Alright there it goes! Day one of the kiribakuweek, I’m kinda hype to start posting these ngl haha - first set of prompts was studying/summer/anger!!! And I couldn’t pick just one prompt because I’m a mess like that
I want all young Autistic people on this site to know that they should never have to change themselves to satisfy neurotypicals.
That’s what society wants you to do. And there will be many, MANY instances where you feel obligated to do so. And maybe you will. You might stop stimming for a while because that girl gave you an irritated look, and even though you know you should stand up for yourself you feel so embarrassed and silly that you put your stim toys away.
Believe me, trying to change yourself to make neurotypicals more comfortable is a mistake. All those weird Autistic things you’re embarrassed of may become useful in the real world where clones don’t get far. Don’t look back in five years without any idea who you are because your one goal is to blend in with society.
Being Autistic is beautiful. There is NOTHING wrong with being Autistic. Please don’t change to make some neurotypical kid you won’t even remember happy.
Allistics/neurotypical allies who want to help, REBLOG THIS LIKE CRAZY so maybe an Autistic kid/youth can feel better about themselves.
Autistic people struggling with self-image or anything, feel free to message me 😘
This is the story of two internet friends. They met on a message board one night and soon became fast friends. They spoke with each other for years and years and years and one day they decided to meet up in real life. They quickly figured out a time and place to meet up in a city that was an equal distance between them. It was a public place and they were both on time but they couldn’t see the other.
So they each sent a message to the other asking where they were. Both of them were convinced the other was lying so they each took a picture of a nearby landmark and sent it. Confusion came on both their parts since they were literally standing on top of each other but they still couldn’t see the other.
They eventually figured out that they lived in parallel universes and that the internet was what connected them and allowed them to speak.
I’ve been sitting on this one for awhile, Nonny. It’s Time.
It didn’t take them long to figure out something was different about Shiro. Only long enough for them to warm up to each other.
The first time was after training. For the first time, they finally beat a higher level Gladiator, with enough skill and training that Allura had nothing serious to criticize.
Hunk whooped, punching a fist in the air and pulling off his headband to dab at the sweat on his forehead. “That’s how you do it,” he huffed out, beaming widely. Reaching out, he snagged Lance around the chest and heaved him up with one arm, both of them laughing.
“Me next!” Pidge called, more than a little mused herself. She hadn’t been kidding when she said she sweated a lot, it seemed. So Hunk grabbed her with his other arm, and spun both of them around in a gleeful circle.
Once Lance and Pidge were both set back down, pressed together and giggling, Hunk turned to Keith, arms spread wide. “Now you.”
For a moment, Keith narrowed his eyes, but then he sighed and spread his own arms, letting Hunk engulf him in a hug that made his spine bend with the pressure. “Thanks, Hunk,” Keith managed, voice strangled.
“Of course,” Hunk replied back, tone sunny, but there was a hint of mischief to his eyes. “And then one for our Glorious Leader.”
“You can have all the hugs you want if you don’t call me that.”
Hunk snickered. “No promises.” But he wrapped his arms around Shiro’s waist and heaved up to try and pick him off the floor.
- those weird shapes that come in different colours and you HAVE to watch them float through one side of the room to the other then disappear
- weird squiggly black lines that dance around in front of you and usually make everything around you blurry except for that black thing
- people’s voices echoing but the echo is very deep and demonic sounding so you can barely understand what people are saying
- not showering for so long because you thought you showered an hour ago but in reality you haven’t showered at all
- not eating for days on end because the food is obviously poisoned or you have ugly gustatory hallucinations from eating so food is not good
- your vision going completely blurry and black for a while and you literally cannot see properly enough to function so you’re like woah
– watching a horror movie or a movie with a monster so obviously that movie was a secret message that the person/monster is out to get you
- there’s ALWAYS someone or something going after you
- wanting to please the thing that’s after you so you don’t get hurt so you listen to the voices and do whatever they tell you because they know what will please your persecutor
- making yourself bleed because that proves you’re a real person
- making yourself bleed but this time you don’t know how, when, or why
- all of a sudden feeling like your body is floating in soft clouds or like you’re in a very warm bath and you can feel yourself losing any and all control of yourself
- saying things out loud that were meant to be in your head
- you’re a psychic because you’re right about things in the future 38% of the time
- pretending to be speaking on the phone with someone when in reality you’re just talking to yourself/the voices
- not caring enough to distinguish what’s a hallucination or not because it’s too much work
- people thinking you’re acting drunk after an anxiety or panic attack/very bad seizure-like psychotic episode but in reality it’s just really bad psychosis
- saying something and people laughing but you have no idea what you said that was funny
- hallucinating pain in your body and then having hypochondriac type delusions that you’re going to die so you prepare for death
- believing anything anyone says even if it’s completely absurd or meant as sarcasm
- doing something and then forgetting you did the thing and doing it again and again until you realize you did it several times
- sleeping but not really sleeping because it’s like you get a good ten minutes of sleep before you wake up and take at least half an hour to sleep since auditory hallucinations continue on even throughout sleep
- hallucinating being cold so you’re wearing four layers or jackets, two layers or socks, very warm pj pants, mittens, and sitting right beside the heater turned to max
- that one hallucination that’s positive and encouraging but you can’t tell if it’s mocking you or being genuine
- all inanimate objects are alive so you have to be polite always
- telling people you’re not psychotic when they say you seem extremely ill but your insight is 0
- literally having to be taken care of like a small child: being reminded to eat, shower etc. basically people making sure you’re doing mundane basic human things
- having to be reminded you’re a human that needs to do basic human functions when in reality you feel as if you had the needs of inanimate objects which is nothing really
- having so much trouble walking and keeping your balance so people literally have to hold you while walking so you don’t fall over