God, where did you find the "Vampire Companion" book ? I have three comics, but not this :/ may I ask the reference of it, I absolutely need to find it !
I got my copy at Powell’s City of Books in Portland, Oregon, and I deeply regret not ALSO buying a slim hardcover VC book there that profiled VC fans and was published in the 90′s! Argh. I don’t even remember what it was called. I didn’t imagine it though!! It was REAL. I should beg a certain Portlandian to go for me and see if it’s still there… *cough* you know who you are *cough*
HOWEVER, I see the Vampire Companion on Amazon often, I bet it’s on eBay… and it’s in library book sales, but not as often. I think this is a recently printed edition w/ a new cover but not updated info:
Not to be confused with these “vampire companion” books, which hey, might be good on their own! They’re just not VC.
The more I play league of legends the more I realize I tend to lean towards bot games than PvP because thats the only place where your teammates can have chill and they wont harass you for 30 minutes straight. Cause apparently it’s illegal for people to have cool downs for spells.
Hi!! Just wondering how/where you read the snk/AoT manga? (If you do online) A friend let me borrow the first book and I'm dying to read more (I've seen all of the anime) but my local bookstore doesn't have a manga section.
Hi, for me, I read the snk manga on mangatraders.biz. It has high quality pages and it’s always caught up with the latest chapters and accurate translations.
Most people like to use crunchyroll but I don’t cuz you gotta go through the process of making an account, paying money, and having annoying ads in your way. So if you want quick access to the manga, I recommend mangatraders. ^^
So I was going through our bookshelf yesterday, because we’re fast approaching the point where we need a clear-out, and I came across one of my all-time favourite creations ever, probably even beating shit like the wheel and penicillin. Years back, before leaving The Man to pursue his dreams of being a sort of professional clown-thing, my husband used to be a translator for Neath Port Talbot Council; as is often the way with Welsh councils, though, owing to a lack of money and also everywhere is really close to each other (this country is 150 miles wide at its widest point, and about 47 miles at the thin bit. Ver ver small), NPT Council’s translating department was shared by Swansea Council. Thus it was that, in the halcyon days of circa 2009, the two decided to team up and produce a new Welsh language book for learners between them, and thus it got sent through to Steffan to proof read it.
A Thing You May Not Know: Welsh is one of ten indigenous languages to Britain, arguably the oldest, and has been viciously oppressed over the last millennium and a half as part of England’s big If You Destroy Their Culture They’ll Be Glad To Be Ruled By You policy. These days, it’s nonetheless still spoken by approximately a fifth of the Welsh population; a hell of a feat, considering, but the suppression of it continues to this day (just in cleverer, sneakier ways now than whipping people’s children if they’re heard.) But it is classified as Endangered. Thanks to Welsh-language schools now being a thing (though supply is much lower than demand), transmission rates to the younger generation are pretty good; but, Welsh is peculiarly dependent on adult learners.
This means that learner books might have to appeal to both children and adults while using very simple language, which I explain in case it in some way justifies the bewildering weirdness of what I’m about to show you; because at first glance, this book is simply for children. But it’s… Well.
I present to you, with translations in bold and commentary by me, Y Babi Sinsir.
Literally, “the Ginger Baby”, but they mean ‘ginger’ as in ‘gingerbread’. Literal ginger. Not the colour.
This is Mr Jones. This is Mrs Jones.
What’s wrong, Mrs Jones? I want a baby.
Note: there will be some confusion in this book about whether the narrator is speaking, or anyone else. It might seem cut and dried here, but there are no speech marks around “Dw i eisiau babi”, whereas later speech marks are used, and also in two pages’ time the narrator will actively pass a value judgement using first person, so… Well.
But, so far so good.
Mrs Jones is making a Babi Sinsir.
… okay, so I like this page because of the capitalisation of Babi Sinsir and the lack of definite article. She’s just making a Babi Sinsir. You know, a Babi Sinsir? Magical baby made of gingerbread that you make if you can’t conceive but can’t afford IVF? Yeah. A Babi Sinsir. That’s right.
Let it be known that this is Not A Thing in Welsh folklore or mythology. What the fuck. How does this work. Where does the magic come from? Do you need a faerie ingredient? Will the next page tell us?
This is the Babi Sinsir. I like the Babi Sinsir.
But it is apparently shit-capable and needs a nappy. It’s good that the narrator likes it anyway.
The Babi Sinsir is bad. He’s running.
“Come back, Babi Sinsir.”
Look how Worried the Joneses are. Funny how they don’t seem to be calling that enthusiastically, though. I’d have expected an exclamation mark at least. Did Mrs Jones always have a massive left arm? I can’t remember.
“Run, run, catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
Yeah, okay, so that’s the Welsh for “Run! Run! As fast as you can! You can’t catch me, I’m the gingerbread man!”, but once again, I’m going to have to draw attention to the lack of expressive punctuation here. It really feels like this naughty Babi Sinsir’s heart is just not in this.
“Come and help, Mr Horse.” “Run, run, catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
Cool, look, a floating horse has come to help.
The pen there, incidentally, was an attempt by the translators to work out who was talking. I can’t imagine why. This dialogue is on fire, everyone can tell.
“Come and help, Mrs Cow.” “Run, run, catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
Now they have been joined in their high-speed zombie shuffle by a married floating cow who is, if I’m not much mistaken, high as shit.
