What are your least favorite things about Sonally?
- The way it morphed Sonic’s character into something totally unrecognizable to suit it’s agenda, completely ignoring his free and unchained character to shoehorn him into swapping spit with alarming regularity with their pet character.
- It’s over-prominence. It would be inserted in a fanboyetic manner with little rhyme or reason. Of particular note here is a moment in #225 of intense tonsil hockey action wherein both are right in the middle of a damn mission of all things to disable the extremely threatening Death Egg.
- The impression that these two characters have no real chemistry to start with. Can someone please tell me what was ever compelling about this pairing. Specifically how it was written? Because to me, I never got the smallest impression that these characters were positively made for each other like the fanboys on deck seemed to want to emphasize.
- The fact that it’s existence had a big part of the positively painful love dodecahedrons that spawned from all of the fixation on romance. Sonic is not a romance series. It’s better off for not being one if you ask me. But Archie were treating it like it was. This led to genuinely agonizing results and was a factor that led to what was IMO the worst story the book had ever seen - House of Cards. As well as other annoying stories i.e “Heart Held Hostage”
- And last but not least; The mistreatment and mischaracterization of Amy to make this pairing as well as Sally look better by comparison.