I’ve been sitting on this one for awhile, Nonny. It’s Time.
It didn’t take them long to figure out something was different about Shiro. Only long enough for them to warm up to each other.
The first time was after training. For the first time, they finally beat a higher level Gladiator, with enough skill and training that Allura had nothing serious to criticize.
Hunk whooped, punching a fist in the air and pulling off his headband to dab at the sweat on his forehead. “That’s how you do it,” he huffed out, beaming widely. Reaching out, he snagged Lance around the chest and heaved him up with one arm, both of them laughing.
“Me next!” Pidge called, more than a little mused herself. She hadn’t been kidding when she said she sweated a lot, it seemed. So Hunk grabbed her with his other arm, and spun both of them around in a gleeful circle.
Once Lance and Pidge were both set back down, pressed together and giggling, Hunk turned to Keith, arms spread wide. “Now you.”
For a moment, Keith narrowed his eyes, but then he sighed and spread his own arms, letting Hunk engulf him in a hug that made his spine bend with the pressure. “Thanks, Hunk,” Keith managed, voice strangled.
“Of course,” Hunk replied back, tone sunny, but there was a hint of mischief to his eyes. “And then one for our Glorious Leader.”
“You can have all the hugs you want if you don’t call me that.”
Hunk snickered. “No promises.” But he wrapped his arms around Shiro’s waist and heaved up to try and pick him off the floor.
- those weird shapes that come in different colours and you HAVE to watch them float through one side of the room to the other then disappear
- weird squiggly black lines that dance around in front of you and usually make everything around you blurry except for that black thing
- people’s voices echoing but the echo is very deep and demonic sounding so you can barely understand what people are saying
- not showering for so long because you thought you showered an hour ago but in reality you haven’t showered at all
- not eating for days on end because the food is obviously poisoned or you have ugly gustatory hallucinations from eating so food is not good
- your vision going completely blurry and black for a while and you literally cannot see properly enough to function so you’re like woah
– watching a horror movie or a movie with a monster so obviously that movie was a secret message that the person/monster is out to get you
- there’s ALWAYS someone or something going after you
- wanting to please the thing that’s after you so you don’t get hurt so you listen to the voices and do whatever they tell you because they know what will please your persecutor
- making yourself bleed because that proves you’re a real person
- making yourself bleed but this time you don’t know how, when, or why
- all of a sudden feeling like your body is floating in soft clouds or like you’re in a very warm bath and you can feel yourself losing any and all control of yourself
- saying things out loud that were meant to be in your head
- you’re a psychic because you’re right about things in the future 38% of the time
- pretending to be speaking on the phone with someone when in reality you’re just talking to yourself/the voices
- not caring enough to distinguish what’s a hallucination or not because it’s too much work
- people thinking you’re acting drunk after an anxiety or panic attack/very bad seizure-like psychotic episode but in reality it’s just really bad psychosis
- saying something and people laughing but you have no idea what you said that was funny
- hallucinating pain in your body and then having hypochondriac type delusions that you’re going to die so you prepare for death
- believing anything anyone says even if it’s completely absurd or meant as sarcasm
- doing something and then forgetting you did the thing and doing it again and again until you realize you did it several times
- sleeping but not really sleeping because it’s like you get a good ten minutes of sleep before you wake up and take at least half an hour to sleep since auditory hallucinations continue on even throughout sleep
- hallucinating being cold so you’re wearing four layers or jackets, two layers or socks, very warm pj pants, mittens, and sitting right beside the heater turned to max
- that one hallucination that’s positive and encouraging but you can’t tell if it’s mocking you or being genuine
- all inanimate objects are alive so you have to be polite always
- telling people you’re not psychotic when they say you seem extremely ill but your insight is 0
- literally having to be taken care of like a small child: being reminded to eat, shower etc. basically people making sure you’re doing mundane basic human things
- having to be reminded you’re a human that needs to do basic human functions when in reality you feel as if you had the needs of inanimate objects which is nothing really
- having so much trouble walking and keeping your balance so people literally have to hold you while walking so you don’t fall over
I’m sorry if the imagery is disturbing…. I rarely publish things like these,ms paint kind of gave me chance to try turn the negative into actual (VERY)quick clean artform, to rely some message or emotion. Vent art is a great tool, it is personal and might be criptic, so people can find what they want in it, maybe bringing them some delight from their own pain? I don’t like to publish gore for the sake of it, nor spread sads, so whenever I do publish these for you to see - it’s only because I like how the art turned out and I want to share it with you. So hopefully I didn’t make anyone sad or worry, it’s simply artwork, part of me (maybe not that nice part but I’m also only human >.< ). So hope you can enjoy it without disgust or feeling bad from it or for me - no need to! I like this kind of aesthetic too! *EDIT* venting is great on paper! It works much better to release pressure.
Archerfish. Archerfish can make projectile weapons. Don't forget the archerfish.
I’ve never heard of them! A lot of people have pointed out though that while no other species can throw like us, they can like. shoot things from their bodies. which i had forgotten about lol so maybe its more likely that aliens would come up with projectile weapons by watching other fauna shoot blood out of their eyes or eject spines as opposed to throwing things which is still interesting!!! imagine the evolution of those weapons!! humans went spear -> atlatl -> bow, and then when we discovered blackpowder, shitty explosive projectiles (sometimes just like. put a bomb on arrows) -> cannon -> guns ->missiles maybe those species would like. just fill bladders with poison and squeeze it at their prey and advance their weapons down that path
i think it’s a pretty safe assumption though that any species that is able to space-travel probably figured out rocket propulsion, but i wouldnt be surprised if they didn’t immediately consider “hey! if i moved something really quickly into someone’s head i’d have a military advantage!” since our spear-throwing abilities are hand in hand with the evolution of our brains, and probably influenced how we do military.
maybe a species that evolved from things more like. four legged creatures (like, i think? all of our land predators? im not positive on that one tho). would just hunt by tackling and eating things. they develope projectile weapons way differently and way later.
imagine them just. seeing us shoot things to kill things. and they’re like “haha how long did that take ur young species to come up with” and we’re just like “actually we evolved to throw things to kill things. watch me play darts really fast”