this seems really silly but

Fire & Desire | 1

“Kim Seokjin is everything you don’t want in a man. Cocky, full of himself and oh so annoying. And that’s what makes him the perfect fuck buddy. Because it’s not like you could ever see him as anything more than a heartless player… right?”

pairing: seokjin x reader
genre: smut, fuckboy!jin, dom!Jin
wordcount: 10.1k
a/n: *that* shower scene inspired by this picture!

part one

Keep reading

2

that feeling when your rival, Kenny Omega, blows you a kiss

* The sound of progressive metal fills you with determination.

i had a request a little while back for charlie making nick flustered so. here you go

DATING CAMILA MENDES WOULD INCLUDE

since nobody is writing about how camila is sooooooooo girlfriend material (and im so in love with her), here it is:


•  it all started with you two being good friends, and as friends, you kept getting closer and closer

when she found out that you were into girls she smiled so big for herself 

• bc you were this cute girl that since she looked at you she wanted to get to know better 

• at first you texted a lot, and everytime she saw something funny she sended it to you

• bc she knew it would make you laugh and that would make her really happy

• then you started hanging out everytime that she wasnt filming for riverdale, like in between takes you’d go to where she was and take her to grab lunch or something

• you tried getting spoilers from her but even tho she really trusted you already she couldnt tell anything

• but she loved how you got so frustrated bc you. needed. to. know.

• so she teased you a lil bit, saying things like ”this may or may not happen”

HOW SHE ASKED YOU TO BE HER GIRLFRIEND before that everybody thought you were a couple anyway

• you were sick, like really sick, so she being the caring “friend” that she is showed up at your place w some soup, and why not flowers (something that she learnt from playing veronica) 

• even tho you melted when you saw her with all of that, you didnt want her around  because you were afraid shell get sick too

• but she didnt care, she sat right next to you on the couch and put some movie on netflix

• you were falling asleep with your head on her shoulder and she was looking at you, playing with your fingers

• she probably wanted to ask you to be his girlfriend “properly” like, with a long speech  and give you maybe some chocolate or candy

• but while looking at you the words spilled from her mouth

• “hey do you wanna me like, my girlfriend?”

• “what”

• “what”

• both of you started laughing and oFC YOU SAID YES I MEAN

• so thats how you started dating

• thats when all the fun began hehehe jk

• her phone and yours would be filled with silly photos of you two

• you know that video of her cooking and laughing about it in her ig story? you’d have tons of them doing mostly everything

• like one day, she took your phone while you were showering bc she was bored and her phone didnt have any battery, and going through your camera roll she found this video you took from her while she was watching her favorite movie because you loved how her eyes lighted up whenever her favorite scene was on the screen and how loud she screamed when something “surprising” happened even tho she watched it thousands of times

• she would do the same, because you’d have that kind of relationship

• she comments on every single one of your pics, really short comments like “i love you” “im in love” “mOM” “gorgeous” “mine”

• her mom loves you, and likes to cook for you bc she seems so nice and lovely

• when she is mad over something really silly, she starts speaking portuguese and you just stare at her while she’s screaming walking around the room until she let it all out

• “i was doing it again?” “yup” “im sorry”

• but theres times where you two are cuddling facing eachother and she is putting your hair behind your ear while smiling and shed say “eu tenho tanta sorte“ or “você é tão bonita”

• you wouldnt get anything of what she said (and she probably wouldnt tell you) but youd smile so big because you knew it was something nice and when she speaks in another language is the cutest thing ever

• PDA !!!!! lots of pda

• but not the annoying type like sucking eachother faces in public, but holding hands, long hugs, cheek kisses, forehead kisses !!!

