andreil soulmate au
Imagine an AU where you can’t lie to your soulmate.
Everyone knows this.
Well, as in, it is physically possible; Neil can open his mouth and say something untrue to Andrew.
But soulmates are two people who share a soul. Two people who were meant to be one, but were torn asunder by the gods in their rage.
A soul will know the condition and the intention on its other half; for they are part of the same soul, in the end.
- Which means that Andrew knows that Neil is his
soulmate almost immediately
- He flies out with Kevin to meet this rookie forward
that Kevin’s raving about. He hasn’t bothered to watch the videos, he’s just
going because they’re desperate for a new team member after the last recruit,
and Kevin insists on going and Kevin won’t go alone
- So he has the lowest of expectations when Neil
comes rabbiting into the changing room and Andrew swings without thinking about
- His first thought is ‘what an idiot’ and his second
is ‘hot tho’
- And then Neil says something about not deserving to
play on the same court as Kevin and Andrew can feel it in his bones, in his
heart, in his soul that Neil is lying
- Which makes his third thought about Neil ‘well