the boys reacting to getting an ice cream headache during a date with their s/o?
For sure! This one was fun, I hope you like it!
- you two are actually having a really great time, conversation is going well, you’re getting along, and you seem to share a lot of interests!
- so you’re a little surprised when he suddenly stops talking, deathgrips his ice cream cone so hard it shatters and practically explodes all over the table, and just slams his head down on the table.
- you’re pretty sure he just died.
- but no, not dead, you can hear him muttering to himself in his puddle of ice cream, crushed waffle cone, and probably tears.
- “Is this the blackest side of being a human being?”
- “Is being alive what it means to truly suffer?”
- “With life…comes torment?”
- who the hell is this man.
- after a few minutes of dead silence, he perks back up and continued friendly conversation.
- his face is covered in ice cream.
- please help him.
- the second it hits, he tries to play it like absolutely nothing is wrong, and fails miserably.
- his version of “acting casual” is acting WAY too suspicious.
- he just kind of slams his hands down on the table and tries to put on a convincing smile, which looks absolutely agonized.
- he’s sweating like a dog and just staring at you.
- he looks like he’s trying not to scream.
- finally you ask if he’s okay, to which he just kind of squeaks “MHM!” in response to.
- he is definitely not “mhm”.
- eventually it goes away and he relaxes, completely convinced that he fooled you.
- you don’t have the heart to tell him that he didn’t.
- he literally smashes his ice cream cone against the table like a beer bottle and just screams “HOLY FUCK.”
- and frankly you’re pretty startled!
- he’s just gripping his head and standing there looking like he had an aneurysm and frankly you’re pretty concerned! because he looks like he’s gonna collapse or something!
- he doubles over and just kind of screams dramatically before sitting down, putting on a bright smile, and dismissing it completely.
- everybody is staring at you two.
- ice cream? what ice cream? he didn’t have any ice cream. what’s an ice cream?
- scream? of course he didn’t scream, why would he scream?
- you’re just imagining things.
- he looks like he’s legitimately going to cry.
- he stands up, a sniffling trembling mess, and tells you he needs a moment before running off to the bathroom.
- you are stunned.
- you two had just been talking, having completely regular conversation, and he had just broken and run off just like that.
- he came back eventually, laughing nervously and explaining it was nothing but a headache.
- what a puss.
- but you love him anyway.
- you buy him a new ice cream too! but only becaus he was gone so long that his melted on the table…
- you’ll have to clean that up.
- he’s 100% the kind of guy who somehow manages to get an ice cream headache literally every time he has ice cream.
- that being a fact, you have NO IDEA why he would invite you out for ice cream again!
- you warned him a million times, eat it slowly, and he promised you that this time, he would! no ice cream headache.
- well, needless to say, he lied.
- within two minutes of even having the ice cream, he had the corresponding headache.
- he doesn’t say anything, just puts his head in his hands, but you totally know.
- and you have absolutely no sympathy for him, because you warned him!
- he recovers quickly, and you roll up a napkin and give him a quick slap on the head.
- is this…is this even possible?
- gonta’s never actually had ice cream before! he’s so excited!
- plus gonta gets to have his first ice cream on a date with you! that’s so exciting!
- which is kind of where the problem comes in.
- because he’s so excited that he pretty much just inhales this ice cream, which is all well and good until the headache hits.
- gonta feels utterly betrayed! you didn’t tell him ice cream would hurt!
- you’re trying not to laugh because you feel bad, but this is adorable and stupid.
- you explain to him that that’s just what happens when you eat ice cream too fast!
- but gonta does not underst a n d-
- maybe you’ll practice eating ice cream again another time.
- you’re a little confused when he suddenly just goes dead silent in the middle of your conversation.
- he just kind of sighs deeply and stares at you.
- then, quietly, he mutters. “fuck me running.”
- you do not know how to respond to that.
- you both sit there in a few moments of silence before finally it subsides after a mountain of your confusion, and he picks up your conversation again.
- your boyfriend is a strange one.