5 kind things you could do today:
- listen. listening is probably one of the most basic skills that we have acquired ever since. unfortunately, as we grow older, we tend to overlook the importance of listening and instead, most of us choose to talk, talk, and talk. thus this time, i challenge you to listen to someone. just listen. give them time to explain their side. listen to someone talk about their passion, their life, their love because remember: it is through listening that you will learn so much from people.
- appreciate. this is one of the easiest thing to do because you literally don’t have to spend a lot of your time, energy, or money. the only thing you have to do is to compliment someone. tell someone you like their outfit, their makeup, their eyes. tell someone they chose the perfect color to match their hair. compliment someone because they deserve it and compliments are meant to be shared anyway. you will never know how important these comments are to certain people.
- give out. it does not have to be something that costs you so much money or effort! it could be anything! a little note to cheer someone up! a short text message to make someone feel loved, an anonymous letter to someone who might need it. or you might even want to give out some wild flowers to someone who would like it. at the end of the day, it’s the thought that you made someone feel like they matter that counts! and that’s more than enough!
- thank. if someone was extra nice to you today, thank them! thank your friends for sticking up with your crap. thank the adults who helped you grow. thank the little people- the security guard, the cafeteria lady, the bartender, the barista, the faculty of your school or your office. thank the people who deserve to be thanked. thank everyone who shaped you to become the person that you are right now.
- offer. offering help to someone is literally one of the most precious, genuine, and heartwarming thing that you could ever do! you will never know how much they would need it since there are some who are not very vocal about their burdens! sometimes, all they need is a little nudge and a helping hand to speak up! bonus part: the person you help could also possibly help you in the future (not that you’re doing this for someone to owe you something).