“Come and help, Mr Goat.”“Run, run, catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
I’m starting to suspect the artist only knew how to draw the legs on animals in one way.
“Come and help, Mr Dog.”“Run, run, Catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
Yes, that dog is definitely here to ‘help’. Also… the Babi Sinsir is literally within reach of Mrs Jones’ massive left arm now. Why is she not just picking him up?
“Come and help, Miss Cat.” “Run, run, Catch me. I’m the Babi Sinsir.”
You may be wondering at this point if this is just… the whole book. An ever-increasing flock of floating zombie creatures shuffling after a naughty gingerbread baby in a nappy who is committing the cardinal sin of running. I mean… where can they go from here, amirite? A sheep? A squirrel? A chicken? We can hit a hundred pages this way, easy. The concern is the artist, whom I think was stretched a bit beyond their means on this project anyway.
BUT WORRY NOT! Shit’s about to go down, guys.
Oh no! Here comes Mr Wolf. Mr Wolf runs and catches the Babi Sinsir.
THAT IS A FOX
THAT IS A GODDAMN FOX YOU HEATHEN FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
AND WHY THE FUCK IS IT WEARING CLOTHES WHEN NONE OF THE OTHER ANIMALS WERE
WHY IS IT DRESSED IN DUNGAREES LIKE A LAZY FARMHAND ON AN AMERICAN RANCH IN THE 1800S
This doesn’t bode well for the -
Half of the Babi Sinsir is left.
Quarter of the Babi Sinsir is left.
WHY DOES IT STILL LOOK SAD AND HORRIFIED WHY IS IT STILL ALIVE OH MY GOD
The Babi Sinsir has gone! There’s tasty.
I realise this is not the main point to make here, but two pages ago it had eaten half of that nappy, and now it’s whole again and delicately discarded to one side, I just want
It’s okay, right? This happens in fairytales? Little Red Riding Hood? Someone will eviscerate the fox and out will come the Babi Sinsir…’s pieces, and they can be baked back together…?
No one cares!
Mrs Jones is making another Babi Sinsir.
The new Babi Sinsir loves Mrs Jones.
…okay, so there’s a lot for us all to take in right now, and we’re all going to get through it at different speeds. But I’m just going to draw attention to the fact that Mr Jones is now merely depicted as a picture on the wall, and the new Babi Sinsir apparently only loves Mrs Jones, and…
Okay so they just lost their beloved baby gingerbread son because he got eaten alive by a fox in dungarees calling itself a wolf, right? Mrs Jones apparently couldn’t give less of a fuck if she tried, as long as she has some flour and ginger left over to make another. This one she made to love her.
Mr Jones, I presume, had a total mental breakdown and drank himself to death. At the very least, he’s left her, look. All she has left is the photo.
But does dim ots! Mae’r Babi Sinsir newydd yn caru Mrs Jones.
And that is the story of Y Babi Sinsir, aka the greatest work of literature ever written.
Now that pride month is nearly over, I want to send a hug to everyone who is surrounded by people who will suddenly stop caring about lgbt+ topics.
You may have friends or even family members who think of pride events as a cool party, a nice opportunity to dress up or get drunk, or (even worse) a fun excuse to stare at and fetishize lgbt+ people - but don’t care actually about lgbt+ rights at all.
You may go to a school where the staff seems to believe they’re being super good allies for lgbt+ kids if they acknowledge the existence of homosexuality once a year during pride month - but don’t care about actually protecting and supporting you for the rest of the year.
You may work in a company that profits from pride month by slapping a rainbow on their products - but don’t actually care about their lgbt+ employees or customers, only about their money.
Good crowdfunding pitch: “I invented something, and now I need money for refining the details, production, and distribution.”
Bad crowdfunding pitch: “I have an idea for an invention, and now I need money to do the actual inventing part.”
Even worse crowdfunding pitch: “I have an idea for an invention, and now I need money to hire someone who knows how to do the actual inventing part.”
RED FLAG RUN AWAY AAAAAAA crowdfunding pitch: “Let’s not talk about where I am in the invention process, or how I got there, or what’s even inside this thing. Let’s just look at these fantastically tasteful case and UI designs. It’s going to sync with your smartphone!”
SPECIAL RED FLAG CATEGORY: “I invented something to assist disabled people. I’m not disabled, and I didn’t focus-group this with anyone who is. But my heart’s in the right place. Give me money if you support disabled people!”
I have the best boyfriend in the world. He surprised me with a eight week old golden doodle. I love this dog so much I don’t know what to do. He also ordered me a business platinum American Express credit card. And of course I still have his credit card on my Postmates, Uber, and UberEATS. He also ordered me HGH which is human growth hormone that is $700 a month. It’s supposed to make you skinny, your hair bomb, your nails amazing. Kim Kardashian and Madonna takes it. He’s in Las Vegas for a bachelor party for his brother and he’s calling me every few hours and face timing me. It’s so sweet. He’s so loving and kind. I’m so happy I have him.
I went to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and I met this grandpa and he took a liking to me and he wants to help me in my professional career. He wants to publish articles about me so I can become famous in my career when people google me. I’m really happy I met him and I look forward to growing my professional career and maybe leaving the sugar bowl forever one day. I’m really happy with my boyfriend and I don’t really see a need to hustle guys if I can make a substantial amount of money in my professional career.