• at least twice a week you go out to eat or have a cute coffee date, talking bout life sitting infront of eachother, holding hands over the table

• she never fails to make you laugh, she’s always doing goofy things or trying to imitate someone (and failing)  just to put a smile on your face

• its 2:34 AM, the lights are gone, the only source of light is coming from your computer screen and you two are dancing in the living room to some random spotify playlist

• you can go from steamy hot makeout session on the couch to sloppy slow kisses filled with love

• she sings to you whenever you ask her 

• she is probably singing 24/7 GOD BLESS HER ANGELIC VOICE

• but if you’re having a rough time or you’re feeling sad, she sings to you in a low tone kinda whispering, while smiling sweetly 

• i dont think she is the jealous type  ? but if anyone is looking at you in a way that they shouldn’t she’d wrap an arm around your waist, not like in a “she’s mine back off” type of way, but in a sweet “i love her dont steal her from me” type of way im crying 

• SHE. IS. A. TEASER. LIL. ****

• you tried cooking together, but you endend up getting too “distracted” and burning the whole thing

• “lets order pizza” “but i dont want pizza” “what do you want?” “you”

• she appreciates you and loves you so much bc if she is dating you she is 100% focused on you so she wouldnt be the annoying cheesy type, but definitely cheesy

• when she is away filming or busy with her work she sends you selfies doing funny faces, or videos at set with the cast, or a pouty selfie with a “cant wait to get home :(” that makes you melt inside who wouldnt

• PET NAMES !!! she probably calls you “love/babe/gorgeous”

• and she is your little nugget, of course

• play nights at your place with her friends (and yours) happen a little too often, because is everything you love and need: wine, charades, friends, and eachother

PLAYING CHARADES AND SHE BEING THE ONE TO GUESS WILL BE KINDA LIKE THIS: “oh oh oh i know that one!” “pETER PAN!” “no??? mmmm aLICE IN WONDERLAND!” “what, no?” “WHAT THE HECK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN BABE?!?!?” “no wAY IT WAS F HAPPY FEET”

but it doesnt matter is you win or lose the game at the end of the night, bc she’d wrap her arms around you and say “i win, i have you”

i love her so so so so much okay?????? it ends right here before i start crying she is the most precius lil bean bye

tw: @softnessmalik
Law of Inertia- Motivation Spell

Y’all know I am am a huge science nerd- this is the product of that. 

This spell is designed for those days when you have a lot to do- and cannot bring yourself to do any of it. This has been happening to me a lot recently (hello depression) and I absolutely hate feeling lethargic- especially when it has an impact on my practice and my school work. 

So this is my solution. Super simple and effective-pure intent. 

(Reminder that I am not a doctor or a mental health professional and that witchcraft is never a substitute for professional medical care.)

You will need: 

  • A detailed list of things to do. A great tip for spoonie witches: break things down into the smallest tasks if you need to.  Seems silly-really helps. 
  • One caffeinated beverage of your choice. If it’s late at night, try something with natural sugars (like fruit). 
  • Things to make sigils (optional)
  • One charged crystal of choice (optional) 

Step 1:

Have you: eaten, drank water, slept, taken all of your medication, and showered in the last 24-36 hours? If the answer is no, do that first, unless you are using this spell to motivate yourself for self-care. In either case, spells are much more effective when your body and mind are well-maintained. 

Step 2: 

Make/acquire caffeinated beverage of choice. 

Step 3: 

Plant your feet firmly beneath you, hip-width apart. Roll your shoulders down and back. Take a deep breath and exhale, focusing on how the air moves through you. The air is always in motion, never completely still. Even once it’s inside our lungs, it continues to flow in and out of our cells as it travels through our system. (trust the anatomy nerd)

Step 4: 

Take a long drink of your beverage. As you swallow, focus on the energy inside the cup and how it is becoming a part of you. Think of Newton’s First Law of Motion: An object in motion will stay in motion. The energy in your drink will stay in motion inside your cells. 

Step 5: 

Finish your drink, and get moving. Repeat if necessary. 

You also have the option of keeping a charged crystal in your pocket or wearing it as pendant. (Clear quartz works great for general energy). You can also draw energy producing sigils on your list of things to do, your mug, or your skin. The main goal is to get moving, because it’s easier to continue than it is to start. 

And that’s it! I hope this helps anyone who needs it. If you’ve got any ideas for additions or substitutions, feel free to submit them. My inbox is always open for questions/concerns/proclamations of love. 

