Jonathan Drouin has created a condom monopoly at the school, which wouldn’t normally be a problem except the grocery store slash drugstore on campus is really awfully stocked and everyone wants to get laid without dying or becoming surprise parents.
“You ever use any of these yourself?” Nate asks Jo one day as Jo gives a handful of condoms to Mitch Marner in exchange for gum and a six-pack of coke.
Jo slaps a condom into Nate’s hand, which is a weird answer because Nate wasn’t asking for any - it’s not like he has anyone to use them with - and then he heads into his room, throwing an inviting look over his shoulder and - oh.
brooklyn nine nine is really good to us when it comes to friendships, because every character has such unique friendships and bonding scenes with the others but i dont think we talk about rosas and charles friendship enough because damn:
- we start the show with charles being head over heels for rosa, who is clearly not interested
- rosa tells him, very clearly, that she thinks hes sweet and really likes him as a friend but shes not interested in dating him
- it takes charles some time to get over her, but he does!! apologizes for being weird and making her uncomfortable!! and they go on having an incredibly strong and close friendship!!
- at one point charles even takes a bullet for her, which could have led to the whole “just give him a chance” trope but nope b99 doesnt do that bs, they talk it out and they never end up together
- they are so close that charles even helps rosas bf to plan for her birthday because he knows her so well!! she loves it!!
- rosa asks charles to be her bridesmaid because they are so close and she knows charles would love that!! he does!!
- charles plans her the best bachelorette party and rosa absolutely loves it!! she gets so excited she literally lifts charles up from the floor??
- sometimes between working cases they go to have foot massages together?? that was so cute??
- charles helps rosa text her boyfriend?? because shes not that great at pickup lines?? how cute??
- the writers could have easily opted to go with the “less attractive man falls for his way hotter coworker whos not interested but ends up giving him a chance because he is nice (and wont stop pestering her)” trope but instead we got this beautiful beautiful brotp