I went to Roku sushi restaurant in Los Angeles last night at midnight because I was hungry and these guys kept circling our table and when the bill came the waitress told us that one of the gentleman had paid for our bill. It was a $200 sushi tab so it was nice to get free dinner. This just goes to show that once again my proximity thing is true. You need to be around rich people to meet rich people. I highly suggest going to this restaurant there were so many rich guys there I went in my yoga clothes and Adidas slides. I literally ran out for a midnight snack now I know to dress a little bit better. He owns 40 brands of wines and lives all over the world. He invited us to attend the BET party and Yacht parties for 4th of July.
A guy asked me to go to a music festival with him in Chicago and he offered me $8000 for three days but I’m not sure if I want to go because it’s rock music and I prefer hip-hop and EDM. So I don’t know if I want to go and listen to music for three days that I don’t even like I don’t know if it’s worth it. I’m still thinking about it.
I work out at Equinox and this guy invited me to this Lamborghini and McLaren event. I guess these guys that own these $400,000 cars pay money to race their cars on the race track. There were so many rich as guys. I wish I could’ve invited you all.
Girls have been messaging me asking me where I met my guys and I met them at all different places here are some examples. These are the guys that take care of me monthly of course I have my guys that I see here and there but these are the guys I count on every month
• 30 year old Amex, takes care of my car insurance, work expenses, cell phone bill, unlimited credit card - Match.com
• boyfriend, Uber, UberEATS, Postmates, credit card, HGH, Equinox - Tinder
• $5,000 a month and all my Christian Louboutins - MillionaireMatch.com
• $5,000/ $20,000 a month Persian - Poker Game
• billionaire - Charity Event
Rich guys are everywhere so you got to keep looking.
I made some mistakes in the beginning in the sugar bowl so I wanted to share with you what I’ve learned and I hope I can save you some trouble
• always get the money and or gifts first. One of my first arrangements on SA The guy promised me $1000 for a meet and he gave me $500 after. And I didn’t know what to do so I just took the $500 I left and he promised me that he would give me the money later but he never ever did. I never made that mistake again. When I see my daddies I always say “hi babe did you bring my gift.” Don’t trust them and if they say something like “this feels to transactional” I suggest you should leave he’s probably going to gyp you. All my real daddy’s give me the money without making me feel guilty.
• only talk on the phone with them for 10 minutes at a time. Try not to call them let them call you. When I see that the 10 minutes it’s getting close I just hang up abruptly and say “hey I have to go” and I just hang up. If they want to talk to you they have to come see you. They know how to find you. Don’t worry. They didn’t die. They’re just busy. He’ll make time for you if you’re important but don’t force anything. My boyfriend told me I never called him once in 2 months. If I need to say something I save it for when I see him. Are used to make up excuses to text him. Like if I bought him his favorite Mountain Dew soda I will take a picture and send it to him. But I stop doing that and he has been chasing me ever since.
• only give him 75% of your love. My nail lady is like my therapist and she told me she’s been married for eight years and her husband still asked her to this day if she loves him. She gives me the best advice. She also asked me do I know which noodle house is the best noodle house in Korea? She told me it was a noodle house that serve the least amount of noodles. So be the noodle house that serves the least amount of noodles. That will make him coming back for more.
• always make sure your nails are perfect. I once was dating this really rich guy who owns all these medical marijuana dispensaries and he told me that he will not date a girl if one nail is broken. Now I know you may think that this is absurd but I’m talking about being a sugarbaby on a high level. In order to be a sugarbaby on a high level you need to look like it.
• you need to shower daily. I can’t believe that I have to even say this but one time I hug my girlfriend and I could smell her hair and my eyes almost white cross eyed. You don’t know how many times guys have told me that they love the way I smell I shower and wash my hair every day and I understand some of you guys because if your ethnicity that you cannot wash her hair every day but you need to figure out something to make sure you smell good and clean. And even after sex I will take a shower and guys always told me that they love me that I’m so clean.
• we are here to comfort our men if they’re having a bad day make sure you uplift them and make sure that you make them happy. One of the things I always tell my guys is I’m here to celebrate your success your happiness and your life make it about them. You can go home and complain to your girlfriends but your boyfriend is not the guy you are complaining to. We are here to celebrate their life and their success.
• I have never ever referred to any of my guys as my “sugar daddy” or asked for an “allowance” to their face. Behind their back I referred to them as my sugar daddy and stuff but to their face they think that I am just their regular girlfriend. This will build more trust and they won’t feel as used and they will probably be looser with their wallet if they feel like you’re not using them. You know they’re going to be very cautious of everything if they suspect anything. You’re going to make the most money if their guards are down so you need to build trust.
• this is also a tip from my nail lady but do not ever make them feel jealous. Even if you are dating multiple men do not let them now. Do not post fancy photos of food on your social media if they’re following you. They know that you were on a date.
• Now as I mentioned above to only give 75% of your love to them and only spend 10 minutes on the phone with them when you were with them in person you are the number one girlfriend. When I am with my boyfriend or any of my dudes and even a Rolls-Royce I don’t even look. My phone is in my bag the whole time I do not check my phone for social media or my text messages or anything. My dude has my full undivided attention. They are the king in my eyes (at the moment)
• I personally won’t introduce my girlfriends to my daddies or my boyfriend until things are really established between the two of us. You don’t even know how many girls will sideswipe you and try to fuck your boyfriend for a Chanel bag. So to save your relationship with your boyfriend and your girlfriends just make sure you and your boyfriend or totally establish before introducing them. You can’t really control what they are going to do but you can definitely control if they meet or not.
