My usage of “cute” in regards to anyone or anything.
If I say somebody or something is cute in a picture, it means I think they or it look cute to me in that picture or just in general.
Pansies are my favorite flower because they’re cute.
Stephen Hawking holding a teddy bear and smiling with his eyes all squinted up is cute.
Tiny dancing baby Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy is cute.
Peter Capaldi smiling and waving at the camera while wearing a sweater with too-long sleeves is cute.
Bumblebee from Transformers is cute because he kinda looks like a bee.
The fluffy gray and white kitten in this photo that I randomly chose off Google is cute.
I use “cute” equally for anyone (human or not) that I think is cute. I never use “cute” to infantilize anyone, disabled or not, and I’m 100% okay with people saying I’m cute or saying that something I’m doing, wearing or holding in a photo or video is cute.
Now, to the anon who keeps accusing me of using “cute” to infantilize– please get over yourself and get off your high horse before that high horse gets any higher up your ass. kthxbai.
I know, this is a mega, colossal submition. Sorry! But I just had to include all of these sweet little floofs.
• The first picture is of my late, favorite dog ever, River. She made me so happy. I used to call her my pig-vulture-dog, because she was food oriented, fat at the best times of her life, and she watched your food like a vulture.
• The second picture: my dog Baily. She’s literally the sweetest little dog ever. She jumps at least five feet in the air when she sees a squirrel.
• The third and fourth pictures: my brothers cat Holly. I love that cat so, so much. She’s extremely crazy. I love her.
• The fifth picture: my coach’s Great Dane, Brynley. She’s also in the sixth picture, with
• Bogart. I dog sit them all the time, and it’s the best job ever.
•The seventh picture: a cat that always visited us last summer. I always felt like she would be a Nellie, so I’ll just say her name is Nellie. She stopped visiting us though 😢. I just hope she’s still alive and doing well.
• The eighth picture: one morning, I was just lying in bed, half awake, when all of a sudden this little friend came and perched himself on my window. It was a glorious moment.