Thousands gather in Manchester and across the UK to pay tributes to those who lost their lives and the families affected after a terrorist attack after an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester. Many of the victims were children, and the youngest confirmed dead was only 8 years old.
edit: this post is directed at the general populace. Mlm clearly have more of a right to dislike this game if it makes them uncomfortable, these are my thoughts on the matter however and not intended to trample on mlm. also i am a qu**r person who uses that word as an umbrella term but have seen how it’s bothering a lot of the rebloggers so i’ve changed it to LGBT
maybe you folks should ask yourselves why youre trying so hard to find reasons to demonize and hate Dream Daddy, a game with actual pure non-fetishized representation of mlm and honestly GBT men of all sorts that you’ll even go as far as to twist around components of a datamine into something theyre not
its okay to dislike GG, theyve done some shitty stuff in the past AND present, and i dont even watch them or like them, but this game isnt made by them. its released by them. it was made by a couple college art students who did a great job at putting representation and real experiences in this game and they worked so fuckin hard on it. you know what youre doing by trying to make this game fail, or torrenting it so it looks like it did worse than it actually did? assuring more games with positive representation aren’t made, or released, or even fucking bothered with. i fucking promise you, with GG’s youtube channel and band and whatever else they do, that you torrenting or boycotting the game isnt hurting them in the slightest. it’s hurting the creators, it’s hurting LGBT game-makers everywhere, and it’s hurting the genre of LGBT games made by LGBT people with good, unfetishized or sex-oriented stories/characters.
so maybe get your heads out of your cynical asses, accept nothing you consume will be perfect, and try to support something with a genuine and positive representation of both GB and trans men. its a fun, lighthearted game with good stories and relatable characters and frankly, im sick of yall trying to assure LGBT oriented games fail because of such miniscule shit.
- it’s super rare to have a friendship like Tom and Harrison’s. (And even more so with the life they have to live)
- the nerdist podcast
- Harrison’s hair. (It curls and looks soft even when he loads it with hair gel. It’s magical)
- Tom plays multiple instruments (guitar, Uke, piano)
- Jacob plays multiple instruments well
- Tom and Harrison are 21 and don’t seem to have any serious mental health issues. (Do you know how frikin rare that is?)
- that video where Tom wakes Harrison up when he hit 1M. (Harrison was happy for him even thoughhe just got jumped on. I woulda hit someone for that no matter what the reason)
- Harry went to BRITschool too? (I think? I actually can’t find anything that confirms that. There is a short film the BRITschool channel uploaded that he has the smallest cameo in though- like he doesn’t show his face)
- Harry keeps wearing ball caps like Ron Howard and it’s real squish
- Paddy’s name is Patrick.
- Monty is cuter than Tessa
- Harrison hasn’t had peanut butter
- Tom’s (possible) Spotify
- The fact that Tom’s voice raises a pitch when he smiles as he talks.
- Tom’s love of Ed Sheeran (just cause that makes me happy)
- The fact that Harrison has tumblr (and all the boys share stuff between each other when its funny or amusing to them.)
taz is great about its wlw representation bc on one hand you have killian and carey, two very competent women who are great at what they do and have their shit together enough to get married in the end, and then on the other hand you have hurley and sloane, 100% certified Disaster Lesbians™