Hi! I really like your Headcanons! I was wondering if you could make a head canon with RFA + Saeran trying to find a way to celebrate MC's birthday who isn't very ecstatic about it because her family couldn't afford to celebrate it? Idk it's up to you if you'd like to make it.
- He was the kid to have the most normal birthday parties out of everyone in the RFA when he was a kid.
- When he was little he’d have all of his friends over and they’d have a themed party with lots of balloons
- By the time he was in high school it was a smaller group of friends coming over to play games and have an excuse to eat cake.
- By the time he was a senior in high school, it was a group of his friends, and his family, and instead of presents, he asked for donations to be given to a charity, an idea which he and Rika had come up with together when he was volunteering with her after school
- Learning that MC wasn’t excited for their birthday was a bit confusing for him since, even though most of the other RFA members treated him like a baby, he’d always genuinely enjoyed his birthday and celebrating those of the people he was closed to and when he realized that they’d never been able to celebrate it, he was already coming up with ideas of how to give them a great birthday
- It would end up being at Seven’s bunker, simply because both Rika’s apartment and his own were too small to have the entire RFA over comfortably.
- He’d managed to pull it together enough that everyone brought MC a gift and that there was cake and snacks
honey buddha chips and PhD Pepper
- There wasn’t really a lot planned out, but MC had a lot of fun, just realizing how much effort Yoosung and the rest of the RFA had put into this for her.
- When she’d been little, she used to have good birthdays with her parents and her friends, but she definitely hadn’t done much for her birthday in the past few years
- Still, learning that MC had really never done anything for their birthday…
- She immediately set to work planning out a decent party, especially since MC was normally the one planning the RFA’s parties, it was the least they could do for her, so they quickly planned out, finding a place that would work (Seven’s Bunker) as well as a guest list, which consisted of MC’s friends, close family members, and the RFA
- She’d be the one to make the cake and other sweets and drinks for everyone
- Even if it wouldn’t be a very fancy or expensive party, they’d be surrounded by people that cared about them
- His birthdays as a kid were always a rather public and formal affair
- He was expected to be kind and polite and smile when friends and coworkers of his father greeted him and gave him gifts.
- He also never really had any friends as a kid, so most of the parties were really quite dull, more of event that his father would enjoy and he would be forced to tolerate
- The only friend he really had that would come to those parties was V and normally they’d end up sneaking away
- Jumin’s dad would likely know how boring the parties were for his son and would conveniently not notice him sneaking off
- V’s presents were probably the only ones he really looked forward to each year.
- He wanted MC to have more than that, and learning that their experience with birthdays was both a good and a bad thing to him, because at least they hadn’t had a terribly negative experience with their birthday, but also they hadn’t had any good ones either
- The party would be small, just the RFA and would be a much more comfortable event than his birthdays when he was a kid
- It wouldn’t be rigidly planned out or themed, just a group of friends getting together to celebrate MC’s birthday
- He didn’t have birthday parties as a kid much.
- His brother used to try and do things for him when they were little, but it quickly became the opinion of his parents that it was only helping to boost his ego and that he didn’t need that extra attention
- He wasn’t the best in school and his parents agreed with each other that he shouldn’t be rewarded for not trying hard enough in his classes and for his ridiculous dreams of being an actor
- After he dropped out of school and ran away from home, he didn’t really have many friends or the money to have a party, and especially with when his birthday was, most people didn’t even believe that it was his birthday in his first place, instead believing it to be just another lame April Fools Day joke
- He’d want to make sure that MC had a better experience with their birthday than him so he’d mark the date on his calendar and be sure to get it off from work to spend the day with them
- Unlike the rest of the RFA, planning a huge party for MC probably wouldn’t be his thing, especially without having had a big party of his own before or anything to base it off of
- Instead they’d just enjoy a lazy day at home, sleeping late, him making them breakfast, and watching movies all afternoon
- He’d never had a birthday party.
- Not when they were kids, living in their mother’s house and not with the agency, but he of course knew about birthday parties and learning that MC hadn’t had one either just wouldn’t do
- He’d start planning early, but, being given a lot of time to plan was never a good thing for him
- He’d think too much, come up with too many plans.
- The party would start off at his place, with a banner, balloons, gifts, and food, but that wouldn’t be the end of their birthday at all.
- Next would come the group trip to play laser tag, because that was something that kids normally did on their birthdays, right?
- After that the rest of the RFA would leave and they’d end up watching a movie, but he still wasn’t done with what he’d planned for their birthday. He had years birthdays to make up for, after all, so he took them out, away from the city to watch the stars until they were both ready to go home.
- He’d know almost nothing about birthdays or parties.
- He wasn’t even sure why the day that you were born was supposed to be something special, but he asked the members of the RFA to be sure before coming up with an idea
- He couldn’t stand the idea of a big party and MC helping him through a panic attack was about as far from the ideal birthday as you could get
- He’d instead plan something simple
- He’d want to do something small and preferably at home, so he’d make them breakfast and bring it to them in bed before they watched MC’s favorite movie
- after that he’d reluctantly agree to leave the house at which point he’d take them out for ice cream, because honestly, who doesn’t like ice cream and they both liked going out for ice cream together and they’d go to the park nearby to eat it before going back home
- it definitely wouldn’t be grand or dramatic, but it was very sweet and very Saeran and it definitely was the best birthday MC had ever had.