20 Moments Stephen Strange Thinks of Often
1. Chasing his sister in the rain. Not yet being old enough to care that he was wet or that others were watching.
2. Holding a scalpel for the first time. Making a clean, straight slice on smooth skin.
3. Kissing Tony on the icy sidewalk outside the Sanctum.
4. The first time he saw magic. The moment he felt hope for the first time in months.
5. Tony, clad in the Iron Man armor, landing in front of his fallen form. Tony fighting Thanos. Tony being stabbed, his blood dripping onto the sandy ground of Titan. “Stop.”
6. Dozing in the warm bath water. Tony’s back against his chest, fingers tracing patterns on his palms.
7. Dinners and dancing and drinking. An empty smile on his face as he hurriedly shakes hands, rushing to move onto bigger, better things. Everyone wanting to stop the talented Dr. Strange.
8. Agony. Overwhelming. Consuming. Instantaneous. Gone. “Dormammu!”
9. Futures racing past his eyes. Tony dying. Peter dying. Him dying. All of them dying. Over, and over, and over again.
10. May sobbing hysterically at Peter’s graduation. Tony smiling proudly, hand squeezing his tightly.
11. Rolling. Spinning. Falling. Glass. Blood. The scent of fuel in the air. The sound of a car horn droning on in the background. Pain.
12. The library. Unread books being shoved from the writing desk as Tony suggested a much better use for the surface.
13. Dark eyes, wide with fear and pain, fixing him with a pleading look. To fix it. To say it’d be okay. “It was the only way.”
14. Snow collecting in his hair. Ice biting into his bare flesh. Frigid winds ripping through his thin grey garments. The cool metal of the sling ring freezing his skin as he desperately moved his hand in a practiced circle.
15. Tony pulling gloves from scarred hands. Warm, tender kisses pressed into every finger.
16. Darkness and despair and drinking. Cerulean eyes staring emptily at the filthy stoop in Katmandu. No one stopping, no one caring about the broken Stephen Strange.
17. Gasping sharply, lungs begging for air. “You’re alright, douchebag” Tony reassured, slipping the Time stone back into the Eye. “It’s over.”
18. Flakes of snow hovering in the sky, a sense of dread pulling at his heart. “It’s not about you.”
19. Warm summer sunshine streaming through sheer drapes, bathing their nude forms in golden light. The breathtaking beauty of tanned skin glowing against white sheets.
20. “Stark-Strange!” Tony protests. “Strange-Stark,” he disagrees with a grin.