WONDER WOMAN SAVED MY ENTIRE LIFE??
WOW I CANT BELEIVE I BROKE MY HIATUS FOR THIS BUT ITS IM P O R T A N T
WONDER WOMAN WAS SO GOOD. SO GOOD. (a lil cliche at the end, admittedly, but SO. GOOD.) ok lemme just
- The little things. In the flashback to Ares corrupting man or whatever, it wasn’t just men fighting, it was also women.
- NO SEXY SHOTS, NO GLORIFIED POSES, NO STUPID ARMOR THAT COVERED NOTHING. EVERYTHING WAS PRACTICAL AND BEAUTIFUL. THEY DIDNT HAVE FULL SKIRTS, SOME OF THEM EVEN WORE LEGGINGS, EVERYTHING WAS FULLY COVERED.
- when diana landed at the very end and her thighs jiggled like a real fucking person i damn near started crying im. wow
- THERE WERE SO MANY DIVERSE WOMEN ON THEMISCRYA! All sizes, colors, builds, it was so nice so so so nice
- those entire scenes when steve gets out of the bath and also on the boat
- uh side note “she came to the conclusion that men were necessary for procreation, but not for pleasure”
- “I’m a bit…above average”
- “where i come from, we call that slavery” “i like her” in short etta candy is?? a blessing?? i wish she could have had a bigger role than just pointing a sword at that one guy trailing them. obviously that was incredible but i wanted etta fucking up some shit
- that plot twist with ares was pretty good, although i was half laughing bc the actor who played him was remus lupin and why would the god of war be a skinny white dude with a curly mustache i just. i cant
- this may seem like a really small deal for anyone else but in the train scene when they’re at the station and other scenes as well there were Indian soldiers and a lot of people forget thousands of Indians were drafted and forced to fight as they were under british imperial rule at the time and you know what? when you’re so overlooked all of the fucking time? Even saying two or three faces in the crowd is fucking amazing? Because someone remembered you existed?
- out of that team of 5 2 were POC and hey. its not perfect but. its definitely. good™
- Chief was portrayed so well?? no Native American stereotypes that I could catch (then again, I’m not familiar with any and wasn’t actively looking out for them, please correct me if I’m wrong) but he actually USED his knowledge and culture?? so good??? Also at least one sentence about how white men ruined Native Americans to a horrific extent. I would’ve preferred a conversation, but def better than nothing
- I love how they addressed the “how come she speaks english”, because it wasn’t just some offhand “I speak thousands of languages, no biggie”, but it was pretty damn vital to the plot
- It got really in touch with humanity as a whole and I fucking loved it. I think it’s also hella fitting for the current political climate - the whole “yes, they’re the bad guys, but it’s also partially my fault” - I can’t really phrase it, it was just - nice.
- Honestly? I REALLY liked how they used WWI instead of II. WWII is a little overdone in the superhero genre, and WWI was the biggest war the world had ever faced. It was the Great War up until the 1940s. It was an enormous humanitarian crisis (not that WWII wasn’t ofc) but its really not talked about in the movies. I think this is really the first time the world as a whole saw such international, dangerous war, and it was perfect for the reasoning and the timeline. if it had been WWII, the world would already be war-weary. This way, it’s fresh for man AND Diana.
- thank GOODNESS dc has upped their game and didn’t make the part where she was in no-man’s zone the climax and just drag it on from there (because that’s what they did with suicide squad and it was absolutely terrible). They actually had a mini climax then a rest and a buildup before the biG climax which made my plot chart loving heart happy.
- steve is a pure man who tried his best not to objectify diana and told off others who did as well and its not like diana was taking aNY of that shit and the ways he complemented her weren’t creepy or gross they were nice and genuine
- if i recall correctly, charlie really didn’t show off his sharpshooting skills that much. he had problems. he wasn’t the greatest at what he did. But then diana was like “then who would sing for us?” and i just. even if ur not great at something. even if youre plagued by nightmares and ghosts and haunting wars. you’re still wanted. you’re still valued. sorry it was SO nice
- “A BABY!!”
- NO!!!! SEXUALIZATION!!! OF!!! DIANA!!
- wonder woman saved both all of dc and my soul for superhero movies