- Many of the demonstrators gathered at Standing Rock protests are planning on taking the fight elsewhere.
- (Even though many believe the pipeline project will eventually be reinstated by Donald Trump’s administration.)
- One organizer, Honor the Earth national campaigns director Tara Houska, left for Minnesota to testify against Enbridge’s Line 3, a proposed pipeline which would cross northern Minnesota
- Houska said the project, which would cut through Anishinaabe hunting and fishing grounds, “threaten[s] the survival of our most important cultural identifier.”
- Other destinations for some of the protesters included the site of a proposed telescope in Hawaii, demonstrations in Wyoming against killings of the Yellowstone Buffalo and the Sabal Trail pipeline in Florida.
- Meanwhile, numerous members of the protest group have chosen to stay behind. Read more