So I was lucky enough to win a ticket to Jared’s coffee lounge at A14 on Sunday. I was completely shocked! I didn’t say anything, I was firstly way too shy and get nervous talking in front of a group of people (even though its tiny compared to a panel!) secondly I’d lost my voice, and so I felt kinda self conscious as it was hard to talk loud enough to be heard.
Anyways so a couple things that happened:
- When I first arrived in the room I sat down in the first seat I could find. Suddenly everyone is looking at me funny and they tell me I can’t sit there….I’d decided to sit where Jared was meant to sit. I was in Sam cosplay so I was like erm yeah totally just getting into character there erm -walk of shame- Then the CL got postponed anyway as they hadn’t yet finished the J2 photo op.
- He showed up about 10-15 minutes late and blamed it on Misha and Jensen as he’d been doing the J2M ops :P
- Jared briefly talked about Jeffrey Dean Morgan’s dog at the beginning. For those who don’t know, Jeffrey had to leave the convention early as his dog was sadly being put down. I won’t go into detail about what Jared talked about that.
- This led to a few members of the group talking about their pets. The girl next to me talked about her cat and mimed the cat scratching….on me. So I was like huh what and must have looked scared or confused because Jared starts laughing and says “She’s like what are you doing?!” He jokingly says to actually demonstrate what the cat did….and the girl actually scratched my arm. Not very hard or anything, but I was still like argh. Jared was like “no no no, I was kidding!”, still laughing and was just saying he found it funny because I got scared the first time. So yeah. Moose laughed at me :P But it was funny and all in good spirits.
- Some people told Jared that UPS had lost their Always Keep Fighting shirts. Jared wasn’t pleased to hear this and is going to contact represent to make sure those people receive a shirt.
- Osric Chau was mentioned a few times. J2 carried him to the finish line at tough mudder as his knees gave out. Also just talking about how he enjoys being quirky after a strict upbringing.
- Jared was wearing the Moose&Squirrel Always Keep Fighting shirt and modelled it for us.
- We got a snake impression which was rather hilarious. This was when he talked about Yellow Fever and how scared he was of the huge snake :P
- Jared’s shoulder is now completely fine. He said that he can’t lift as much as he used to and can’t throw as far as he used to but otherwise its fine.
- Small anecdote about going to see fans while filming the 200th. He brought the EMF detector and showed them how it works (someone in the lounge had been there), before the props lady ran to take it off him :P
- Talked about Stephen Amell and how they met but I can’t actually remember what was said. I’m helpful
- Jared talked about a few of the episodes he found most challenging and the ones he worked hardest on, he mentioned The End, Heart and Sacrifice. He said how beat up he felt after filming sacrifice due to the heavy content, and even Jensen told him he looked, as he described it, like shit.
- Someone asked if the wedding photo in the french mistake was real, which it is. Jared also mentioned he doesn’t own an alpaca (but wants one XD ) and that he still has the cowboy picture from the episode in his garage. Several people suggested putting it in Misha’s trailer, but Jared was scared about what Misha would do with it :P He and Gen were going to keep the Andy Warhol style paintings but had no idea where to put them, so sold them for charity at one of the US cons.
I’m pretty sure more was said, I’m just completely exhausted and sad that the con is over. But it was amazing to just sit and listen to him for half an hour, I wish it could have lasted longer!