I’ve been listening to these songs 12that were cut from the musical (probably because they made it too long or because they talked about things that were later resumed in other songs) AND I’VE COLLECTED SOME THINGS:
We can consider this canon, those are facts that don’t affect the plot and were made by the authors so I’m stuck with it.
1. Inthis song Cynthia says this: ‘
The missing pills from the medicine cabinet. The missing kid found passed out in the park.’ so THANKS TO THAT WE NOW KNOW HOW AND WHEN HE DIED. Probably after that first day of school, because he was absent three days after someone found him, he grabbed those ‘missing pills’ and died due to pill overdose.
2. Also in that first song she says he ‘used to love jokes! when he was a little boy? ‘why did the chicken cross the road?’ he had a million answers to that one!’ so, like any cheerful little kid he liked jokes that probably turned to bitter sarcasm with the years.
3. There’sthis other song in which Cynthia says ‘
Saw the counselors and the clinics And the cures a mother tries Cause maybe they could take away that anger in your eyes’ which means they were trying. He probably was on meds and probably was tired of psychiatrists.
4. Both songs talk about how Cynthia and Connor fought after dinner every dinner and how Connor pulled himself away with every fight:
We went to battle every evening after dinner I thought I knew some way that I’d get through to you, Remember? In the bedroom down the hall We fought a war where no one walked away a winner Cause every day you pulled a little more away, Remember?’ and ‘
All that I’ve thought about is how hard he would slam that bedroom door, Every night after dinner. Wild-eyed and weary, from all those nights of fighting a war Where no one was the winner.’
5. Okay this is not about Connor but we now know Connor and Evan had one thing in common. Heidi about Evan: ‘In the bedroom down the hall I surprised you with that comic book collection Next Halloween, I dressed you up like Wolverine, Remember?’ and Cynthia about Connor
‘The years of trick or treating, my spiderman, he stood at 4 foot 2, such a happy child.’
THEY BOTH LIKE COMICS!!! so they could have been friends they actually had things in common and thanks to these songs now we know Connor was a human and not a monster. Sure, he was mean and that’s not nice nor forgivable but at least we know (thanks to a little bit of light) that he was really trying.
I wonder what would have been of them both if they had talked things out, Evan and Connor I mean. I know mental illnesses can not be magically cured by a lover but having someone by your side (as a friend too) really helps, and they were in the same position so maybe they would have been of help for each other.
Apart from the opening theme and the songs performed at the end of each episode, Twin Peaks season 3′s first music cue occurs when Bobby Briggs sees Laura Palmer’s portrait. The song played is Laura’s Theme.