homestuck is great cause there’s not just stellar lgbt+ representation, but there’s so many different approaches to sexuality.
- Rose is obviously not straight, and never really has any deep soul-searching or personal arc related to that. She just is, and everyone (including her) just accepts that and moves on.
- On the flip side, Dave’s entire personal arc is directly related to compulsory heterosexuality and internalized homophobia. He goes on a serious journey to discover who he’s attracted to and what that means to him.
- Meanwhile Jake is generally questioning, and even at the end (pre-credits, idk about after) has no real idea what his sexuality is. and the best part is, he’s pretty much okay with that.
- And Dirk is 100% only attracted to men, and (being dirk) has clearly thought about it before, but is really hesitant to deal with labels. he just dates who he likes and that’s about it.
- Finally there’s Roxy, who is basically attracted to everyone and mostly seems like she just doesn’t care about defining what that means.
I could go on, but I really love how it showcases how different everyone is and that there’s no real ‘right’ way to do sexuality. It’s ultimately just whatever makes you happy.