Thoughts on 4x09
(sorry this got quite long because there were just so many good things..!)
- Loved those flashbacks of swordfighting training with Flint and Silver!!! Silver taking off the prosthetic in front of Flint without hesitating, and Flint being sort of shocked by how casual Silver is about it. Because there is no pride between them asldkfajdskl. They were joking and smiling and basically being really GAY. And mind you these are Silver’s memories; this is how he remembers it.
- (also they both looked really good in those scenes. nice nice)
- Madi being a QUEEN. Telling Woodes Rogers how it is. He killed Eleanor. Gosh I love Madi. She is so brave and wise and strong.
- Poor little baby Ben Gunn! Billy pointing the gun at him but deciding not to shoot him!! Wow! I hope he safely reached the shore
- De Groot :( Joji :( :( Dooley :( :(
- I really liked the fighting scene between Flint and Joji. The fact that Joji could show off his amazing skills one last time and that Flint actually looked pretty nervous having to fight him eheheh
- When Jack Rackham starts talking about how close he is to achieving his goals, you know shit is about to hit the fan :) I wonder if they will reach the island (and if they do, what/who they will find there?!)
- Flint’s panicking voice because Dooley was going to shoot Silver, even though Silver was going to kill Flint?? shiiiiiiiiit
- For someone like Silver, who doesn’t like to get attached to anyone or anything, it must be terrifying to be so close to Flint. And how Flint always knows just what to say to make Silver do as he wants. (Madi would never forgive you if you killed me because all that matters to her is this war and I am the war)
- I found Silver’s ‘backstory’ a bit disappointing at first but it’s actually a really nice way to show the differences between Flint and Silver. While Flint tries to give meaning to the things that have happened to him, Silver is much more realistic and down to earth. There is no story. Life is just shit for no reason lol
- Silver actually got quite emotional when Flint wanted to know his real story, which makes me all the more curious about what has happened to Silver in his life. It must have been really bad…
- the last scene with Madi and Silver sitting at a table and Madi’s face is basically saying ‘seriously John can you stop talking about Flint for one fucking minute’ while Silver is talking about how he is so happy to be friends with Flint. Pure gold.
tl;dr: I can’t believe this episode was real. 10/10 rating. And only onE MORE TO GO AAAAA