fahye who are some authors you've followed into unknown fandoms/your favourite authors? i'm dying for recs
OH BOY. OH BOY OH BOY.
- this list has to be topped with @astolat because I trust her tastes to line up superbly with mine, to the point where I will hungrily read tens of thousands of words of slytherin dad/gryffindor dad fanfic for a video game I am never going to play. just open her fandoms list, flail around, and click at random. it will probably be so good you want to punch something.
- the great, the one, the only @cesperanza was the reason I got into due south fanfic when I was a tiny baby fandomer, and that got me into due south the show, and then exactly the same thing happened with stargate: atlantis. her captain america fic is SU-FUCKING-PERB and will change your life.
- I deeply resent @seperis for making the answer to ‘what fanfic do you reread the most often’ be ‘a piece of american idol RPF’ because her ability to write relationships and stretches of dialogue that store all their emotion and meaning between the lines is just phenomenal. I resent her EVEN MORE for ‘down to agincourt’ because who has the time to throw at literal millions of words of excruciatingly slow-burn WIP destiel fanfic despite caring zero for supernatural as a show? who?? (me, apparently.)
- sometimes what @dsudis writes doesn’t click for me personally, even though it’s always fantastically written. and then sometimes I end up completely fucking engrossed in a generation kill au about sentient wolves. you do not need to know anything about generation kill. or wolves. just go for it.
- usual tilt of the hat to @rageprufrock for making me have endless, ENDLESS feelings about that dude from the social network. among a plethora of other things. pru enjoys long walks on the beach and ripping your soul out through your chest while you wail in confused gratitude. have fun.