Could you provide a guide on how you do your wards? Thank you!
My Methods for Warding
(Obviously based on my experience)
One thing first: it is dangerous to post information on how you do your wards and protections online. Anyone, even spirits, can get that info and use it to undo or get past them. So I’m just gonna give you the general gist of how I do my wards and not go too in-depth.
First, figure out what permissions you want for your wards. Who can come through? Who cannot? Be specific, “only entities with the highest good in mind”/“no spirits who wish me harm” and shit like that is weak. You ever seen those movies where the robots turn on humans because they want to save the humans from themselves? Well they certainly have the humans’ highest good in mind when they’re vaporizing them off the planet. “No negative entities may enter”? let’s hope you’re not a pessimist because if so, you just warded your own spirit out of your home. Somethings to keep in mind when devising permissions:
- Make sure you don’t ward your own spirit, the spirits of family members and pets, the spirits of plants and magical tools, and the house spirits out of your home. I usually prevent this through a phrase such as “All spirits that currently reside and live in the warded area may come and go freely through the wards”.
- Make sure you don’t ward out the spirits of things entering the home such as when you bring in new plants or new rocks or even human guests. I prevent this through a phrase such as “All spirits attached to physical forms that are intentionally and knowingly brought into the warded area by its current residents may come and go freely through the wards”.
- Allow for spirits to enter upon your call, “Any spirit that is called by a resident of the warded area may come and go freely through the wards until they are dismissed. Upon their dismissal, all permissions are revoked from the spirit.”
- Allow for your spirit companions, guides, and guardians to enter and leave.
I think allowing random spirits to enter your home is silly, it’s like leaving your door open for any stranger to walk in with little hindrance. You might be horny to meet new spirits when you’re just starting out but if you can’t even sense them yet then it’d be better to hold off on letting anyone, even those with the “highest good in mind uwu”, in. Or not! I don’t give a fuck about what you choose to do. I also don’t have a suggested phrase for you to use if you want to let randos in because for every phrase that I come up with, I can think of many ways that it can be loopholed. If you don’t want any random Ralphs, it’s implied that only those specified are free to come and go but enforce it with a phrase anyway, “No spirit may enter through these wards into the warded area unless given permission per the following list:” and then list the stuff. Of course this is just a loose guide and the more detail the more safety.
Second step, make the wards. Yeah not a lot of steps lol. I mean everything in this post, even the specialized wards section, could be accomplished by anyone with basic energy work knowledge. Nothing here is advanced or even intermediate tbh, all it takes is a bit of effort.
Do not make the wards from your own energy. You’ll be linked to them and when you’re weak, they’ll be weak which leaves your already vulnerable self even more vulnerable and they’ll subtly sap your energy, it just ain’t worth the trouble. You’ll want to keep the wards attached to a power source though so they can stay up longer and are easier to strengthen if damaged. But you also have to keep in mind that any energy connections that you make are open to tampering by outside forces.
So here’s what we’re going to do:
Write down all of your permissions and sigilize them if you want. The plan is that as you build the wards, you will “write” the permissions into the energy with your intent and mind. If that sounds like it might be difficult, then make sigils of each permission and charge them before attempting to create the wards. You’ll also need something to act as a “generator”* that you can attach the wards to and use to charge them if they get weak. Clear quartz would be the best but literally anything that energy would move easily through will work. Just make sure to cleanse it before beginning.
Alright so once you have everything ready, begin to create energy walls through visualization. Command the ambient energy of ~the universe~ to climb up the wall until it reaches the top and is stable. Do the same thing for all of the walls and ceiling and floor. As you are doing this, write your permissions into the energy using your intent and mind. Basically, just think about them really hard while building the wards :V. If you elected to make the sigils, draw the sigils with the energy on each plane and melt them into the energy of the wards.
Once everything is stable, find a spot where you want to put the generator, the most protected place of the house according to the wards would be best such as a closet. It needs to be accessible though. Once you got a good spot, connect the wards to it with an energy tether. Visualize a cord of energy extending out from the wards and attaching to the object. Charge it a bit with your energy and direct the energy to flow from the object to the wards, you don’t want all of the ward energy flowing into the object. You can visualize arrows in the tether that point from the object to the wards if you want. Once you ensure that the connection only runs one-way, ward the object with more wards or a circle. You’ll want it to be protected from tampering and you might want to make multiple generators just in case.
If you want to remove permissions, you gotta redo the whole thing lol. But if you want to add new permissions, you can do so through the use of sigils of energy on each plane or by “writing” them in energy again and pushing that energy through a generator. Generators are 100% unnecessary by the way, they just make maintenance so much easier so I recommend.
