[10 - 20/100 days of productivity] although i was super productive finishing four assessments in the last few weeks, i didn’t have a chance to take pictures everyday :-( but, i’m on break for a few weeks now and then back in for summer school! lots of organising, internship finding, and random stuff to do!
ive said it before and i’ll say it again, raising your kid in a strict, fear-controlled environment where all rules are enforced only through fear of pain, will not lead to the nice, intelligent, well-behaved children that you’re looking for. it will lead to your child taking one of two tacts:
a) lying and sneaking around so that they can circumvent the rules you have put in place (even like, the good important ones like “don’t talk to strangers” because you probably didn’t think it was important to tell them why and so since they’re already ‘disrespecting authority’ or whatever, there is no reason for them not to break that rule as well, if they need to), and only thinking of the consequences of their actions in terms of pain/punishment, instead of like, “this will hurt my friend” or “this will mess up my future big-time” because odds are, you didn’t bother to instill any foundations of morality or compassion or foresight in them because why bother, right?
b) turning into a terrified doormat because you taught them that questioning orders/having emotions/needing things/wanting things/having a personality is a punishable offense, and now they can’t make their own decisions without mortal terror because when they tried to do that as kids, you threatened and punished them, nor can they easily think beyond “if i do this i’ll be punished/hated/disbelieved/threatened/abandoned” because thats how you reacted to everything
or some mix of the two wherein they are a doormat when they should stand up for themself and a rebellious, calloused asshole when they should stop to consider the other person’s point of view.
I find it funny when people classify Bakugou/Uraraka as a Bad boy/Girly girl ship when it’s confirmed that Bakugou is top 3 in his class, goes to bed earlier than his peers, and is a good cook/cleaner lol. Meanwhile Uraraka is a confirmed badass, intimidating, and motivated partially by money.
1. Don’t try to read other peoples’ minds and don’t expect others to be able to read yours. Communicate if it is important to you.
2. Don’t expect to be friends with everyone. We all are different – and we all like different things. Instead, invest your time in a few good friends. That’s all you really need to feel happy and fulfilled.
3. Create a budget and live within your means. Accruing debt will only cause you to feel stressed.
4. Get rid of the monster of jealousy – and only compare yourself with yourself.
5. Organize your clutter and get rid of some stuff. It will leave you feeling calmer, and will save you lots of time!
6. Stay on the sidelines and don’t get drawn into pointless dramas in other peoples’ lives (unless it’s a crisis – and you know you ought to help).
7. Finish what you’ve started - and then do something else.
8. Treat every person you meet with respect, and err on the side of being patient and kind.
9. Accept there are things that you can’t change or control – and focus on those things that you can change or control.
10. Don’t be too proud to apologise. Admit that you were wrong, then say you’re sorry, and move on.
Lucifer vs. Rowena: A Study in Character Development
Also known as, actions speak louder than words. Lucifer continually claims to have changed, but no one else perceives it that way because his actions haven’t changed at all. He’s still just as self-serving as he’s always been, and everyone can see it but him.
Rowena, however, doesn’t claim to have changed - quite the opposite, in fact. She calls herself “flawed, petty, and evil” - but in this case, her peers disagree. Her actions show that she’s changed, that she’s grown as a person.
Lucifer and Rowena both had the opportunity to use Sam in a ploy to get their son back, but only one went through with it. So who is the “flawed, petty, evil creature” and who has truly changed?
behold, my attempts to beat the kh3 box art into submission!
no but really, the poor thing was in desperate need of a cohesive color palette and compositional focus, and while i don’t claim to have completely fixed these problems, i do think i got them at least part the way there.