• as you guys know a lot of my dudes give me credit card. A lot of girls have been messaging me about this. To get a credit card they are going to need your real name, your birthdate, and your Social Security number. So it has to be definitely someone that you completely trust. My 30-year-old daddy and my boyfriend I know they would never do anything to hurt me. They’re the most nicest people on the planet and their goal is to just help me. So don’t give some crazy motherfucker your Social Security number just so you can get a credit card it might not be worth the trouble. But this is really nice in case they go out of town or something you don’t have to depend on them to deposit money into your bank account it’s just a credit card so you can just spend and they pay the bill. The other great thing is if someone gets you a credit card I can only benefit you never hurt you so let’s just say that they default and don’t pay the credit card it goes on to their credit but let’s say that they pay your $10,000 a month credit card like every month your credit will improve.
• always have your own separate income or business or school or like profession or something that you’re working towards. There is a very high chance that you are probably going to marry a really rich guy being in the sugar bowl you’re going to end up falling in love with one of them. But the thing is is you should still have your own thing. You could even be a part-time plastic surgeon. All my aunts married very wealthy men but they have never worked a day in their lives and their husbands cheat on them all the time and they’re just stuck in there miserable relationship. They are decked out in Ferragamo, Mercedes Benz, and have Chanel bags but they hate their lives. You want to be adored and loved. And you have to let them know that you know you could leave if you wanted to and I think they’ll treasure you more. The also respect you more.
• if you are having a slow season in your sugar game do not worry it happens to all of us that’s why you need to be dating multiple guys to make sure that you’re going to be OK. That’s also why I highly encourage you to save your money. If you need to buy stuff have your daddies buy it for you save all the cash that you get. And honestly if you can’t get a guy to buy it for you you probably don’t even deserve it. If you really wanted you will figure out a way to get a guy to buy it for you. While we are having lunch I’ll make them take me to Sephora go buy $300 worth of make up or say “babe can we swing by target? I’m out of TP” and but $200 worth of stuff. Or get my nails done with them.
• K girls you know my favorite save save save! Just because things are going really well with your daddy don’t get too excited. Guys have offered me all kinds of stuff and they fell short.
• which also brings me to another topic is don’t count your chickens before they hatch. Meaning guys are gonna promise you all kinds of stuff don’t really count on it until you have the money in your hand or in your bank account. And honestly I made the mistake of telling my friends and looking really stupid when the guy never even called me back. So keep this information to yourself and maybe later if they actually give you the money or the gift then you can tell your friends but even with that you were going to end up with a bunch of hater friends. They’re probably going to call you a hooker or something like that because they are so jealous. They probably can’t even get their boyfriend to buy them a $200 dinner. So they are really going to hate you if your boyfriend is giving you a $10,000 allowance plus the Mercedes-Benz, you get what I mean? In the real world not that many people will be happy for you. So be careful who you share your information with.
• and really girls if you want to be a sugar baby on a high level you need to look like it. Your hair, make up, skin, nails, clothes, style, everything needs to be on point. One time I saw my girlfriend who really wanted to be a sugarbaby on my level and she had open her purse and her purse was a freaking mess and her make up had busted and the make up was all over like her wallet and and her stuff. It just looks so freaking disgusting. I buy make up bags from the dollar store and if my make up bursts or breaks I just empty it out throw the make up bag away and I put it in the new make up bag. You need to be really clean for these guys. And this was also the girl that her hair smelled. I mean I’m just her friend observing and I already knew we both played in different sandboxes. She asked me if she could have my old daddies but none of my dudes would even fuck her for free.
I really want all of you guys to be really successful. I’m here to answer any questions and to help you with any of the stuff but you guys need to do your part and look your best and be healthy go work out and be the best you. Make sure you’re all there mentally, emotionally, and physically. I pray and I mediate a lot to get my spirituality and head space in the right place. I work out and eat organic food so I’m in a good mood.
Another thing is is my nail lady told me that you don’t have to be the prettiest girl in the world but you do need to have the best skin. Stay out of the sun it ages you it’s not good for you it will give you freckles and wrinkles. Use SPF every single day, reapply it all day, where a hat if you’re going to be in the sun.
If I actually become successful in my professional career I will probably quit the sugar bowl and just take my boyfriend exclusively. I am really happy with him and I’m happy with my new puppy. I love you all and I wish you all the best success in the world and I totally believe in you.
