Listen, all you had to do was type up two words but you are my favourite person right now.
I have sooooo many songs on my phone that remind me of Bellarke its absolutely ridiculous. I legit sent my friend like 30 Bellarke-y songs because she makes fanvids and wanted material. I got you covered nonny. ;)
I just want it to be noted that a lot of these songs I had in mind for Bellarke following the events of Season 2 or during Season 3, whereas some are specific to Season 4 and others just remind me of Bellarke’s dynamic in general. So I’ll try to point out which belongs where.
I also did an analysis on certain songs that reminded me of characters/relationships of The 100 back when I first created my Tumblr so there are a few songs in this list that I literally have a full-length analysis of the lyrics and description as to why it reminds me of Bellarke, so I’ll link you in case you are interested why I chose those ones.
1. Run - RHODES (based on Clarke leaving after Season 2)
2. Where’s my love? - Syml (LISTEN I KNOW THIS IS A STYDIA SONG BUT I DON’T WATCH TEEN WOLF SO I HAVE NO CONTEXT FOR IT AND I HEARD IT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A BELLARKE FANVID SO IF YOU WATCH TEEN WOLF PLEASE TRY TO SEPARATE THIS SONG FROM STYDIA FOR A MOMENT BECAUSE LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE LYRIC IS BELLARKE AF AFTER CLARKE RAN AWAY IN 2X16 I KID YOU NOT)
3. All About You - Birdy
4. Home - RHODES (This one I found after following Season 2 so it is definitely related to Clarke leaving but it is more directly related to the “home theme” regarding Bellarke, so its still very accurate going into Season 4)
5. Armor - Landon Austin (lol i don’t even have this song in my phone but the lyrics make metaphors about war and stuff like that work quite nicely when you make them literal in the universe of The 100)
6. Right Here - Ashes Remain (this one isn’t on my phone either but Bellarke-y lyrics so *shrugs*)
7. Dark Doo Wop - MS MR (This song has a darker vibe but its incredibly fitting in the context of Season 4 - I really like it)
8. One Last Time - Jaymes Young (this song is gorgeous and one of my absolute favourites. It definitely reminds me very specifically of Clarke leaving in Season 2 but it can be related to any of their separations - or future separations - and would still be accurate)
9. You & I - RHODES (feat. the “Together” theme)
10. Shattered - Trading Yesterday (I die every time)
11. Little Do You Know - Alex & Sierra (this song is so Bellarke it’s ridiculous like holy shit)
12. Fragments - Jaymes Young (this song is also so Bellarke it’s ridiculous holy shit)
13. Beautiful Crime - Tamer (I really love this song and its for Bellarke in Season 3A mostly. You can read my analysis on it here if you are interested in the more technical reasons why I believe this song is Bellarke.
14. Somebody - RHODES (this is for Bellarke in Season 3 again, and you can read the analysis I wrote a few months ago here. This song is Bellarke af I promise)
15. I Found - Amber Run (this is mostly based around Clarke and Bellamy separating mid-season two and Clarke’s gradual downward spiral - “and I’ll use you as a warning sign that if you talk enough sense then you’ll lose your mind”. Again, I wrote an analysis on this one here as well.)
16. This Is What It Takes - Shawn Mendes (I think its funny that Shawn was on the show and that The 100 is his favourite show because I enjoy humouring myself with the prospect that he was slightly influenced by Bellarke ;) Anyway this song mainly reminds me of Bellarke a) because of a fanvideo but b) the lines that sa “you don’t have to do this on your own” and “let me be the one to bare your pain” remind me of Bellamy’s “you don’t have to do this alone” from 2x16.)
17. Raise Your Love - RHODES (I just really love RHODES, k?)
18. Neptune - Sleeping At Last (I have so much love for this song and it hurts me)
19. Waves (ACCOUSTIC VERSION) - Dean Lewis (I DON’T WATCH RIVERDALE BUT APPARENTLY THIS SONG IS FROM THERE? ANYWAY I LITERALLY DON’T CARE BECAUSE THIS SONG IS TOTALLY A BELLARKE SONG AND ITS SO BEAUTIFUL AND IT GENUINELY MAKES ME CRY SO PLEASE LISTEN AND THINK OF BELLARKE AND CRY TOO)
20. Pieces - Andrew Belle
21. Mars - Sleeping At Last
22. White Blood - Oh Wonder
23. When It’s All Over - RAIGN
24. Who Am I Living For? - Katy Perry (a very different mood than most of her songs and definitely one of my favourites of hers)
25. Cover Us - Natalie Taylor
26. Light - Sleeping At Last
Okay, nonny. That should be enough. I hope you enjoy!
And for anyone reading this, let me know which ones you liked and what your personal favourite Bellarke songs are because I’m always looking for new music.
Hello friends! I was finally able to get the musical ball rolling again and I’m back with some TAZ filk. I didn’t write this one, but I did do some orchestration to it and honestly just had a really, really good time. This is a cover of the song Ravens Roost, originally written and performed by @scribefindegil.
