Greatest/sweetest ranking of BL movies/series that you don't wanna miss!!
UPDATED: As of April 4, 2017 !!!!! Hi guys!!! been addicted by Bl movies/series/webisodes/ and even short movies and these are my rankings of it from best to worst xD
Takumi-kun series movies - especially series 2,3 and 5. A big DaiMao fan here xD
Love Sick Series 1&2 - PerWin, PhunNoh, and OmMick are my ships
***HIStory webseries: Obsessed - the title says it all! if you loved Gloomy Salad Days and loves a whole lot of kiss scenes then you will definitely love this! very nice chemistry next to my beloved DaiMao <3
***SKAM - oh shocks whoever told me to watch this is an angel! love love love love it to the max! who knew norwegian Bl can be this good?
Make it Right the Series - Very Funny and Sweet!! Kyaa! TeeFuse and BookFrame are my OTPs very much like Lovesick!
***Uncontrolled Love 2 - the directors are very mean. i really thought this was a sad ending…but it was not! love the possessiveness the kiss and the after credits <3
Love love you (Love’s Coming 2) - haven’t watched this yet, but the trailers are just, ooommph! If ever you have a copy PM me XD
Like love Series 1-2 -I love the uncut scenes the most. And the story gets better xD
Junjou Pure Heart - sweeeeteeest ever! really, those awwww moments xD
***Fanatic Love - Game themed BL coming through! I loved the side characters especially the sister <3 Must watch!
Waterboyy the movie - a must watch especially to those fans who have been missing love sick series xD Ngern-oppa is sooo hot here.
Uncontrolled Love- Finally, Master x Servant BL!!! the uke is soo cute and seme is sooo possessive can’t wait for the second part!
***My bromance:the reunion - this is the series remake of the movie my bromance. and thank goodness that in the first season nobody dies! a different conflict altogether but still the same plot.
Counter Attack Web series - QingYu for the win xDD. they are sooooo married. I also recommend their photoshoot sessions, more kissing scenes than the series xD loving the doctor’s cow licked hair, kawaiiii xD
Addicted/Heroin Web Series - Sweetest punk I ever watched really. I wish for uncut scenes! and I demand a continuation!
***Ame to kisu - Love this movie! it made me read the manga and you will love how cute the uke is and how the story was very well portrayed in the movie
*** The right man - there are only a few BL movies/series who would portray the love of a parent and their worries. i loved this film because other than the love story unfolding, the relationship between the mother and the son progresses too <3
Yandaixie No.10- honestly, the story has a lot of promise! it was very good but I didn’t like how the first season ended being them still in bad terms…then hearing that there won’t be a second season!!!! or so i heard.
***SOTUS - hazers! hihihi. if you’re ooking for a cute-tsundere uke then this is what you’re looking for! it has the all goody kissing scenes and a very good college plot. very recommended
Love’s Coming - Nai x Gump xDDD
Love Place 2(Shiawase no Katachi)- A continuation of Love Place 1. Finally an English sub that I’ve been waiting! Typical BL story, most of the time you can read in a manga but you can feel the characters feeling very deeply!
Grey Rainbow - Has every thing I want in a BL,marriage, sweet moments and even a kid! and it also has something I didn’t like…death! why!?!
Doushitemo Furetakunai - the story is great and is really based on the manga. Loved the characters. this is my first BL ever just forgot to post teehee :P !!!
***HIStory webseries: My Hero - so this is one of the ghost themed BL. Comedic. but I do not like that the ghost girl experienced all the sweet moments using the boy’s body. oops spoiler. BTW the seme is sooo hot *wink*
To you for me–chocolates - I laughed at this BL so much. It really portrayed the case of miracles to two people that should be in love. wonder when it will end?
Paternity Leave - you’ll love it, Mpreg xDD
eCupid - movie about the greatest app for semes who take advantage of their uke’s love xD
Just Friends? - hottest and sweetest forbidden love I have ever watched!! sadly it was tooooo short for a very good plot movie xD
Udagawachou de mattete yo - sooo cute! as in supeer!!! one of the best live action next to Doushitemo Furetakunai <3 <3
***HIStory Webseries: Stay away from me - brother’s theme! yehey! though I wished for more sweetness. the eyes of the uke seem to catch my attention a lot in a not so okay way. but I STILL LOVED IT.
Two Weddings and a funeral - I loved the comedy aspect of it. It mainly focused on the life of gays and how the ‘two weddings” conquered it with love. but why Tina !?!?! why ?!?!?!
My Bromance - I love the on-relationship scenes but I just hope the ending was not when one dies. I bawled for this one,it’s like rising you up,then pulling you dooown,why!?!?!?waaah! But the story was really good!
