Have any silly domestic prompts having to do with Spock, struggling to figure out how humans live?
i’m gonna spirk this up for the sake of simplicity for me, but it can go for any ship. how about…
- Spock can’t understand why Jim sings in the shower
- (he won’t admit it, but he loves to hear it)
- Jim is SO WARM in bed. How could anyone be so warm?! He’s so easy to curl up to. Illogical. But it would be wasteful to not appreciate him…
- When Jim is on an overnight trip and Spock is lying there alone, he stares at the ceiling and wonders why he’s so uncomfortable. He never needed another person near him to fall asleep when he was younger. Now, it seems the bed is too large and empty and cold. Jim’s only be gone a few hours, how could Spock possibly miss him?
- Sometimes, Spock hears Jim talking to no one….and then finds out Jim is actually talking to himself. Fascinating.
- Spock catches himself speaking aloud one time and promptly decides meditation is in order.
- Why is Jim so good at chess? If Spock weren’t emotionally devoid *cough cough*, he would be infuriated that such ridiculous strategies actually best his perfectly planned out logical ones.
- Why does Jim love spoiling him so much? Spock wonders why Jim goes out of his way to make his life easy. He’ll bring him hot tea and hold his coat out for him and tie his scarf.
- When they go on a camping trip, they bring a space heater but it’s still cold. Even so, Jim is content to walk around the tent barefoot and in a short sleeved shirt.
- Singing and toasting marshmelons. Why?
- Jim buys actual paper, even though no one uses actual paper anymore. Jim also acquired an antique apparatus called a pen. He writes notes to Spock on said paper with said pen. Sometimes, the notes contain only words. Sometimes, there are stick figures holding hands (scandalous!) that look alarmingly like themselves.
- Jim buys Spock things, even when he doesn’t need them. …Like knitted ear warmers and imported spiced tea.
- WHAT IS SO ENTICING ABOUT ANTIQUE BOOKS?????? JIM. WHY.
- Reading is a personal activity…so why does Jim insist on sitting right next to Spock when he does? Sometimes he even uses his lap as a pillow. Not that Spock minds but…
- Why do humans like to have dinner parties?
- Why must Jim shows pictures of Spock to others??? It’s like Jim’s showing off at times, but surely Spock must be reading too much into that situation…
- Sometimes, Jim looks in the mirror and feels he’s no longer attractive. Spock can’t understand how this is possible.
- Why do humans cry when they’re happy???
- Why do Jim and Amanda enjoy trading mildly embarrassing stories about Spock and Sarek, as they sit there totally not blushing green?