Tomato Mac Soup
This is one of my mom’s favorite comfort foods and it’s pretty easy and quick to make!
- Tomato juice
- Macaroni or other small pasta
- Shredded/grated cheese of your choosing
- Garlic or garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Diced tomatoes and/or chopped onions (optional)
- Cook your macaroni and set it aside. This is also a good way to put some leftover pasta to use!!
- Heat tomato juice in a saucepan. If you’re using fresh garlic, cook that in the pan with a little olive oil first. If you’re putting onions in, it’s also good to cook them a little here, with the garlic. Otherwise, add tomatoes (if you want them), a little butter, a little salt, some garlic, and lots of pepper to the tomato juice and let it cook on low to medium-low heat for a bit so the flavors blend a little.
- Grate or crumble some cheese while you wait if it’s not pre-shredded.
- When the flavors are blended to your liking, add in your cooked pasta.
- Serve and sprinkle cheese on top!! Enjoy!!