Millie please make one of those amazing posts of yours for Howon too. I love it when non-Howon biased people praise him. Also he deserves all the love but there is still prejudice towards him (thankfully it's less now compared to few years back) So let's spread Holove 💜 - infnthoya
Of course I am more than happy to make a post about our wonderful HoyaYahoHoya! Especially for you @infnthoya !
You can see the previous posts (Sunggyu/Woohyun/Sungyeol) here!
1. DANCE GOD HOYA
Okay but before I say anything else, this performance he did on Hit The Stage with the amazing (queen) Choi Hyojin still reduces me to tears because it is PERFECTION and it really showcases the fact that Hoya can dance in a different style to his usual go-to hip hop moves!
The theme for that episode was This Love and although everyone’s performances were great, Hoya and Hyojin absolutely deserved their win because this was ART and totally projected all this raw emotion and I will never get over it.
Hoya is INFINITE’s main dancer and it’s not hard to see why. Over the years it’s been amazing to see him improve and build on his skills and talents. He actually dropped out of high school to pursue dance, even though his family were against this decision. He did eventually get his high school diploma, but it took a while for his relationship with his family (and his father in particular) to be mended again.
It’s great to see that nowadays, Hoya’s name is often mentioned when people talk about the greatest dancers in k-pop. He is more than deserving of it.
2. THAT VOICE THOOOOOOUGH!
Although Hoya started out as one of INFINITE’s rapper line, he’s had vocal lines in songs for a looooong long time. However, not everyone noticed how much his voice had actually improved until INFINITE’s more recent albums. In 2015 Hoya opened up his own YouTube channel and surprised everyone by posting his first cover - Zion T’s Kiss Me. He followed this up weeks later with an English cover song, an acoustic arrangement of Ariana Grande’s Problem. Although he hasn’t been as active as we might like on the channel, it’s a goldmine that shows of how wonderfully soothing and great his voice is. My personal favourite so far is his cover of 이게아닌데 (This Ain’t It) by Taeyang. But for some nice visuals, check out my second fave (and another English cover), John Legend’s All Of Me.
Then of course, there’s the fact that he got into the composing game just like fellow member Woohyun. The song One Day on INFINITE’s 2016 album INFINITE Only was co-written by Hoya and was performed on music shows during promotions for 태풍 (The Eye). He also wrote and composed his own track 아무렇지 않은 척 (Pretending It’s Okay), which he performed on 4Things Show. This song seriously gets stuck in my head all the time and I really wish he’d upload a full version on his channel or that it might feature on an INFINITE/INFINITE H album in the future. On top of all of this, Hoya has always been involved in writing his own raps ~~
One of the first things I watched that had an INFINITE member in it was Reply 1997. And in that (incredible) drama, Hoya played Kang Joonhee. And that character was an ANGEL. He played the role so well, so convincingly. I really connected with his character and Hoya was praised a lot for his role. This is my absolute favourite scene of all time. Excuse me while I go cry.
Hoya has also starred in: Reply 1994 (cameo as Joonhee), My Lovely Girl (alongside member Myungsoo), Mask and as a lead role in the movie Hiya. Currently he is in both Strong Family and Radiant Office. Despite the fact that Lee Howon is an awkward baby, his acting skills are A+++++ so pleeeeeease check out everything he has starred in so far.
4. AND EVERYTHING ELSE!
I feel like I got way too emo in this post, but genuinely I love Lee Howon so much and wish he was my best friend tbh. Here are some more things I think everyone needs to know about him:
- His sexy, R-rated solo stages. Okay so… these speak for themselves.
- His weird jokes that only he finds funny. Honestly, prime DadJoke material.
- Hoya’s passionate hard work. Not only does he dance and dance and dance some more, even to the point of injury (that happened because he danced too hard on an existing weak ankle to ‘impress everyone in the audience’) and well into the night, he also worked hard to speak in Seoul dialect so he could be easily understood by fans.
- Overwhelming love and affection for his fans. Everyone always says Woohyun is the fan service king in INFINITE and while that may be true, Hoya is definitely fierce competition. Just look at how many V Live broadcasts the boy has done, his Instagram stories and frequent updates, and the song he covered as a dedication to Inspirit.
- His relationships with the other INFINITE members, whether it’s the gag-duo of Sunggyu + Hoya (HOBAK GOGYUMA), the affectionate Dongwoo + Hoya couple (INFINITE H), awkward bros Woohyun + Hoya, brother-like love Sungjong + Hoya…. he matches so well with every member in different ways.
- Those eyebrows, that jawline…. His visuals are no joke.
And here concludes me pouring all my repressed Hoya feels into one long ass post. I really hope you all enjoy it and please love Lee Howon just a little bit more than you did before.