Many blessings! - Kate

I was going through my old posts and I found one just after “Tiger Millionaire” where I was like “I think Pearl might be my favorite”

and, just, buddy… you have no idea

anonymous asked:

I feel silly asking but do you happen to have the lineart for your art Messenger I think it's called? The stag with the white flag and arrows in it's feet, I love that so much I've been considering it as a tattoo since you don't seem to mind people doing that.

Hey don’t feel silly! I’m really happy you like the piece enough to consider tattooing it. Here are the lines–tumblr doesn’t let me put hi-res images into my asks, so you can grab a quality version from my tattoo lines masterpost! 

anonymous asked:

can you sort the percy Jackson characters into Hogwarts houses?

YES. 

okay so let’s all remember: Gryffindor- ‘courage, bravery, nerve and chivalry’, Hufflepuff -‘hard work, patience, justice and loyalty’, Ravenclaw- ‘intelligence, creativity, learning and wit’, and Slytherin- ‘ambition, cunning, leadership and resourcefulness’. 

Annabeth Chase- Ravenclaw, she’s definitely one of the easier ones when it comes to this. While she would fit nicely into other houses, her intelligence and wit are almost always what saves her ass. She’s a great fighter but she prefers talking her way out of situations, disarming her enemies with words. Not to mention she had Arachne weave her own trap on the spot, like, come on. 

Thalia Grace- Slytherin. She could definitely fit into Gryffindor, but Thalia’s very ambitious, resourceful as hell, and her fatal flaw is literally being power hungry. She slides into leadership roles automatically and gets enraged when someone tries to question her authority or ability (see: all her fights with Percy, ever). She’s definitely most at home in this house. 

Luke Castellan- Hufflepuff. He’s literally a poster boy for the puffs before he joins Kronos. ‘But wait,’ you say, ‘he should be Slytherin, he was cunning and resourceful and leading Kronos’ army!’ NO HE WASN’T. He was following Kronos’ orders and acting like a mouthpiece 90% of the time! Luke had a strong sense of loyalty- and it was used against him. He had a strong sense of justice- and he felt everyone the gods wronged deserved that. He was a hard worker and crazy patient as a camp counselor and those traits came into play when he was working for Kronos. This boy is a Hufflepuff. He also personally recovered Kronos’ remains, so, like, he’s even a particularly good finder. 

Grover Underwood- Hufflepuff. Honestly I shouldn’t even really have to explain this one, but: there’s a reason Pan chose him as a replacement. Grover puts his literal everything into whatever task he’s given, whether that be searching for pan, restoring the wild, or protecting demigods. Unfailingly loyal, extremely patient with all the ridiculous demigods around him, and always willing to fight for what’s right even if he’s scared. I love my hufflepuff goat boy!!! 

Rachel Elizabeth Dare- Gryffindor. She’d fit in so well in Ravenclaw, to the point where I wanna say ‘fuck it’ and put her there, but like…this girl found out the boy she had almost died around twice was half god and immediately believed him and went Ride Or Die for him. She lead a bunch of potentially crazy strangers through the freaking death trap maze on a hunch that she could. She highjacked a helicopter and flew it into a warzone to help her friend. She let an ancient prophetic spirit posses her body even though she knew the last person who tried lost their mind. She hit the titan lord Kronos in the eye with a plastic hairbrush, and then immediately decided that hairbrush was the only weapon she would ever need to defend herself with, even though everyone else around her has swords or fangs. This girl is batshit crazy impulsive and filled to the brim with nerve, Gryffindor is where she belongs. I love her bye. 

Bianca di Angelo- Gryffindor. She was always a little more hesitant than the others, but when push came to shove she always took risks to do what she thought was right. My baby was brave as hell okay. 

Zoe Nightshade- Slytherin. She was a great leader for centuries, and dreamed big for the future of the hunters even when she knew she was going to die. Was literally one of the most pulled together people in this entire series. Resourceful as shit. She was also very set in the ways of her past, a common trait among slytherins- she just couldn’t bring herself to care about the mortal world outside of when it directly effected her, and often put up a fight when she had to conform to it. Slytherins are also often very loyal to their own, and, well, we all remember how her story ended. She would do anything for Artemis. I’m literally still crying over her okay bye. 