That’s another thing to make it in this field and anything else you need to believe in yourself. I open my arms and face my palms to the sky, face my heart to the sky and I say “I open my heart to receive love, money, and happiness”. I need you guys to start doing this so the universe knows that’s you’re ready for your whale :)
To all my daddies,
I want to thank you for all the luxuries in my life. I want to thank you for making sure my bills are paid, designer silk clothes, most expensive shoes and handbags, most exclusive gym membership, caring about my health, buying me healthy organic groceries, alkaline water, green juices delivered every morning, taking care of my eyelashes extensions, nail salon, eyebrows, skincare, spas, facials, hair salon, make up, plastic surgeries, laser hair removal, my new puppy, taking care of my puppy supplies and vet bills and thank you for taking care of me even when you’re away on a business trip. I will in return be the best girlfriend to you make sure you feel like a king. I’m so grateful I met you. I love you so much.
nathan prescott; literally murders rachel and buries her body in a place where none of her loved ones will find her for months, drugs chloe and attempts to take pictures of her, drugs kate, supports jefferson’s perverted photo project, threatens max after she rightly tells the principal that he brings a gun into school, relies on his family’s money to get his own way
y'all; oh my god he’s going to be in the prequel he’s wearing a BLUE JACKET my baby
This is a story that my grandfather liked to tell. It’s kind of long, and I can’t say if it’s true, but it seems to fit the very old and cantankerous guy I knew, who never, ever let a grudge go. I mean, in the 1980s and 90s, he would sometimes go and yell at Democratic candidates for office, because Woodrow Wilson had made him fight in WW1.
The story actually starts with that, kind of. You see, Grampa immigrated to the US early enough that the first election he could vote in, he voted for Teddy Roosevelt. Wilson won, though, and then he ran for reelection under the slogan “He Kept Us Out of the War.” Which seemed like a good platform, so my grandfather voted for Wilson. Few months after that, he got us into the war, and a few months after that, my grandfather was in the trenches somewhere in France.
Iris: Truth or dare, Cisco Cisco: Dare Iris: Order me a pizza Cisco: … Truth or dare, Barry? Barry: Dare??? Cisco: Pay for the pizza Barry:… Truth or dare, Iris? Iris: Truth. Nice try though, honey. Barry: *grumbles to himself as he brings out his wallet*
I first just want to thank God for blessing me so much but I made $4600 last night!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so fucking happy!!!!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉
So on my earlier post I mentioned to you guys that I went to a home high limit poker game and worked as a waitress there. So I took my own advice and I texted a few people to see where else I can work. So this girl got back to me to work a poker game with Persian guys. I went there and my eyes kept matching with this guy. He waved over to me and would tip $100. I asked him if he wanted a drink and he said no. Then the third time he gave me money again and said, “STAY” in a stern voice. So I just stood behind him. Then he told me how he just flew in from Dubai and he was tired. And he asked me where I went to school. I told him I never finished school because I didn’t want to go into to debt. He told me school was very important. He asked me how much school was in the US and I told him USC is $50k. Then he told me he will give me $20k a month and he told me to stop working the poker games. He told me he never wants to see me here again! He made me cash out my $600 2 hours into the game and he made me hang out with him. He promised me another $4k by the end of the night.
Well ladies… he delivered. I came home with $4600. He promised to see me again. We’ll see. I’ll be super grateful.
He told me he’s looking for someone to take care of travel with him. He’s not married and single in his 40’s (I’m in my 30’s). He said I would be getting over $20k a month + shopping. But as we all know we get promised in millions and they deliver in thousands… we’ll see. I’m hopeful.
This goes back to my proximity. You need to hang around where rich men are! I’m going to delete my SA. For the time time I spend and the money I get back it’s a joke.
I’m sending on my positive blessed energy to you ladies so you will have good luck too!!!!!!!!! I hope we all make it.
This came to me while in the shower. I nearly forgot about it but now I can’t forget it and I think it’s important.
Back when I was a small eighth grader, my Christian school asked me to go to a local fair and hold a book reading for kids. I was super excited and said yes right away. I got there, read a book or two, then I had a half hour break. I walked around and saw a sign that said ‘ART!!! X% OF PROCEEDS GO TO CHARITIES TO HELP LGBTA+ MINORS!!“. I don’t remember the exact percentage, but I remember thinking "Art??? I love art!!”
I walked over to the tent where there were two people. One girl with dark purple hair, and another 'girl’ (in quotes for a reason) who had a shaved head. They were in highschool and I was terrified… They were the big kids at a PUBLIC SCHOOL!!! I asked them what lgbta+ meant because I wanted to know where my money was going.
They said “Lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transexuals, ace/aro, and others!” And I’m like??? There’s more than just gay??
They laughed and said yes, asked me my orientation (straight then) and introduced themselves. (I’ll use their traits as names) Purple was a girl, and pansexual, which she explained meant she could love anyone no matter what. (Anyone? I asked. Yep! She said smiling. I just care if you’re kind). She has a girlfriend who was a lesbian.
Artist (the persons who art was being sold) was nonbinary and bisexual. They explained what they meant, and how bi was different from pan. But I was confused about nombinary. I told them I didn’t understand how you could be nothing! They smiled softly and told me this.
“It’s okay if you don’t understand! It can be confusing. All the matters is that you’ll treat me like everyone else.”
We talked until I had to go back, but on all my breaks I went back to them. I told them how my mom was at my stand and wouldn’t be happy if she knew I was there. They told me about highschool and art and lgbta+. I ended up buying two pieces from her. One I’m not a huge fan of bc I grew out of the style but the other I still have hanging up after almost five years.
At some point, I had to leave. They hugged me, wished me luck in life, and we parted ways.
