So I was reading your headcanons for how the 104th sing and I really like the idea of them having squad karaoke. Do you have any headcanons for what happens during their squad karaoke?(like some particular person keeps getting asked to sing or something xD)
Oh boy, this is so fun! Thank you for this opportunity!
- Squad karaoke is an event. They try to go at least once a month, at a restaurant or bar or at someone’s house/apartment. It’s one of their favorite things to do as a group because there are so many opportunities for shenanigans.
- They have a rule that everyone has to sing at least once unless there are extenuating circumstances that include 1.) Emotional distress (which is their blanket term the cover any emotional things they might be dealing with such as family issues, job or school trouble, anything that could prevent them from wanting to be crazy that night,); 2.) Sickness; and 3.) You sang so good last time you can’t possibly one up yourself this time. That’s it. Otherwise, you have to sing something.
- Duets are highly encouraged. They will often throw everyone’s name into a cup and pick duet partners that way. Sometimes they make it a competition. Best duet wins OR the duo has to “fight” and the group picks who sang it better.
- Musical theater numbers are thrown in here and there to keep things interesting. This is great for the people who have the range to be theatrical and those who don’t because those who don’t can make up for it in theatricality (and do they ever. Connie has never been on a stage in his life, but you’d never know it with how all out he will go if ever given a song from a musical. They’ve actually had to ensure that he never gets a Les Miserables song ever again for reasons.)
- The people constantly pressured to sing are Eren, Historia, Bertholdt, Marco, and Sasha. Bertholdt is the only one who tends to refuse more than he agrees, which means they pressure him ten times as hard.