Happy together - loved the couple sooo much! being 6 years together, those fights and make-ups seems like a typical married life
Oppressive Love - half-horror and half BL and they actually became a couple! to bad the older brother had to possess him…ooops spoiler ;-P
Ai no kotodama 2
***Bad romance the series - another side story BL but because they started the series already together and the ending was so sweet so it is okay.
***I’m here our twelve years is a reincarnation legend - short shounen ai chinese BL. if you’re on to watching just the sweet, innocent stuff, then this is good for you :)
Takuya and Joon jae “the lover” - you may be a bit disappointed because it is missing some smexy moments like kissing and “you-know” but the story is great with lots of laughs and sweetness. hoping for season 2
***Love Complex - this is a thai series but the BL part is a side story and doesn’t develop much though it is still on the first two episodes. some of you may not like it because it is on a side story but promise, the main story is very funny.
Docchi mo Docchi - may be low budget, but that romcom theme was perfectly executed xD sooo funny xD
Itsuka no kimi e - loved the story so much. It was like reading Junjou Pure Heart again xD soooo cute! Wishing for more kiss scenes though.
Ai no kotodama 1
Seven Days Monday-Thursday, Friday-Sunday - perfectly executed as of those of the manga
Hollyoaks (Ste and Harry) - lots of problems; closet gay, HIV, parents are against, even teachers then there are also cocaine involvement. wut?! haha but the story and how they still get back together is what makes it great.
Diary of Tootsies - Very very funny!! as in very funny! but they left Gus and Top’s story hanging, which is what I’ve been waiting…sigh
Fujimi orchestra live action - it’s like the BL version of Nodame Cantabile. the movie needs a sequel. it’s not that they did not end up together but the movie ended with the seme still pursuing the uke xD
Go go go G boys - very funny, packed with hot bishies. Last part after credits is a must seen
Farewell my ghost boyfriend - short movie. I’m not on vote on the new ship. i still wish there was some kind of miracle for the ghost. huhu
Love Place - I preferred the part two (2) than the first one, more Bl action, though it is still not translated
Boku no Kareshi wo Shoukai Shimasu - was hoping for more kiss scenes xD
Gloomy Salad days - ep13-14 only. Hidoku Shinaide story, bully and the bullied. You’ll be hoping for more.
Love of Siam - honestly, a good plot, really. It just needs some tweaks on that bad ending,urgh. Hoping for season 2 to change it.
I’m yours - a one-sided love of a robot to a human and he’s quest to help the guy to achieve love. it was badly cut, I don’t know. it was missing some parts when I watched it so I am still heavily confused.
Love next door 2 - Watched XD but still looking for subs. but very promising especially in terms of comedy and hotness.
Mr x and I - First Season: First and Second story only, the other two has horrible ending, I advise this to those who do not wish to see a sad ending. Second Season: Loved the ending, hated the hetero guy, urggghh
Princess Princess D - actually, this is a live action adapted from a shoujo manga. full of fanservice and crossdressers and will leave you laughing at the clichès and corniness.
Love next door - the story escalated quickly and the ‘love’ (sweetness) I was searching for was too short in the plot.
A Pair of Love - so-so xD
Time line - Watch the first couple only, and/or the last one. never ever the second one, it still gives me goose bumps till now
Me my familiar people - uhhh…actually I didnt quite get the story. it was soo confusing. its like he has s*x to another then I don’t know maybe his bestfriend too?
Teacher and student - because I was expecting that light, romantic theme I was deeply disappointed by that twist as it turns out to be too psychological. One of my least favorites next to Kindan no Koi.
Kindan no koi - simple……i hated it. the plot twist at the end was just tooo much, really, too much. Still a good movie though, but definitely my least favorite.
This is an edited list XD those with *** are newly posted as of April 4. Will update for more lateerrr! Ask me for links if ever you are interested xDDD hehehe
Yana’s latest tweets were funny, so here’s a quick translation:
This panel of the master-servant duo who look very excited about the movie is cute~♡
I think all the snacks Sebastian is holding is for young master, but as a servant Sebastian - who actually doesn’t understand the tatse [of normal food] - will eat up all of young master’s leftovers. Leftovers are not allowed. “***The staff happily ate (all the leftovers)” was common in Victorian era. [***this is a common phrase you’ll often get to see in Japanese tv programs when they cooked some stupid, supersized food, e.g. a giant-sized sushi.]
Unless it’s for checking for poison Sebastian rarely eats food in front of people. The last time I saw him eating something was when Cocorobo (vacuum cleaner) Sebastian cheerfully sucked the dust saying “Oh my…”.
