*cares too deeply about Marius/Cosette*
I feel like people might care more about Marius & Cosette and how embarrassingly cute they are if more adaptations included:
- ALL THE TIMES THEY JUST LOOKED AT EACH OTHER “SUBTLY” in the park
- Their “first argument” with Marius mad at nothing and Cosette being bemused and a little bit frustrated because this happens when they haven’t even talked to each other yet so she has no idea why handsome boy is being an offended idiot.
- The way they only kiss once and then they spend their time talking to each other.
- THE WAY THEY TALK FOR HOURS AND MANAGE NOT TO SAY THEIR NAMES TO EACH OTHER UNTIL THEIR CONVERSATION IS OVER
- The time they giggled like adorable idiots for so long after Marius admits he used to think she was called Ursula
- The two hours where Marius bangs his head against a tree while Cosette cries because her father wants to leave for England.
- two hours. seriously. I just.
- this SHOULD BE IN EVERY ADAPTION EVER.
- Cosette tending to Marius while he’s sick after the barricades.
- Cosette cheekily saying that she’s got Marius so she doesn’t need a maid.
I’m not going into kinky territory, i’m not but …
- Cosette holding her new husband at night because he has nightmares he doesn’t want to talk about, Cosette whispering reassurances and not asking about those names that pass through Marius’ lips sometimes.
- Marius holding his wife as she mourns her father and apologizing for hours and hours because it was because of him that Cosette couldn’t spent those last months with her dad, and Cosette feeling so angry at Marius and herself, feeling so guilty and lost and clinging to her husband.
- Marius and Cosette having only each other in the world as the people who truly cared about them and are not abusive (looking at you Gillenormad) are dead
- MARIUS AND COSETTE OKAY.
They’ve got so much potential as adorable dorks in love. When people ignore them, include them only because they feel they have to but spent so little time on them, when they’re called boring, or idiots, or annoying, or WORSE (looking at all the people who ever said Cosette and Marius should have died. AREN’T THERE ENOUGH DEAD PEOPLE IN LES MIS why them if you want to kill more Thénardier père is still fucking alive at the end of the book and a slave trader NOW WHO’S FUCKING WORSE), it hurts my soul. I love those romantic babies. I want them to be healthy with each other and support each other and love each other for the rest of their lives.