Why does it seem like dazai has his own harem?
Well, maybe I’m not the best person to answer this, because I’m not Dazai’s #1 fan. If I have to be completely honest, it took me a very long time to tolerate him, even longer when it came to actually like him.
I can’t deny that it’s true, everyone seem to have a crush on him and I wondered why, because I really couldn’t find an answer to that question, a reason for all of them to be so utterly obsessed with him. To me, he was just a dramatic asshole who was taking advantage of everyone’s weaknesses.
But now I’m watching BSD for the second time, and maybe I found some answers. Dazai is like an upgraded version of Oikawa. He could be treated as the best character ever or as the most toxic of them all.
They have so much in common if you think about it. Dazai is strong, perfectly aware of his abilities, scary, manipulative, the team mastermind, he likes to toy with people and he always acts according to an ulterior motive. At the same time, he’s probably the most charismatic character in BSD, he’s beautiful, a natural leader, charming, funny, sometimes even an adorable dork. In one word: irresistible.
It’s incredible to look at the effect Dazai has on people:
- you have Chuuya who’s still fixated on him after FOUR YEARS, he says he hates him but at the same time he put his own life in Dazai hands literally the fist time they went back on a mission together (???????)
- you have Akutagawa, for whom my hear aches every time. His only life purpose is to be validated by him and honestly Dazai look what you have done to this child, he’s permanently emotionally bruised
- you have Kunikida who’s constantly annoyed by him but at the same time he always gets along with his tantrums
- you have Atsushi who thank god is the only one who seems to take none of his shit, despite having had his “Dazai phase” as well in the very beginning. (THE PINKIES IN THE ED HONESTLYYYYYYYY)
- you have Fukuzawa who’s quite fond of him too and lets him do basically whatever he wants
- Even our constantly unenthusiastic Ranpo seem to to enjoy working with Dazai (tbh their relationship is quite endearing, I feel like Dazai has a soft spot for him somehow)
- The only person who had a normal relationship with Dazai was Oda but of course he’s dead
He may not be the official protagonist of BSD, but Dazai is for sure the center of everyone’s attention. Every turning point in the story revolves around him, every single thing that happens just follows his big mental plan. He has that attitude of his, he looks so carefree and uncaring that every time he shows some affection people feel like they’ve been blessed by some kind of god.
To answer your question, I don’t know why they all love him so much. It’s just the Dazai effect, I guess.
and he’s a fine pice of ass ok we can’t deny that I mean look at him