McMansion Hell Site Changes
Hello All! It’s been awhile since I’ve done any housekeeping and I wanted to let everyone know what kind of changes will be on the way as the blog approaches the 1 year marker (!!!)
The summer post schedule will be as follows:
Monday - informative, semi-serious posts about architecture, history, and theory.
Thursday - Weekly house roasts. I moved this to Thursday to give myself more time to write them than just a single day. Monday & Wednesday are just too close together.
This schedule will change when school is in session.
Changes to Site Layout etc.
Some changes that will be rolling out over the coming weeks:
- I will be spending some time this week updating the Certified Dank™ section with the 50 States posts.
- The What the Hell… section will be renamed and updated.
- An About section will be added with info about the author.
- An Articles section will be added with articles I have written for other publications.
- Tumblr Chat will be discontinued - there’s no way I can keep up with the massive amount of Tumblr messages I get. To put it in perspective, McMansion Hell has 39,000 Tumblr followers, there is no way lil ol’ me can answer chats coming from a pool of people that large. That being said, I definitely respond more frequently to Tweets (@mcmansionhell).
- McMansion Hell will begin migrating to Wordpress. Do not fret! Weekly posts will still be posted in their regular format to Tumblr. This move is mostly a practical one so I can have more control of how the blog looks and feels, and because Wordpress is a more stable platform than Tumblr which has had issues with dead links, theme issues, etc.
- Changes to Contact Section - I struggle with email a lot. I receive over 100 emails a day with real estate links, “PLEASE ROAST”, etc. and a lot of important emails get lost in the noise. While I appreciate these emails and that people are getting excited about the architecture of their own communities, it’s become extremely difficult to manage and there is no feasible way for me to answer every single one of these messages. I’m trying to come up with a better solution to this problem, and if anyone has any ideas for how to manage this problem, feel free to send me an email with “Email Suggestions” in the subject line.
Thanks again everyone for all your love and support!