I was packing up when I saw a huge floppy sunhat come into my tent. It was Purple and Artist, who got a huge hat so my mom wouldn’t see their “boy hair cut”. They said hello, pretended not to know me, but slipped me a slip of paper, smiled, and walked away. I opened it to see a drawing of a hotdog Artist drew me (I let calling every dog a hot dog because it was very hot outside). On the bottom was a small heart.
This is so important to me. Those people could’ve easily brushed me off as just a kid who is sheltered and bigoted. But they didn’t. They took me in for the day and (most likely painfully for them) explained everything and answered all my questions. I don’t think I’d be on terms with my sexuality without them.
Long story short, always be nice. Have patience, be kind, and never get short with kids, teens, or even adults who just want to learn or are under informed. Or even if they don’t understand some things, like how I was at first with nonbinary.
Always be patient, always be kind. Anything you say or do can impact someone forever.
please write about watching him cuddle a pillow I will die
He looks peaceful, relaxed against the soft pillow and cushions of the white lounging couch, eyes closed and lips pursed as he slumbers away under the Mexican heat. The expanse of his back is exposed and you watch from where you sit at the edge of the pool as he breathes in and out, sleep completely taking over his body.
It’s the first time in a month that he gets to relax and take a few days for himself, after the extensive and seemingly never ending promotion of his new album. You’ve followed him along as you could but this small trip (part of his promotion but still a chance to steal a few days of rest) is the first time you can finally see him for more than five minutes between interviews or the half an hour before the two of you went to bed, after an intense day of work.
Harry’s skin, dotted with tattoos and a little mark here and there, is glistening in the sunshine and your fingers tingle to touch it, but you don’t want to interrupt his nap, not when you know he needs it so much.
Even though you know he loves the fast pace of his work and the interactions with old and new fans, you know there are moments where he needs to relax and recharge. In the last few years in the band, you saw him run himself ragged from all the touring, never ever taking time to just sit back and take a moment for himself, so you couldn’t help but worry once it all started again.
“When is his next appearance?” You ask Jeff, your legs submerged into the cold but pleasant water as your legs move back and forth slowly.
“He’s got a secret show in three days.” Your boyfriend’s friend and manager, tells you.
“I’m glad he gets a few days off.” You tell him, looking back at Harry - he’s sleeping soundly, unperturbed by the sounds of music and conversation around you and you can’t help feel your heart speed up when you see him squeezing a pillow against his side, nose burying into it just like he does with you when the two of you share a bed.
“Yeah, he earned it.”
Lying back, sunglasses on your face and arms stretched against your sides, you enjoy the contrast between the coolness of the water in your legs and the heat of the sun on the rest of your body and you’re almost falling asleep when you feel the sunlight lightly burning on your skin.
Getting up, you head towards the couch where your boyfriend sleeps, reaching for the suncream that rests by his head with light hands to avoid disturbing him but it’s to no use. The second you grab the bottle, you’re facing the green of his eyes, puffy with sleep and shining brighter than ever against the sunlight.
“Go back to sleep.” You mumble, hand reaching down to brush against the apples of his cheek, his eyes squinting as he looks up at you.
With deep and scratchy voice, Harry answers you, one of his hands reaching up to hold your wrist, keeping your hand on him. “Where are yeh going?”
“Just gonna put on some more suncream.” Smiling, you kneel down, finger brushing against the bridge of his nose in a slow caress that make his sleepy eyes close as he leans on his pillow again, cheek smushed against it. “Did you put on yours? Can’t ruin your money maker.”
His shoulders shake as he giggles, eyes bright when he looks up at you, a smile on his lips. “M’ nose is my money maker? Not m’ voice?”
“Some would say, yeah.” You shrug, fighting a smirk and Harry turns to his back, a hand on his tummy as he laughs lightly.
“Mental…” He shakes his head, before turning towards you again, face just a few inches from yours. “I didn’t put any on.”
Shaking your head in disapproval, you stand up, tapping on his head until he lifts it up, giving you enough space to sit down and then his head is on your lap as he looks up at you. “Gonna put some on for you and then you’re gonna remember to put some more on later, okay?”
Humming, he closes his eyes and allows you to dot the white cream all over his face. WIth delicate fingers, you spread the cream all over his cheeks, chin, forehead and nose, slathering some down his neck and chest. “It’s like a facial. Wonderful.”
You giggle and continue on until the substance is nothing but a sticky and clear layer on his face and you watch as he relaxes against you, mouth opening slightly as sleep takes over him again. He’s hugging his pillow almost like a teddy bear and you can help but slide the fingers of your free hand into his hair, his bandana falling off and giving you a free path to work on scratching his scalp lightly.
He looks peaceful resting against you and try as you might, you can’t help but lean down and steal a quick kiss from his parted lips - they feel warm from the sun and they taste like the fruity drink he was having before his nap. Just as you’re about to pull away, you feel the weight of his hand against the back of your neck, holding you down as his lips part and allow his tongue to find yours. It’s a slow, sensual and toe curling kiss, where your tongues dance together to allow the both of you the best taste of each other, with slow gentle licks and teeth nipping on his full bottom lip as your hand slides down his chest, nails scratching against his tummy.
“Should put some more later.” He mumbles when you pull away with a gasp.
“What?” You ask, frowning at him. “Suncream?”
“Hmmm… no.” Harry smiles, pulling you down again. “Kisses. On my mouth.”