Nico di Angelo- Hufflepuff. I will not stand for all these slytherin Nico posts any longer, guys!!! This boy is a hufflepuff!!!!! Holy shit!! Okay, like, the slytherin traits? He hates leadership, his only ambition is to not have severe depression, and??? cunning??? This fucking loser cunning???? Like, sure, he hid the camps from each other but like…not well. Everyone knew he was hiding something, just no one bothered to press him on it that hard lmao. And he doesn’t do ANYTHING for his own personal gain. He belongs in hufflepuff- Nico is loyal to a fault. He’s been double crossed so many times because it just didn’t occur to him that people would take advantage of him, because he personally would never do that to someone. Nico di Angelo has every reason under the sun to want to betray the gods and he just…doesn’t. He never even considers it for a second, because he has a strong sense of right and wrong, and even if he feels like an outsider at camp that’s still the place where his loyalties lie. Percy, as a narrator, has had moments where he’s been suspicious of Nico’s motives, but he’s never once doubted Nico’s intent. He doesn’t always know if he can trust Nico as a friend but he’s absolutely sure Nico will always be an ally. Nico’s an incredibly hard worker even if he doesn’t let it show to the others, but he’s always pushing himself to his absolute limits to help. And like, again, half the time he doesn’t actually have to work so hard to help, some people never really even expect him to help at all- but he goes out of his way because he knows it the right thing to do. He holds grudges and lashes out in anger because his sense of justice is almost overpowering. This kid is a hufflepuff and I’ll actually fight you on it. 

Ethan Nakamura- Gryffindor. He’s…really hard to place, honestly, but I think this spot fits him better than slytherin. Even if he was misguided, he was very brave and had a lot of nerve. 

Charles Beckendorf- Gryffindor. This boy was literally everything Godric Gryffindor had in mind when he created the house. He’s a Gryffindor wet dream. Had a lot of nerve, was a big brother to basically everyone in camp, and readily sacrificed himself for the greater cause. My brave boy I miss him. 

Silena Beauregard- Hufflepuff. She was extremely loyal, even if she put her faith in the wrong people at points. Sacrificed herself trying to do what she knew was right. Very hardworking and always willing to help anybody. I love her sm. 

Clarisse LaRue- Slytherin. Literally who’s more ambitious and resourceful than Clarisse. Who loves taking charge more than Clarisse. No one. No one at all. This girl is 100% Slytherin and she kicks ass doing it. 

Will Solace- Hufflepuff. He tries so hard to help people!!! Patient enough to help Nico work through his shit!! Unfailingly loyal to his ridiculous father!!! Never shown to be anything other than a sweet guy who just wants to do good in the world. This goofball sunshine is precious. 

Jason Grace- Hufflepuff. Jason often finds himself in positions of power, even though he hates being in power, just because he’s the only one people know they can trust 100%. And he does it without complaining, and does everything he can to make sure everyone he’s working with is doing okay. He acts all stoic to try to make people feel more protected but this fucking dork is always stressed, Ride Or Dies for everyone he knows and if you ask him to describe any of his friends he’ll probably tear up while singing their praises to you. He works SO HARD to make sure everything is going okay, and strongly believes in teamwork. He’s patient enough to deal with, like, everyone he’s ever encountered, and always does what’s in the best interest for others. Speaks up to his father about honoring the forgotten gods because he knows it’s what’s right. A total screaming dork and I love my boy. 

Piper McLean- Gryffindor. Like…half of her character arc is dedicated to her learning to be brave and fighting for what’s right. You need a lot of nerve and power to work charmspeak as well as she does, and she’s always ready to pull some ridiculous stunts. She starts out somewhat panicked and timid, but once she starts to grow she realizes that if anything’s gonna get done, it’s because she has to have the balls to do it herself. Will throw herself into dangerous situations, and is fiercely protective of her loved ones. Literally ran into a temple of fear and terror and??? Completely conquered it and took over and used it to wreck a giant???? This girl is a brave badass and nobody should ever mess with her MY GIRL. 

