that you put the effort in.
- The kind of person that talks about his birthday weeks in advance. It could be a month away, and he’s asking about what you got him.
- In some ways, you can’t help but think his giddy and excitement towards his birthday, a year most adults dread, is both adorable and endearing. However, when you’re actually trying to get him his present and hide it from him, it gets frustrating.
- Invites the RFA members for a small get together at your apartment, and then has a separate lunch with his parents.
- Because Zen always brings beer to Yoosung’s party
- And Yoosung always gets tipsy
- And by the time everybody leaves, he’s passed out on the couch.
- You end up sleeping out there with him because you’d feel bad if you left him. He wakes up and, still a little drunk, gets a bit frisky.
- One year, you got him the thing he’s been wanting for ages: an autograph from the LOLOL programmer. Granted, it was an eBay purchase, so the authenticity was questionable, and you had to outbid about a hundred other gamers, paying a ridiculous amount, but the look on his face when you handed to him was more than you could’ve asked for.
- (”Y/N… how did you… this is…” “There’s no guarantee that it’s completely real; I won the bid for it on eBay, but people seemed to be clawing over each other to get it, so I have a good feeling.” He darts over to you to give you a back-breaking hug, and you let out a little squeak of surprise. “Thank you… so much!” he shouts, grinning wildly.)
- You plan her a surprise party, because she’s the type that thinks celebrating is pointless. Too busy to have a party, even one with just the RFA members? Please.
- You decide that rather than having a standard party, you’d invite the RFA members to have brunch at her favorite little coffee shop just around the block. It’s nothing fancy and out of proportion, and you’re correct when you find out that she loves it.
- You do all kinds of cutesy things that day: a walk in the park, going around to different dessert vendors, window-shopping for cute outfits, etc.
- At the end of the day, the two of you head back home, only for “phase-two” of your surprise party plans to go into action: the day spent together is somewhat of a ploy, as the rest of the members were busy decorating your apartment
- You can see that she’s a little irked about the mess that they’ve made, but that feeling passes quickly as she realizes the effort put into just making her day special
- There are drinks and a homemade cake that go around, and at around eleven PM, she finally kicks everyone out
- (”Thank you all so much for today. Really, it was lovely.” “Then can’t we have a sleepover?” “Saeyoung, I don’t trust you in my apartment at night.”)
- She’s blunt, but the members understand and take it lightly
- You spend the night cuddling on the couch binging movies until she realizes that she has work the next morning. You convince her to take a sick day.
- Day starts off with a b i r t h d a y b l o w j o b
- Like Jaehee, has little regard for his birthday, and sees no point in really celebrating, but you insist.
- He ends up just making reservations for the two of you at a high-class restaurant, and when you protest, saying that you had things planned, he reminds you that it’s his birthday, and he just wants to spend it with you
- You stop complaining
- He works the entire day, but you take the day off and keep him company
- o f f i c e s e x
- You help him out with his work, and while ideally it isn’t how you would have wanted him to have spent his birthday, he seems content enough, so you won’t fuss about it.
- When you finally get to the restaurant, you see that he had requested a table secluded from the rest of the restaurant. He really meant it when he said he just wanted to spend time with you. That’s all he really ever wants due to his busy schedule and frequent trips away.
- Your most notable present to him was another cat (even though, when he had arranged to get one himself, you had talked him out of it, because one was enough.) He’d never admit it outright, but he was beyond ecstatic.
- (”I took the liberty of naming her. I think it might be fitting, since she’ll be living with Elizabeth.” “Oh, did you now? Enlighten me, what did you name her.” “Victoria,” you answer with a grin. “So they can both live like queens.”)
- After dinner, when you arrive back at his apartment, things quickly spiral back into how the day started: in bed
- But it’s slow and sweet, and rather than usual when he’s calling the shots, you remind him that it is his birthday, and that it’s about him for the night.
Saeyoung (+ a lil Saeran)
- This guy completely forgets about his birthday. And so does his brother. When you wake him up, grinning from ear to ear, he just looks at you, confused, until you tell him. Then, he laughs, because he genuinely did forget about it.
- When you tell Saeran, “Happy birthday,” he looks at you blankly before muttering an, “Ah, right,” in response.
- It’s okay, though, because you had a feeling this would be the case. You have everything planned out.
- Similar to Jaehee, you make the boys go out with you for the afternoon while the rest of the members decorate the bunker-esque house. They couldn’t get through the gate, and your cover was almost blown as you walked them through the answer over the phone.
- You treat them to lunch (even though Saeyoung vehemently tries to refuse) and they are both completely taken by surprise when they return home. To them, birthdays had always been just another day. They never had parties as kids, and never really gave much thought as adults (especially since Saeran never even got the chance to take it into consideration). Saeyoung is floored by the love he’s surrounded by, and Saeran, though first uncomfortable with the festivities, eventually begins to enjoy his party.
- Food courtesy of Yoosung, drinks from Jumin, and Zen brings a karaoke machine. Everyone has the best time making absolute fools out of themselves, belting pop songs to movie soundtracks.
- That night, after everyone has left, and Saeran has gone to bed, Saeyoung holds you close to him and thanks you profusely for the best birthday he could have asked for. The sincerity and true happiness in his voice is enough to let you know what you mean to him.