Laughing against his lips, you allow him to kiss you, distracting you from the heat of the sun and focusing on the heat of his tongue, that makes butterflies swarm your tummy and erase any worries from your mind.
hi everybody! it’s definitely been a while, huh? i hope everyone is well and has been/ is studying hard for their end of year exams! good luck!
since my gap year is coming to an end, i decided i wanted to make a few posts about it to help some of you guys, who have been asking me about my experience, out. these are a few things i’ve learned during my gap year.
► it’s ok to be the only one taking a gap year
this was a really big thing for me. no one i knew decided to take one at the end of our secondary school career. i was the only person in my big old school, as for as i’m aware of, that chose to do so. i have to admit it’s really weird to be the only one in your friend group not going to university and experiencing that exciting time. in belgium it really isn’t a common thing to do either. especially not after secondary school. but! and this is a big but: you will. a gap year doesn’t mean you’re never going to go to uni/ college and experience the same as your friends! it’s a year out to work or discover what you really want to do in life. and if it just so happens you find out you prefer working straight away, that’s totally cool! whatever suits you! i just hope my friends learn to accept others who choose to work instead of studying instead of making them feel like they’re just too “dumb” for uni/college. we all choose different paths in life. let’s all try to live with that.
► keep yourself busy
one of the things most adults told me was to keep myself busy during my gap year, because otherwise i’d become incredibly lazy. for my part, this is so true. there were a few weeks at the start of october that i wasn’t working, and i became such really lazy. i slept in almost every day and i didn’t feel motivated to do anything. i also felt quite isolated and lonely. you don’t have to work to keep yourself busy though! you could travel, pick up a hobby, get better at something you’ve already learned, etc. as long as you’re keeping yourself busy and making the most out of your gap year! why would you be taking one otherwise?
► you will lose friends and make new ones
don’t be afraid of the fact you’ll eventually lose some old friends. the people who don’t invest in your friendship as much as you do don’t deserve you honestly! i started feeling lonely too, since a few of my friends never made any effort to keep in contact with me, or meet up with me, even though i tried time and time again. it’s totally normal and will happen to everyone.this doesn’t mean you should just give up on all your friendships though! but trust me: you’ll know what i’m talking about at some point in your life. at work i met a group of really great young people like me, and we have become a really close group of friends. we take out breaks together, go out after work and hang out on our days off. they’ve really given me the kind of friendship i was looking for, and i’m really grateful for that.
► don’t feel so guilty about having fun
this was a biggie for me. i can’t really explain it, but i started feeling guilty about having so much fun. in school there weren’t that many times i went out or hung out with my friends because i was focusing on studying, so whenever i made plans this year, i felt really weird about it. almost as if i was having too much fun? this is a really silly feeling and i’ve learned to let that part of me go. it’s important to bond with your friends and yourself by exploring places and making memories. don’t feel bad about it.
► money, money, money
i think everyone has a hard time figuring out how to budget and save the first time round. (if not: you should write a book for all of us who did struggle!) i’m in a position where i can save a very large part of my money each month because i only pay my parents a little each month. keeping in mind, my goal was double of what i started with, i’m incredibly close. i’m using all my money to pay for my tuition fees for 2 years and part of my rent, so i’m doing a great job so far, even if i do say so myself. it’s not so easy for others, and it’s so normal to struggle if you’re not used to working and earning a steady income each month. don’t be too hard on yourself about this: you’re young and clueless.
► in the end: it’s only one year
it’s really easy to get it into your head that this year is going to be hard and will feel like it lasts forever, but time honestly flies. when i first starting on the first of july time seemed to go so slowly. every day seemed to last an age, and i wondered what it would feel like to only have a few months left. i’m at that stage now, and every day seems to fly by. i was told it would take me six months to get used to working, but it only took me 3. by the time october came around i was so used to getting up at a certain time, finishing at 6pm, coming home, eating, practicing on the piano and going to bed. it doesn’t seem that exciting, but we’re all creatures of habit and routine. i feel like i’ve changed a lot as a person, but also like i haven’t at all. in some aspects i’m much wiser, but at the same time i still feel like a lost kid. a year really isn’t a long time at all.
those were just some things i’ve learned so far. i still have a total of 9 weeks left until i’m packing up and flying to barcelona to start an incredibly exciting chapter of my life. who knows what will happen! i’ll be making a few more posts about gap years, so if you’re interested in taking one, just keep an eye out!
Sci, are Clint's issues with food and childhood hunger canon in Marvel? Because they are such a prominent theme in many many fics (I have used it myself) so just curious if they are part of the comics. Also, does Rhodey know that Tony asked Clint to take care of DJ if he and Steve are gone?
I honestly don’t remember it being explicitly covered in the comics. But there are things that are:
-Clint’s father was physically and emotionally abusive -Like half of the fathers in the Marvel universe, he was also an alcoholic who hit his wife -They were very definitely poor -His parents died in a car accident -He and his brother ran away, joined the circus, and fell under the thrall of yet another abusive father figure.
This equals hunger. So why DON’T I remember this being focused on?
Because everything I’ve ever read about hunger, non-fiction or fiction, has been written by women, or PoC. Guess who almost never, ever gets to write white, male lead character superheroes for the big two publishers? Women. And PoC.