Leo Valdez- Ravenclaw. He??? Is literally a prodigy child??? Like I’m sorry I’m just so sick of people downplaying Leo’s intelligence. He understood complicated mathematics and basic engineering before he hit double digits. He captured and fixed Festus all by himself, in one night, when his entire cabin had been trying to do that for months. He found out he was a demigod and threw himself into studying ancient greek history. He designed the entire Argo, is the only person who can fly it and fully understands how it works, and is also the sole person who keeps it up and running with repairs. He figured out how the spheres work in record time, he’s always able to work out complicated riddles or problems. Remember that time he was about to crash into the ocean and he??? Taped the sphere to his chest and built a functioning personal helicopter to steer and soften his crash in like…under three minutes? That time he casually strolled into a grocery store and got all the stuff he needed to make a bomb in half an hour? He’s always making really little inventions that seem silly but are actually incredibly helpful? He’s hyper and goofy, sure, but Leo’s literally a genius. He’s incrediblely creative and fast thinking, loves learning and is always excited by new things. Please give my boy the credit he deserves. 

Hazel Levesque- Hufflepuff. Hazel is honestly SO HARD to sort because she’d be a model Gryffindor honestly but like…She didn’t have to sacrifice herself to stop Gaea, but she did anyway because she knew it was the right thing to do. She sacrificed eternal happiness because she knew it wasn’t fair for her mother to suffer. She has a very strong sense of justice and is always willing to fight for it. She’s always giving her 110% when she’s working at anything, be it practicing magic or sword fighting, and it really pays off. She deals with her failures with grace and is unwavering when it comes to the people she loves. Queen. 

Frank Zhang- Gryffindor. Literally his Whole Thing is that he has to be brave because he never knows when he’s gonna die. He’s always going to make sacrifices and fight for the people he cares because he’s set on burning bright. He’s got a lot of nerve, he just needs to be pushed to remember its there. A good leader whether he believes he is or not. Even when he’s not feeling confident, courage and bravery are the traits he admires and values most, and that’s what he wants to shoot for. I miss this teddy bear so much. 

Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano - Gryffindor. Like…come on. This is one of the easier ones. She’s one of the most courageous people in the series. She has enough inner strength that she can lend it all to an entire army. She found the bravery to stand up to her father in defense of her sister. She survived being captured by pirates. She threw herself on top of a bomb to protect the Athena Parthenos. My girl is a custom made Gryffindor. 

Calypso- Ravenclaw. She loves learning more than anything else, she’s super creative and ingenuitive, and is taking steps to learn magic again. High hopes for this girl I love her. 

Octavian- Slytherin. Doesn’t need much explanation tbh. Very cunning, very ambitious, very power hungry. Willing to do anything to get his way. Remember that time he like, scammed Apollo and then further scammed his camp into basically making him pope??? Wild. I don’t miss him.

Meg McCaffrey- Gryffindor. She’s pretty hard to place but she’s arguably one of the braver characters, even if she doesn’t believe she is. She gets nervous and scared a lot but she’s often able to push past that and stay strong. Back talks everyone under the sun because she barely gives a fuck. At the end of the day she knows what’s right and wrong, and she wants to help. 

Percy Jackson- Ravenclaw. Listen. Let me explain. First of all, Percy is SO HARD to place and I completely understand all the ridiculous discourse over whether he’s Gryffindor/Hufflepuff/Slytherin, but I NEVER see cases made for Ravenclaw Percy and I think it’s a travesty, because he’d fit in there quite nicely. So, listen, I know the boy has a bit of a bad rep for being slow, but like…most of the time he really isn’t? It’s just one of those things that got exaggerated. Percy’s a very observant person, he just doesn’t exactly always let the other characters know that. He’s not a straight A student, but we do know he’s not awful- a lot of times there will be moments where he directly goes “hey, I remember learning something like this in school!” and applies whatever it is to the situation. Some of his plans have been crazy or ridiculous, but they are creative, usually have some kind of logic behind them, and do often work out for him- when they had to get off the Thrill Ride O’ Love, when he used Thalia’s shield as a sled for them down a hill, when he pulled a stunt similar to that trying to get to camp Jupiter, when he somehow made a pulley system out of chains and pulled his giant half brother off the ground, stuff like that. Like Annabeth, he’s also very good at talking his way out of situations- he doesn’t always like to, but he can absolutely pull it off when he needs to. He’s a very smart talker, honestly, there are multiple instances of him managing to manipulate others into doing what he wants them to (not just the scene with Bob, which gets the most attention bc it was outside of his pov). He’s incredibly witty, in both definitions of the word, and often times it works to his advantage because other characters downplay his intelligence. He has a good sense for battle strategy, and he’s incredibly perceptive about his surroundings, often times picking up on things the others (even Annabeth!) miss. He has a strong intuition and things usually work out when he follows it. There’s more I can use to back this up but this is already long enough, point is- I think Percy is just an unconventional Ravenclaw. Like, upon meeting him you don’t immediately understand why he’s in that house, but it becomes clearer the more he opens up, like Luna, I guess? Anyway, I love my boy and he’s very smart please give him some credit. 

