Typical ADHD Conversation
- Parent: You need to remember The Thing
- Me: How?
- Parent: Just write a list!
- Me: How do I remember to look at the list?
- Parent: You just...do! Ok then, just remind yourself when you walk out the door to check for everything you're leaving behind
- Me: But how do I remember to remind myself?
- Parent: Well you won't be able to function in life if you can't do this much. You're not listening to any of my suggestions even though you told me you try the things I'm telling you to do all the time and they don't work. This shows you just don't care or want to be better. I know you're not that disabled because you are still in good physical condition.
- Me: :))))) ok i will try :))))) harder :)))))