Hi, Prompt for Robbaery. Friends with benefits. Thank you.
Hi, thank you for the lovely prompt! I kind of wrestled with it, so I hope you like what I ended up creating.
- Am I pathetic?
They sit in his and Theon’s apartment, his body spread on the couch, while she is sitting in the big, old armchair. They have just finished watching one of those Katherine Heighl rom-coms, that she secretely and he not so secretely adores since Sansa made them all watch five in a row after her breakup. The credits are still rolling, and he asks that question, not even lifting his gaze from the tv.
Margaery looks at him with a raised brow.
- Why would you be?
Robb sips on his beer and shrugs his arms.
- I am thirty, divorced, good looking and can’t even get a girls number, not to mention a romance of a lifetime with Katherine Heighl as my soulmate.
Her brows raise even higher as she laughs loudly.
- Oh please, I am a year younger, divorced twice, twice as good looking as you, and my love life is dead as well. That makes me four times as pathetic.
- If you wanted to make me feel better, you didn’t.
Margaery lifts from her spot, and pushes his legs from the couch. She sits next to him, not a drop of wine from her glass spilled.
- I could set you up if you want to.
He smiles and avoides her eyes, his own glued to the screen.
- I don’t think I do. I don’t really miss all the issues connected to a relationship. Changing facebook status, meeting parents, awkward dates, that’s just not for me I guess,
- Cheers to that!
She lifts her glass, and he raises his beer to the toast as well.
They sit in silence, the movie credits end. He moves the liquid in his bottle around.
- I do miss some parts of being in a relationship though.
He stares into the bottom of his bottle. Margaery puts away her now empty wine glass, and smirks.
- Like what?
He puts away his beer as well.
- Not being set up by friends. Having a plus one for parties. Coming home and knowing someone called you. And..
- I wouldn’t say it that straightforward, but yes, sex as well.
He finishes his beer, stands up and turns the now blank tv off. The room is completely dark now, so he turns the lamp on. Just as the light comes back, Margaery speaks up.
- I miss it too. But just the sex part. And maybe Renly’s cooking.
He sits next to her and sighs.
- So, what do we do now?
- Get tinder profiles?
- Like you don’t already have one.
Margaery rolls her eyes, and then starts counting on her fingers.
- We could hit on random people and get into relationships.
- That’s not ethical.
- Or we could stay in celibacy forever.
- Or we could find a website that only offers one night stands.
- And is probably filled out with creeps.
She looks at hm with squinted eyes, and smirks before opening her mouth again.
- We could also have sex with each other.
He clears his throat.
- That would save us from tinder. And creeps. And celibacy. And breaking any hearts. And a possible relationship.
- It would.
They stare at each other for a long second before taking their clothes off.
As Margaery unbuttons her shirt, she looks up into his eyes, and says with emphasis:
- If you call me Jeyne we sure as hell won’t do this again.