some things i have learnt in my 20 years of life
I’m turning 20 this week so i thought i would do something to acknowledge what i have been through
1. Do not force anyone to be in your life. This took me a long time to accept and learn. If they want to be part of your life they will, no matter how bad you want them you can not force them to you. It’s not fair on the person or you.
2. Always put education before work. Don’t let your boss bully you and learn to say no.
3. Do things in your own time and when you are ready, it’s okay if you bloom slower than others.
4. Family and community is so important. If you don’t have a safe family or are not close to them, find a new one. Family doesn’t have to be related. I have learnt how important it is to have them close to you.
5. REST! and don’t feel guilty about it. Being a human is hard. Be kind to yourself.
6. Make sure to do the boring stuff, like cleaning your room,, checking emails, washing, dishes ect. These are so vital to having a healthy mind.
7. Sometimes the people you admire the most and care about hugely are the worst people for you. Remember to take off the rose colored glasses.
8. If you are lost, you are just finding your way.