Feel free to send me your guys’ opinions!!! :) 

hello pls ignore the terrible picture lol graphic design is Not my passion. but anyways, i hit my first hundred followers on this blog so i figured i may as well do a ff! i’ve met some really great people ever since i got into kpop and made this blog! even though i’ve only had it since may, i’ve come to really treasure the friendships i’ve made and i also really appreciate every single one of my mutuals, whether they’ve been following me since the beginning or if they’re brand new!

Keep reading

Some Mina/Tooru headcanons for @bnha-femslashweek! Based on the 30th July prompts!

> Tooru is always afraid she won’t stand out for obvious reasons, but Mina is always cheerful and supportive, which makes Tooru rather bashful!

> Tooru loves to compliment Mina, especially her horns, but she never touches them without asking first, as she knows it makes her rather umcorfortable.

> They’re very physical with each other: they love to cuddle and holds hands, and Mina always finds it amusing that because of Tooru’s quirk, it looks like she isn’t holding anything at all!

> When they first met at U.A, Mina was always around Tooru, as she found her quirk fascinating. She would always ask questions about how it worked, if it’s always ‘’on’’; Tooru, altought a bit tired at first, realised she loved to spend her time around Mina and so would always make up excuses for the two of them to be together.

> Due to her quirk, Mina loves spicy foods but Tooru can’t handle them that well; however she only found this on a date with Mina, much to her embarrassment. This happened on their first official date, when Mina suggested both went to her favourite restaurant. with hilarious results!

> Mina falls aspleep very quickly, while it takes Tooru quite a long time. Mina often falls asleep while watching movies, and ends up resting her head on Tooru shoulder, not that she minds one bit! 

hey guys so um i have post limit on my main account @tamenow but um, i just received word that my uncle died today and i’m not really doing okay. he was rushed to the hospital a little while ago and was able to get comfortable in bed but he just couldn’t fight anymore. i know this may seem silly to you all but it would really mean a lot to me if taylor could read her private messages from my main account here on tumblr right now because there’s more personal stuff in there and i don’t know the idea of her just being there or knowing or whatever is comforting right now so if you could help spread word i’d really appreciate it.

Y̑̑ͧͯ̃͛͡OͭU̒̆́R̅̽͊͋̊̀ ͨͪ̃̆͘M͂̑̓͒ͤOͣ͊̒T̛̒̃̿̊̋̃Hͤ͐͆͞E̅̔͗̽R͜ ̽̐͐ͦ͒̓Ẇͦ̊҉A̶ͨ͛͆̎ͥS͋̈ͪ̾͌̚ ̡ͦ̅̇̄̐ͧ̚Á̈́͐́ͥͤ ̛̽͌ͭͨ̑̍H̿͐̚͝Aͦ̂̓͆́Mͭ͗͛͑̒S̽̾͂͊T̀̅̈́͛ͮ̎̒E̛ͣͥ̎ͮͣR̸̆̿̃ͥ̑
ͣ̋̚
ͣͩ͗͢AN̑͋͊͂̂́D̔ ̀̄͒ͩ͗́Y̎ͩ̇̀Oͧ̑̓̌͛͋U͋͊͋͛̍ͧͦR̅ͦ̊͛̊̋ ̢̄ͮͭFͪ͛͢A̴̍ͤ͋ͧ̑ͭ̀T̿͛̓͐̌̉͏H̷̒͛̽Ė̢̌̈ͨ́̌̚Ȓ͐̄ͮ͗̎ ̍ͨ͆̆̆͒͝S̏̊ͪ̉ͬME̡L̢̈̐͛T̂ͧͮ̂ͮ̔ ̾̑̚Ö̢ͩͣ̅̐̈́̂F̵̑͛̒ͧ̈́̚ ͛͆̄̽̅ͦE̡ͣͬͯ̽̍̌͊L̓ͫ͊D̵ͫ̆͑̓È͢R̡̅̇́̚B̨ͥ̄̏̈́ͤÈRŘ̶́̈͊̈Ȉ̓ͮ̔͗ͯE̷̒͂ͭͩ͐̆S̉̐

