Freshman Year In Queens Would Include...
- Moving to Queens and transferring to Midtown High School of Science and Technology.
~ Or as you put it: “The nerd school where I will literally be a loser amidst losers.”
- Meeting Peter Parker and Ned Leeds in seventh period math class. You arrived late and had to sit in the back between their desks. They don’t pay you much attention until Evelyn O’ Connor sticks gum in your hair while the teacher is out of the classroom.
- Your previous shy and quiet demeanor changes to boss ass bitch attitude in a matter of seconds. Instead of exploding you calmly picked the gum from your hair and and used it to stick a “kick me” sign on Evelyn’s back.
~ SHE DOESN’T NOTICE?
- The entire rest of the period is you making rude hand gestures and faces at Evelyn’s back while Peter and Ned try not to laugh. Ned loses it when you manage to draw a dick on the back of Evelyn’s expensive white blouse without her knowing.
~ The teacher asks why you guys are laughing and you have a mini heart attack, terrified that they will tell on you.
~ Peter says he told a funny joke and the teacher believes him. You almost hug him right then and there.
- Ned invited you to sit with them at lunch.
- Meeting Flash Thompson for the first time when he tips over Ned’s food tray because “He doesn’t need to eat anymore or he’ll get even fatter.”
~ Yelling at Flash until he gives Ned enough money to buy more lunch plus ten bucks as a fee for being an asshole.
~ “DON’T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU POOR EXCUSE FOR A MAN! NOW PAY FOR HIS DAMN LUNCH AND SUFFER WHILE I TEACH YOU HOW TO MIND YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS BECAUSE NED IS PERFECT THE WAY HE IS AND YOU CAN JUST SHUT UP!”
- You are now den mother and certified protector of Ned Leeds and Peter Parker.
- Denying that Peter is cute but secretly hoping that he would like you back until you find out he likes Liz Allan. After that you focus on getting him to ask Liz out because compared to her you look like the inside of someone’s asshole. (Which is sad bit come on-everyone looks like trash compared to Liz Allan. (And did you get the Deadpool reference?))
~”PETER PARKER JUST ASK HER OUT ALREADY!”
~”ARE YOU INSANE?! Oh you are, aren’t you?”
- Friday Movie Nights at Peter’s apartment are born and they are EPIC. Peter always wants to watch Star Wars and You want Star Trek. (It usually ends in a pillow fight.) Ned asks for Disney movies and gets a pillow chucked at his head.
- You sign up for debate club and Model United Nations where you meet Michelle Gonzales, who quickly becomes your friend. Together you slay the competition at meetings.
- Peter joins photography (cuz I wanted some of Andrew Garfield’s Peter Parker in the mix.) and the mathletes with Ned.
- Actually getting top marks and sometimes outsmarting Peter, which he is not happy about. You are one of the smartest people in your grade, no doubt.
- Calling Michelle nicknames like “Mickey” and “Mick” even though it drives her crazy.
- Discovering Peter has social anxiety like you and offering to have lunch in the storage closet if the cafeteria is too hectic.
- Having a code word for when one of you has a panic attack or is feeling stressed.
~ Having a code word for EVERYTHING ranging from “I’m bored let’s skip class” to “Oh my god Liz Allan is walking this way act cool.”
- Becoming VERY protective of the gang. A senior once tried to trick Peter on Senior Prank Day and you stared him down until the poor guy ran away.
- Finding out Peter’s parents died and he lives with his Aunt May and Uncle Ben.
~ Growing to love May like a mother and always hanging out at the Parker residence.
- Freshman year ends with a bang. (No seriously like a fifth of the kids “do the do” on the last day IN SCHOOL and it’s kinda gross.)
- Uncle Ben dies and you stay at Peter’s apartment for a week to keep him company, not knowing he blames himself for Uncle Ben’s death. Peter never told you how Uncle Ben died but you refrained from asking.
- Spiderman makes headlines as the new crime fighting vigilante and captures your interest.
- You were walking home from an internship a Stark Industries™ and saw your favorite bookstore being robbed. For some stupid reason you decided to delay the robbers until the cops could arrive.
~ “HEY UGLY! Considering the fact that you’re a criminal, I don’t think you’d be too smart-so why are ya looting a book store?”
~ Realizing the guy has two other friends and the only thing that goes through your mind is “oh shit.”
- A bigger guy holds the knife to your throat and keeps you hostage until Spiderman swings through the window to help.
~ Him taking down all the bad guys except the one who is holding you at knife point.
~ “Don’t come any closer or I’ll kill her faster than you can say Spiderman. Now let go of my buddies, leave the cash on the ground and I’ll give her ba-”
~ You kick the robber in the crotch and knock him to the ground, grabbing his knife and pointing it at him.
~ “You know you should really keep the monologue short if ya want to get away. Just saying.”
- Spiderman being in awe at what you did.
~ “How did you-He just-You took down a guy with a knife!”
- Rushing home to find Peter pacing around, waiting for you.
~ “You tried to stop a robbery?”
“How did you-”
“It was-uh… on the news?”
- You dismissed the nervous tone to his voice. The two of you ended up pretending not to cuddle on the couch, even though Peter’s arm was around your waist and your head was on his shoulder.
- The rest of the summer went quickly, the only eventful thing being your promotion at Stark Industries™
from unpaid intern to lab assistant.