Congrats you did it
*There’s a legit word for this but I forgot it so you get generator instead. Bonus points if you use a generator crystal.
Allies for Warding
I often enlist the help of my allies or nature spirits to help in ward creating and boosting. Now I’d be careful of asking just anyone to help you with your wards, I once had a spirit who helped me with my wards turn them against me when she revealed her true colors. For that reason, I am just going to focus on nature spirits as allies and you can use your own judgement on whether or not you want your companions to partake in your ward making. However, before I go into that, I do just want to mention that forming an alliance or contract with a spirit for them to act as a sort of security guard has been helpful for me and I’d recommend that if it is something that may interest you.
Okay so the reason why I recommend nature spirits for ward allies is because the many of them are fine with lending you their energy for little to nothing in return. I mean it’s always nice to thank them for their hard work though. The Sun, Moon, and planets are very powerful entities that bring in all kinds of energies that can mesh well with different forms of wards. However, plants and rocks are just as good and often lend unique abilities to you. All you really need to do is to ask them if they’d be willing to lend you some support or energy in your wards, how they will do that, and what they would like in return. Protective stones and plants obviously would work the best but it’s good to know just how they will work so you can be sure that their methods don’t conflict with your wards.
Here’s a list of a few good plants that I’ve used and how their protection manifested (UPG):
- Angelica is the best for defensive wards. It’s very good at building and reinforcing energy walls/barriers and making multiple layers of them. It dispels negative forces by building said walls and then “pushing” them out of the defended area. I recommend this herb for any warding system. It’s just one of the best protection herbs in the game xP
- Roses can actually be used for protection, those thorns aren’t just for show after all. They’re not too powerful but if you want a bit of offense to your wards they’d be pretty good. They act like a barbed wire on a fence, more of a deterrent than a serious hazard but will still do some damage to anyone who tries to bust through.
- Peppers are much more powerful offensive allies. They often lend the element of fire to your wards so they burn and scorch foes. A particularly powerful one or many together can even set fire to an opponent. Unless your wards are designed around fire it might be best not to go too overboard with peppers since they can sometimes “overpower” other facets of your wards on accident.
- Rosemary, Basil, and Cedar all are good general boosters that will strengthen the energy and defensive power of your wards. Plant rosemary at the weakest spot in your wards for extra protection there.
Of course, there’s many more plants and some will work good, even better than the ones that I’ve mentioned, while others will work horribly. Asafoetida is my one of favorite herbs and is probably one of the strongest protective herbs however it is absolutely useless for warding. Why? Because it’s super good at anti-magic and neutralizing energy and guess what your wards are made from? Now a crafty person may be able to work in asafoetida so it neutralizes all enemy attacks but you risk nullifying your own wards since the herb is known for nullifying all magic in an area, not just bad energy and other routes are so much more efficient at accomplishing that same task. So the point of this was so that you recognize that just because some online correspondence sheet says that an herb is “protective”, that doesn’t mean that it will always be beneficial to you. Talk to the plant, ask it what it can do for you and see if that’ll be helpful. And like I said earlier, this can be extended to rocks, planetary bodies, etc. not just plants.
Wards aren’t permanent and they’ll need to be updated and refurbished every so often. It’s good to have a schedule for this sort of thing, you know something like: check the stability of the wards once a week and then completely redo them once a month. Yes, completely redo them. Over time your wards may take hard to repair/irreparable damage or just slowly weaken. It’s easier and better to just dismantle all of the wards and redo them from time to time instead of trying to hold them together with a lot of energy duct tape. How often you do these things is up to you but you should definitely check your wards after any attack or breach. It’ll also be helpful to power up your wards if you are expecting an attack. You can strengthen them simply by pushing more energy in through the generator or creating a whole new layer of energy just as you created the original. Just for your information, here’s some things that can weaken your wards:
- Spirit or magical attacks
- Spirit traffic (frequent conjuring/calling spirits, allowing for the passage of random spirits, spells to draw spirits to you, etc.)
- Residual or stagnant energies sitting around because of infrequent cleansings
- Some spells or spell ingredients (For example, asafoetida as I mentioned earlier but also any anti-magic ingredient if used frequently. Also if you cast spells in a warded place, sometimes that energy will need to leave through your wards depending on their purpose and frequent castings can weaken them)
- Other shit
Doing ward upkeep can also help you figure out what is working and was isn’t working, what kind of protections go well together and what kinds don’t, etc. You will have to add modifications based on situations so don’t think that once you throw up your wards you’ll never have to interact with them again.