Cosima and Delphine, Orphan Black (The Few Who Dare, 5x01)
OK, I’m gonna really REALLY really need - at some point in the lifespan of show!OL - Claire to tenderly kiss Jamie’s scars/booboos! I long to see it. Its just one of my fave things Claire ever does in the books.
🌸 Happy 19th to the sweetest cherry blossom aka @dangerouswomans!!!! Thank you for being so lovely and producing the best content honestly where would my dash be without dangerouswomans??? sending you so much love and hugs lo, I love you and have the most amazing birthday my sweet 🌸
So I went through the little chats that you get when you open the Mystic Messenger app and decided to upload all of the conversations! Since Tumblr has a photo posting limit, I’ll upload a few conversations at a time, so please bear with me! These took me forever to find and screenshot them all so please do not re-post these! Thank you and enjoy!!
Would you buy a car or an apartment from Craigslist?
Okay. So I know it took me forever. But…
Craigslist Buying 101
1. Pictures. Pictures are so important! Please disregard any post on Craigslist that does not have images of the exact product that you’re going to be purchasing. Not a similar product- the exact product! This applies to:
It’s so easy to upload photos to the internet in this day and age, if the poster did not upload photos, they had a reason for it. Please do not involve yourself with sketchy people. There’s actually an option to filter out any posts without pictures in them on the Craigslist sidebar.
2. Professional. Disregard any posts with spelling errors and obvious grammatical errors. Any person who does not check their post for stupid errors is not worth your time. They’re trying to sell something to you- do they not care about the sale???
3. Information. The more information posted- the better. Theoretically you should be able to read an apartment posting on Craigslist and know the monthly rent, what utilities (if any) are included, the pet policy, etc. If the person literally did not write any information on the post other than a stupid one-liner like “great apartment for students” then skip skip skip.
4. Phone conversation. Has everything checked out? Ask to speak to the person over the phone to set up an appointment to go see whatever you’re looking to purchase. Do not agree to meet up with someone over email or text, you need to actually hear them talk before going anywhere. Know that they’re who they say they are! If they refuse to talk to you over the phone, RUN.
5. “Student”. In my personal experience, it’s better to avoid dealings with anyone who stresses the fact that you’re “young” or a “student”. Why should it matter what you’re age is? Many people will think that just because you’re young that you will automatically have low self confidence and be easy to push around. I hate these people.
6. Bring a friend. This is the most important rule of Craigslist buying- always bring backup. The more- the merrier. Here are some examples of who you can bring:
That one Uncle who is super hairy
Your co-worker Loris
Your elderly neighbor who can’t hear well
Your D&D squad
Literally anyone you trust
Never agree to meet a stranger by yourself, and always let the person you’re meeting know that you’re bringing your posse. They should not have a problem with this.
7. Check it out. When you arrive at the agreed upon location with your posse, make sure to fully check out whatever you’re looking to purchase. I have another post about checking out potential apartments, but here’s what I’d look for in a potential car:
Ask the seller to meet you at a local car repair shop. Either they or you can set up an inspection, but make sure that you are both there to hear the results. This guarantees that the car is road safe. There is no other way to guarantee that the car is not a lemon, a professional needs to do an assessment. Do not buy the car until a mechanic puts on an inspection sticker.
If the mechanic suggests that anything needs to be fixed on the car, the seller should pay for the repairs of give you a discount.
Ask the mechanic to raise the car so that you can check for rust.
Open all the compartments in the car.
Check out any seat or upholstery damage.
Does the radio/CD player work? How will you play your tunes?
Do the windows roll up and down?
Does the heat/AC work?
Does the defogger/defroster work?
Does the horn work?
Do the windshield wipers need to be repaired?
Ask what type of tires the car has. Are they all-weather? Will the car need snow tires?
When was the last time the car’s oil was changed?
Are the headlights bright?
Do the lights inside the car work?
Are their heated seats? Do they work?
If it’s a convertible- does the top open smoothly?
Are there any dents visible on the inside our outside?
Is there any rust?
Are you going to be given a discount if there is?
Does it come with license plates or will you need to buy your own?
Ask to test drive the car. Test breaks, acceleration, etc.
8. Price. The price for said item should not have changed at all now that you’re there in person. If it has, decline to do business. Remember to stand your ground! Loris will help you.
And finally- if you are buying a car, please read your state’s DMV’s page on the required forms. Here is the one for NY.
“I’M COMPLETE. I SHOULD BE HERE. I SHOULD BE HERE. He reached out towards them again, his eyes wide. HAND HIM OVER!“
*violently throws art at 1nky* IT’S DONE!
Fanart of @that1nkyone‘s wonderful GB!AU fanfic “Spectrum” that you should really be reading if you enjoy the AU, transformations, bone-monsters, a whole lot of PEW PEW pew PEWBWAAARG SHING bduuiiiiiiiiIIIIIIII PEW and a interesting take on Gaster and his crew. It’s good shit.
* Don’t use without my permission, and please do not re-upload/re-post this anywhere <3
Some closeups (without blur) below the cut.
Oh yea and here’s a video of the art-progress over Here! (link)
Under the cut there are exactly #234 gifs of actress, SAMIRA WILEY requested by anonymous. They are what I deem to be roleplayable. I didn’t create any of the original gifs, I simply cropped and resized them. A majority of the gifs were created by @mochiwrites. Here’s the link to their gifs, so give them some love. The rest of these gifs were also taken from here, here and here. If you see your gif here and would like it taken down, please message me privately. Please like/reblog if use or you’re a rph.
Making these darn things takes forever (3 days, I mean)… It wasn’t supposed to take this long, but I’ve kept forgetting things I planned so had to go back to remake ugh. I’d better take a break and make something else. Or maybe I should play Parenthood. I bought it right away when it came out but haven’t played it at all. Well, typical me.
Oh… I even haven’t uploaded my legacy play screenshots that I took 2 months ago. idk if it is the game itself which keeps getting me bored of this game, or it is just the legacy family. Hmm, maybe both? Hope Parenthood gets me motivated like TS3 Generation did to me.