Any thoughts on Phil's liveshow? If you do, I'd love to hear them!
yaaaa omg i actually just didn’t get a lot of specific/excited questions about it and therefore got sidetracked watching the young pope lmao but YES, it was so good and def several things worth noting:
1. the signed pic of angel in a bubble bath. like, wow. i can’t believe that phil opened with this. i can’t believe that we’re at a point where phil is comfortable showing this. i wonder if he felt dan backed him into a corner tho? bc it def didn’t seem like he had any intention of telling us beforehand and then he kept sort of mentioning that “everyone was asking” him about it and tweeting him about it and wanting to see it so i just wonder if phil was like very much not intending to ever let it see the light of day but then felt pressured by everyone asking and then i wonder whether dan had to sort of talk him down from being worried about it in some way??? ???? ? ? idk!!!!! like he seemed very calm and giggly about it but only bc, in my opinion, he seemed to have prepared a story around it that was designed to dilute its impact (that he has loved buffy for ages, that dan was for sure looking for a sarah michelle gellar photo and couldn’t find one so he settled for this one, as though there were no other shops anywhere that would have sarah michelle gellar photos for dan to find. that it “wasn’t the signed buffy photo he was expecting” etc. etc.) and then many comments about being very put off by the photo, all of them slightly tempered by the fondness in his eyes and the loveliness of his laughter. idk, overall, such a big step that he shared it (possibly against his original will), but he still did it very much on his terms, in a language he is comfortable with.
i just love that dan literally bought phil a nude photo of a dude in a bath for his bday like how are we at the point that that is a confirmed thing that we have seen with our own eyes and that we are allowed to KNOW? i feel like i’m living in some alternate reality and every single day things keep happening with them that make me literally wonder when the fuck it happened and just rejoice that we’re getting to see it aeorijaoweirjaowierjaoewr fuck man
2. the little commentary from phil about how in their photoshoots dan is the one who gets to “do the nice smile” and people always make phil do a weird face which inevitably leads to his infamous crazy eyes. that was interesting to me bc i didn’t realize it would be so set in stone that they’d be asked to assume those roles in their professional pics but i guess it makes sense and matches up to the “branding” of phil as strange/quirky and dan as the normie/ “straight man” that is and has been discussed to death. to me it was more interesting that phil didn’t really seem that bothered by it and to also hear him talk about photo anxiety yet again, and always resorting to big eyes as a way to save him from the awkwardness of figuring out how to pose his face in a more serious fashion
3. YET ANOTHER movie date why are they living in a utopian ideal of domestic bliss i hate them. and yet another date/outing that was accompanied by a heaped serving of social awkwardness and catastrophe. i swear their life is simultaneously too funny and lovely to be real. my fav part of this was that the story started with phil referencing the poor middle-aged dude face-planting into “dan’s popcorn” but then by the end he was saying “our popcorn.” cute. the fact they saw another movie together. with footstools. so, so cute. the fact that phil was very open and intentional and repetitive with his explanation that he went with dan, that it was he and dan in the darkened theater, dan and phil getting accosted by a falling man,,, he could’ve potentially told that story without dan? and maybe would’ve done so at some point in the distant past? but not this time. and the casual “we” he used throughout the live show was lovely too.
4. his thoughts on manchester by the sea sounded very similar to dan’s style of reviewing films in live shows and v un-phil. phil normally sticks to broad opinions: either he liked it or it was ‘okay’ or ‘not the best,’ but this time he gave v specific things he liked and a bit more nuanced opinions and i was into it.
5. so much about the gas leaks that i don’t really even know where to start. first of all: “you need to move.” “i know.” this is the first direct acknowledgment of moving, i believe, from either of them. holy shit? and then the fact that he said “hotel vlogs” if they were to go to a hotel, as though that’s something they’d ever give us. and then towards the end of the conversation: “is dan okay?” “yes, we’re fine.” i love when one of them answers on behalf of both of them, it’s gross and also so instinctive and it makes my heart soar. i feel like all of the jokes have been made about the very universe trying to force them to move and i’ve written so much on how sure i am that it’s going to happen soon, so i have nothing to add there. it’s happening SOON yall. they’re moving. i guarantee.
6. phil retelling the meerkat story was so adorable. phil googling random things to have as pets like sugar gliders and talking about dog breeds before once again saying he should stick to plants was adorable and also just continued to solidify for me that they’re BADLY in want of a dog and just as firmly do not feel that it is the right time for it. phil’s coat…. is adorable ….. i HATE having nothing to say about phil things beyond “WOW SO CUTE” bc it’s dumb and reductive a lot of the time but genuinely, during this ls, a lot of the stuff that was under discussion was just v fluffy and cute.
overall: heartwarming. a bit groundbreaking. ironically, both of those things applied to nearly every piece of content dnp have made so far in 2017. just sitting here totally unprepared for each new development that seems to be happening with each passing day :’)