Thank you so much to her for letting me cover this absolutely gorgeous song! I’ve been in love with it since I heard it a few months ago, and I finally got around to doing a cover of it. Like I said before, I had a BLAST putting this together. Between layering tracks and writing harmonies, it was just a really really good time.
We are one step away from the end of My Lisbon Story. Let’s delay the moment of departure by listening to Paixão (Passion), an absolutely fantastic song and gorgeous video by Mariza: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVd67KHKqQ
When I listen to this song, I think about my return to film photography and those words by Howard Thurman come to mind: Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it.
This is probably a silly question, but have you done Dear Evan Hansen for the musical ratings yet? :)
Not a silly question at all! I was hoping someone would send me a DEH one!
(Also, I had one other person asking me to do a rating for Dear Evan Hansen, but I somehow managed to delete their ask while I was trying to answer it on mobile? So, my apologies if that was you!)
I know Jared’s in my URL and all, but I’m gonna have to say that Evan’s my favorite character. I relate to him a lot.
Least Favorite Character:
Ugh, I guess … Larry Murphy?
I think it’s a dead tie between Waving Through a Window and Sincerely, Me. I could listen to Sincerely, Me for hours on repeat and it’s soooo fun, but Waving Through a Window is such an accurate portrayal of what social anxiety is like and it’s absolutely gorgeous.
Least Favorite Song:
I’m gonna have to go with To Break in a Glove. Ugh, I’m really giving Michael Park the short end of the stick here.
Favorite Current Cast Member:
Probably Act 1. It’s happier and it has most of my favorite songs (I’m sure you guys are seeing a trend here)
Uggggggh it’s a tough one but I’m gonna have to go with Jared and Evan.
Least Favorite Ship:
I don’t really have one?
If There is Something I’d Change About the Musical:
I’d like it if there was some kind of resolution for the fights that Evan had with Jared and Alana. Like, I know that really undermines the point of the whole musical but I’d still really like it if Jared and Evan had at least made up by the end of the musical, since they were kinda in on the whole thing together.
I have so many fave poems omg !! I adore the 'Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock' of course, but for smith a bit lowkey I really love 'Lady and Fox', the language is absolutely gorgeous.
Here’s the whole poem to
Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock. But my favourite bit:
“For I have known them all already, known them all: Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons, I have measured out my life with coffee spoons; I know the voices dying with a dying fall Beneath the music from a farther room. So how should I presume?”
Today we have the first tense that many coursebooks teach - the present imperfect! This tense is marked by putting the prefix می on the present stem of a verb, and then applying the present endings. For example, let’s conjugate the verb ماندن mândan “stay” (present stem مان mân):
In case the 6 different endings aren’t clear: these are used to mark who’s doing the action of a sentence. So if I am the one staying, I would use the form میمانم mimânam. In case you can’t read the Persian on the far left, the forms are: I, you, he/she (there’s no difference in Persian), we, you (plural), they.
So now that you know how the tense is made, we can talk about what it means. This is basically Persian’s standard present tense, and like the English present, it’s used for an action that hasn’t been completed and often can imply a habitual action. In addition to meaning the present, however, this tense is also very commonly used for the future. Persian does have a future tense, but it’s very formal sounding and the present is generally just used instead. How you know whether a sentence in this tense is in the present or future essentially comes down to context.
There’s one more thing to address: you might have noticed from the “Tenses: Introduction and Explanation” article that there was a past simple and a past imperfective, while there’s only a present imperfective. The truth is, the present simple does exist: you just remove the می. While it does mean the same thing as the present imperfective, the present simple is also very archaic sounding, so the reason I didn’t include it on the table is that realistically you don’t have to learn it for a long time unless you want to be reading poetry. If you want a fun example, there’s the Rumi poem من چه دانم man che dânam “What do I know”, made into an absolutely gorgeous song by Shahram Nazeri.
This track, the base theme from Mushishi’s first season, has inspired the last 1,000 words of Wolf of the West - and continuing on! So I thought I’d share, even though I’ve already posted today’s song of the day.
This OST is absolutely gorgeous in its entirety, I recommend it to everyone, and the series too!
I saw SHINee live in March (I think?) and I can’t even explain how unreal Taemin’s stage presence is when you are in the same room as him. He totally owns the stage and makes you pay attention to him.
Overall, I think my favourite performances were Door, I’m Crying, and Flame of Love. He was dancing so hard for the first few songs that I really didn’t know how he was going to have the stamina to keep going, but they did some really cool (and smart) performances in between the dance-heavy songs to give him a bit of a breather.
Door absolutely blew my mind. The song itself is gorgeous (I need to find the lyrics) but the blindfold and the bonds were such a unique touch. The way that he danced with the bonds and was pulling at them as if to get free was so mesmerizing. Does anyone know if the song’s lyrics fit with what they did for the stage?
It was so amazing how quiet the crowd was. I think they were as stunned as the rest of us by not only his vocals (namely in the ballads because I do think he was lip syncing or at least singing quietly for the dance-heavy numbers which is totally to be expected) but also his dancing and the way that he moves through the space. He makes you feel the emotion of the song with his whole body. He has such a gift.
Taemin was born to perform. That’s all I can say. I’m speechless.