some of my theories for season 3:
idk how right these are but based on what I saw in s2—
- I think Kali and her gang are gonna come back in to the story in some kind of way—or maybe not even all of them, maybe just Kali, based on how episode 7 ended.
- since all of the numbers 1-7 and 9-10 are totally unknown, I’m sure some of them or all will turn up in either season 3 or 4 (my thought is there’ll probably be some kind of prelude in s3 and them meeting in s4, maybe to defeat some great evil from the upside down?)
- I’m like 95% sure there’s gonna be some Jopper in s3. the whole thing with Joyce and Hopper in the tunnels and the moment outside the school, it’s obvious there’s something there and I’m sure it’s the Duffers foreshadowing something because dAMN those scenes hit me right in the feels
- at some point I think they might address Will’s sexuality because it hasn’t been confirmed yet and there are tons of contrasting hints leading one way or another, I just feel like there’s some sort of secret about it?? might be wrong tho
- ALL THE KIDS!! HANGING OUT!! this isn’t technically a theory but I’m really excited to see how Max and Eleven get along (I think after Eleven understands the gym situation, she’ll warm up more to Max, and I’m DESPERATELY HOPING FOR A SISTER-BROTHER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN WILL AND ELEVEN/JANE and more Lumax/Mileven please and thank you)
- I feel like Joyce and Hopper are gonna be like the parental figures to all the kids, since Mike’s parents don’t really care and the other parents don’t know about what happened in the Upside Down and such? this is also a high hope for me tbh I’m really digging the “huge family” kinda theory for all the characters
- this one is REALLY hard to say but I have this niggling feeling that Jonathan is gonna die?? Idk why I just feel like at some point he’ll sacrifice himself to save Will or something like that
- Steve’s gonna be that cool uncle figure who sneaks all of the kids candy and gives them dating advice and takes them to see R-rated movies. I just feel it.
I have SUCH high hopes and excitement for s3 and the strain of waiting another year for it is gonna kill me (send help to all Stranger Things fans in the next year, guys)