Top 5 most difficult hq college separations??? (It can be from the same or different years)
Bye this is gonna be so painful
1. Bokuto and Akaashi. The mother of all the college separations, I think the realization would hit Akaashi way more than Bokuto. Because he won’t say goodbye to just Bokuto, but basically to the whole Fukurodani team as we know it. Not to mention he will have to take the weight on his shoulder and be the next captain…after him. He will have to start over again, without the blinding, comforting light and force of nature that Bokuto is by his side. Practice will suddenly be so quiet, his days so empty, his life so steady and so…cold. And Bokuto…well, I know that, if he could, he’ll give up everything just to live forever in this last year they have to share.
2. The third years and the rest of Karasuno. Ah this is gonna be another big one. All the crows are impossibly close to each other, they accomplished together a greatness that was once forgotten. I think they have this thought constantly buzzing in the back of their mind, that each game could be the last they’re playing together. And I know Furudate will show us their last goodbye and there’s no way I’m gonna be prepared to see that. To see Asahi and Noya separating, to see the transfer of power to Ennoshita, to see how desperate Hinata, and honestly all the others, would be. To see Suga smiling and saying it will be ok, that they’ll be ok. To see Daichi telling them to win, to win again, for them. I…I’m already a mess
3. Oikawa and Iwaizumi. The news of Oikawa and Iwaizumi not going to the same college hit us all like a truck. They’ve been together since they were kids, always side by side. They grew up together, both as a person and as players. They are partners, on and off court. Thinking about them finding a new equilibrium without the other just breaks my heart. Because I know they would do amazing wherever they’ll end up being, but still…damn. I just wanted them to be together, forever. Seeing them saying goodbye to each other with eyes full of tears it’s an experience I’ll never recover from
4. Tendou and the rest of Shiratorizawa. His team was the very first place where Tendou felt accepted for the wonderful player and human begin he is. The swans were his family, his home, his paradise. I can’t make myself think about how hard the separation would be on him, that he would end up being alone…again. To an extent, this same thing could be said about Ushijima, too.
5. Kuroo and Kenma. I don’t think it would be such a devastating separation for them, since they’ve been through it once before in middle school. But that first time they knew it was just a matter of one year before they’d be reunited again, but now? They still live very close, but who knows where Kuroo would end up studying? Despite his very much annoyance, I think that Kenma finds somehow a feeling of comfort in having Kuroo by his side, always ready to protect and encourage him. They’ll both miss each other very much a lot, I’m sure of it.
Thank you for your message (and for the pain)!