We hope everyone had an amazing Dec. 6th Blackout Day
We reached #1 here on Tumblr and #4 on Twitter today! Our Twitter also reached 3k with your help!
As this year draws to a close, I want to share some thoughts and a few updates with you all. This was our second full year as a movement and it was mainly about establishing long term goals and really examining what we could do to ensure our longevity.
Here are some things we accomplished this year thanks to your support:
1) We officially registered as an LLC! This is necessary to begin the very long and expensive process of registering national copyrights and trademarks.
3) We connected with great organizations that really believe in what we are doing including Ebony Magazine and the Social Impact Team at Tumblr HQ. We look forward to making more connections and to enlisting their help to ensure our future.
4) We began a complete overhaul of our website and our aesthetic! We’re aiming for a more streamlined look moving forward.
Here’s some things we are looking to accomplish in 2017:
1) Relaunching our website and introducing you to our IndieGoGo supporters! The website will include pages for black art, music, and businesses to be featured.
2) Opening up an online store with Blackout Day merchandise. Our VIPs will get their merch first and then we’ll open up to the public on March 6th, 2017.
3) Continuing our partnership with some really cool folks in order to garner even bigger visibility for your black excellence (can’t tell you who yet, it’s a secret!).
4) Organized meet ups!
5) Expanding the talent on the official #BlackoutDay team. As we grow larger, we need more team members. Stay tuned.
Once again, thank you so much for your support. I’m so grateful for both 2015 and 2016 and am looking forward to 2017.