anonymous asked:

I just watched a movie right up your alley: Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy. Can you maybe help me understand what i just saw???

You asked me to make sense of it all, and here’s my attempt: the reason it comes off as so strange is that it’s a foreign film with a foreign director that tries to duplicate an American comic, so it feels imperceptibly “off,” in much the same way a lot of the Spaghetti Westerns were “off.” It reminds me of how absolutely strange animes turn out to be based on very pedestrian Yankee genres. The oddness is how a different culture filters something and tries to duplicate it. The end result is something very unique.

The one thing that is surprising to people today is how sexual it is. Barbarella, after all, was based on an erotic French comic. In the old days, though, scifi was always lurid and sexual, and like a lot of less than savory genres in our culture, it thrived on heaping dollops of sex and violence. The sex in Barbarella was more normal. I think an attempt has been made to push scifi into respectable territory, so many things from scifi’s sexy past are brushed over. Notice the way Princess Leia’s slave bikini, not exactly a family friendly bit of imagery, is passed over by a slightly embarassed megacorporation. 

You know, it’s funny: Gene Roddenberry once said that the one thing he was never allowed to do in Star Trek’s original series was show what Earth was like in the 23rd Century, since it might be too controversial. In that same vein, I always thought Barbarella’s most interesting question went unanswered, what was the Earth of Barbarella like? Sure, the story is set in the vicious and fascinating City of Night built above the evil Mathmos ooze, but the hints we get about Earth are fascinating. Basically, it seems like a future where the counterculture of the 1960s “won.” There are no wars, sex is done by hand to hand contact after taking pills, and people exist in such a chill perfected state that Barbarella is sincerely baffled when told that Durand Durand wanted to build a weapon…”why would anyone want a weapon?” She’s so unaccustomed to evil and greed that when confronted by it in Durand Durand, she assumes they’re just plain insane. It seems silly now, but in the 1960s, we really thought a kind of enlightenment was possible: war and violence were choices we could ignore. And who knows? It might still be possible. 

Best Friend confesses Series: Joshua

This is part seven of a series of Seventeen imagines. Feel free to message me and say who you want to see confessing next! Requests get done fast ;)

For as long as you’ve been friends, Joshua has been trying to pester you into learning how to play guitar. He wants to teach you all sorts of songs, especially because you constantly compliment his playing. But you keep refusing. You don’t really know why, but it’s such a habit now that you keep it up, even if it does make Josh look sad each time. 

Right now, you eye Joshua’s guitar sitting in the corner of the room, wondering how long it will take him to get bored and start playing it on this lazy Sunday afternoon. Sun is streaming in the windows and lighting the whole place up and sending dust motes spinning like tiny crystals in the air. As much as you love all the boys in Seventeen, your favorite days are days like this, just hanging out around the dorms with ‘95 line while you and Joshua roll your eyes at the antics of S.Coups and Jeonghan. 

Keep reading

anonymous asked:

Imagine Everyone in class 1-A doing the dab and katsuki is just done.

ok but Horikoshi actually kinda drew something like this

[twitter link]

HOWEVER

in a small bit of character development, he did pose with everyone else in this colorspread, even tho it was kinda silly and there doesn’t really seem to be a point to it besides just… doing silly/cool poses

but he still did it

so

(my boy is growing up and slowly, but willingly, becoming more and more part of the class instead of being stand off-ish, and joining in on their silliness, im so proud)