Fast From Wrong Thinking: "I haven't done enough to get God to answer my prayers or bless me"
Today we are fasting from the thought that says, “I haven’t done enough to get God to answer my prayers or bless me.”
When things don’t go our way, we sometimes have this nagging thought that we’re not holy enough or haven’t prayed enough to qualify us for God’s blessing or favor.
LET’S CHANGE IT TODAY
1. We get what Jesus deserves. Romans 8:17 tells us that we are joint heirs with Jesus Christ. His inheritance is ours. 1 John 4:17 says, “As He is, so are we in this world.” We deserved the curse, but instead we receive the blessing (Galatians 3:13).
2. Be covenant-minded. You have a covenant with God (Hebrews 8:12–13). A covenant is a contract—in this case, a contract that is guaranteed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
3. Be grace-minded. Grace is when God gives us what we don’t deserve. Hebrews 4:15 says, “Therefore, let us draw near with confidence [boldly] to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
4. Have confidence in God, not in yourself. (1 John 3:20–21) Confidence and faith enable God to answer prayers in our lives.
5. Reject condemnation. It is our heart that condemns us for our mistakes and shortcomings. When we feel condemned, we lose confidence, and then we believe we can’t receive anything from God. (Hebrews 10:35)
6. Accept your freedom in Christ. There is now NO condemnation for those who are in Christ! (Romans 8:1)
THINK IT & SAY IT
I let go of the mind-set that tells me I’m not holy enough, or I haven’t done enough to receive answered prayers. I receive His promises by faith. I am a joint heir with Jesus Christ.
I expect to get what He deserves, not what I deserve. The throne of His grace is always open! His river of lavish love-gifts are always flowing toward me! I receive His grace, freely and lavishly, in Jesus’ Name!