So the things that are written about Clint and his difficult childhood (or Tony and his difficult childhood, or Bruce and his difficult childhood, and hell, I think they retconned Steve’s merely dead dad to be, you guessed it, alcoholic and abusive!, so him and his difficult childhood) are written through a white, male lens. And white men, in general, are more comfortable writing about certain types of abuse (physical and verbal) than others (sexual and emotional).
Because certain types of suffering are ‘manly.’ Are ‘acceptable’ in the backstory of a hyper masculine character. Look at the same tired tropes trotted out over and over and over. The suffering heaped on heroic male characters tends to follow a very easy, very comfortable path, where the writer doesn’t have to think too hard, where the character can be sympathetic, but still ‘strong.’ Still ‘tough.’ Still ‘heroic.’ Still ‘masculine.’
Violence is masculine. Starvation is not. Poverty is not.
Being poor is the worst sin in the United States. It is, and anyone who tells you differently is selling something.
I did my student teaching in an inner city middle school in a not-very-good part of a solidly working class city. And I remember the principal walking around at lunch, surreptitiously handing out lunch cards. These were supposed to go to kids who had forgotten their lunch money that day, to entitle them to a free lunch. But on lunch duty, I soon figured out, she was giving them to the same kids, every day.
I asked her why, and she said, these were kids who would’ve qualified for the free lunch program, she knew it, they knew it, the cafeteria ladies knew it. But the paperwork was never filled out. Hell, the paperwork probably never made it home. Because when they were approved for the free lunch program, the card they were given was a different color than the card for the kids who were paying. And they knew it. Their peers knew it. So they didn’t bring the paperwork home.
To repeat: Twelve year old children, children who had NO PART in their family’s financial standing, NO ABILITY to change that standing, NO CHANCE to do anything other than do their best to get by, preferred going hungry rather than deal with the shame of being visibly identified as coming from a family below the poverty line.
And for some of these kids, the free breakfast and lunch provided by schools was probably the most stable nutrition they got.
Hunger never leaves you. Not ever. But it is a feminine suffering, a thing spoken of condescendingly by late night “Feed the Children” ads showing starving (brown) children in some far off, unfortunate land, and written about by women who can’t figure out how to stretch what little they have to cover the heating bill and the grocery bill. Hunger is food deserts in inner cities and canned food because you can’t afford the time or the bus fare to go to the grocery store several times a month for fresh, and so everything has to last. It is food pantries where you’re given the allotment of rice and beans and maybe, if you’re damn lucky, a can of horrible pineapple chunks as a ‘treat.’
Hunger is not heroic. And that’s why it’s glossed over in comics.
NOTE: Pure Filth. Turn back now if you don’t want to see. Turning Tae Tae into my Fuck Puppy (Thanks Anon). Soft femdom. Let me tell you, it was an EXPERIENCE writing this, and I am still not perfectly pleased with it. Mostly because I’m never happy with my own smut writing. I had to do so much research, so google probably thinks I’m freaky naughty af. Which I suppose I am considering I wrote this lol. So, for those that are hardcore into this and think I didn’t portray it well enough, I’m sorry, I tried. And I learned quite a bit about myself, like the fact that if I ever get my hands on someone like Tae, I am so going to try this. Now enjoy, and excuse me as I go drench myself in holy water to cleanse myself of sin.
“You know, I hate the winter. It reminds me of your cold heart.”
My now ex-boyfriend mutters this line, looking into the snowy sky.
He sighs loudly and saunters off, without looking back. What a
fucking drama queen. I can’t help but snort as I watch him
disappear into the light snowfall, and wonder what movie he got that
I don’t have a cold heart. He was just a damn bore. He never
wanted to do anything but watch movies, and freaked out if I
suggested anything besides missionary. I’ve been thinking about
breaking up with him for weeks now, but was putting it off because I
knew he’d cry. This saved me all the hassle.
I was resting my back against
Shawn’s broad chest, while his fingers were running through my wet newly washed
hair. We were chilling in bed, watching movies after a long day for the both of
us. We were sipping beers, celebrating this day finally coming to an end.
I was tucked tightly into a
blanket, feeling Shawn place tender kisses on my neck once in a while. His arms
were tightly shut around my body, making every inch of my skin feel tickly just
by his faint yet loving touches.
I need help from one closeted transfeminine and one closeted transmasculine person who have the money to buy gender-affirming stuff but are afraid of having it shipped to their house.
I want to start a program called Binder Buddies where I can ship younger trans folks gender-affirming products in ways that prevent nosy parents from finding out.
The idea is:
- They would be able to pay me for it via money order (which doesn’t require a credit card), and I can buy whatever they need for them using my card. I’m not going to ask for any money beyond the cost of the items. (Sorry, but I’m broke and can’t pay for stuff for you)
-Shipping will be discreet and obnoxiously difficult to open.
-I can ship it to a local post office rather than their house.
-I can put the items under a false bottom in a cardboard box, then fill the top with something innocuous.
Since GC2B is having a giveaway, now seemed like a good time to test out specifically the false bottom. This means I need two people to ship things to, one transfeminine and one transmasculine. Since there’s no guarantee it will work, I’ll cover $10 of whatever each person wants, and I ask that you consider your situation carefully and exactly what would happen if your parents did find a binder/makeup/etc.
If you’re interested, please message me. If I get more than I can handle, I’ll be picking based on who needs it the most.
If you’re interested in helping run the program itself, feel free to message me as well.